Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone make the rear quarters in carbon fiber?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 01:43 AM
NVA2010
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Anyone make the rear quarters in carbon fiber?

Does anyone make the rear quarter panels in carbon fiber like Halltech used to?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:05 AM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Halltech.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:28 AM
NVA2010
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Myers
Halltech.
Already talked to Jim about it before posing this question and he said that he no longer makes them.

"like Halltech used to?"

Last edited by NVA2010; 07-26-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:07 PM
NemeZ
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

Carboncreationz have some, although I don't know about their quality.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:20 PM
NVA2010
Racer

Originally Posted by NemeZ
Carboncreationz
Thanks.

Just checked their site and it looks like they just have ones where the fender is flared to give base cars the widebody look, but there is no brake scoop like the z cars have
Old 07-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by NVA2010
Already talked to Jim about it before posing this question and he said that he no longer makes them.

"like Halltech used to?"
His web site is somewhat misleading as the cf rear quarters are still shown in his store. Guessing not the only component shown that's no longer available.

Last edited by Larry Myers; 07-26-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:29 PM
NVA2010
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Myers
His web site is somewhat misleading as the cf rear quarters are still shown in his store. Guessing not the only component shown that's no longer available.
I just saw that they were still listed myself. Sadly, I don't think they are the only component shown that's no longer available either. My question posed to Jim asked about the carbon beehive as well, so I took his response of "no longer" as encompassing both the quarter panels and the cf beehive.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:15 PM
ZedNought6
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

If you don't mind a complete body kit, ACP makes CF body parts that don't look too crazy...

http://www.acproducts.us/corvetteracebod.htm

Good luck!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:23 PM
NVA2010
Racer

Originally Posted by ZedNought6
If you don't mind a complete body kit, ACP makes CF body parts that don't look too crazy...

http://www.acproducts.us/corvetteracebod.htm

Good luck!
Thanks.

I actually sent a message to Kerry earlier this week, but haven't received a reply yet. Hopefully they can hook me up with just the panels I'm interested in. Pockets aren't deep enough for the whole kit
Old 07-29-2017, 03:27 PM
ZedNought6
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NVA2010
Thanks.

I actually sent a message to Kerry earlier this week, but haven't received a reply yet. Hopefully they can hook me up with just the panels I'm interested in. Pockets aren't deep enough for the whole kit
Unfortunately, the front fenders, side skirts and rear fenders are a complete kit as they all fit into one another. I have a set of rears and skirts I got cheap. Eventually I want to complete the set when I finish other more important tasks. Some *** hit me in a parking lot and I have a cracked drivers side rear quarter panel.

You can get the pieces a-la cart. Leaving out the hood saves some cash.

They aren't the best at getting back to you... I know.

Cheers!
Old 07-29-2017, 06:49 PM
NVA2010
Racer

Originally Posted by ZedNought6
Unfortunately, the front fenders, side skirts and rear fenders are a complete kit as they all fit into one another. I have a set of rears and skirts I got cheap. Eventually I want to complete the set when I finish other more important tasks. Some *** hit me in a parking lot and I have a cracked drivers side rear quarter panel.

You can get the pieces a-la cart. Leaving out the hood saves some cash.

They aren't the best at getting back to you... I know.

Cheers!
Yeah, I just noticed the slight difference in design vs the OEM parts. Thanks for pointing that out.

Man that bums me out. I was really hoping to find someone that simply made the stock panels in carbon.

Came close 3 times now
1 no longer makes them, another makes them with no brake scoop and the other makes them fit with other modified panels as a kit

I even contacted Supervettes to see if they might have plans to make the rears in carbon. No reply yet.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:16 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Are you looking for weight savings or just a way to quickly empty your wallet? I just tried to find shipping weight for a base vette front fender vs Z06 front fender out of curiosity and came up empty. Probably cheaper to go on a diet for the weight savings. And allow for you to enjoy your vette longer
Old 07-29-2017, 08:23 PM
NVA2010
Racer

Originally Posted by stefuel
Are you looking for weight savings or just a way to quickly empty your wallet? I just tried to find shipping weight for a base vette front fender vs Z06 front fender out of curiosity and came up empty. Probably cheaper to go on a diet for the weight savings. And allow for you to enjoy your vette longer
I'm looking for them because I want them. More than one reason why, but weight savings would be one of the pluses. If 2k empties your wallet when it comes to the Z cars, you're doing something wrong. You didn't find a shipping weight difference because they dimensionally would take the same size box for shipping and costs are based on dimensional weight rather than actual. On the other hand, it's a known fact that the carbon panels are significantly lighter than the SMC panels on the C6 cars.

If I were to live to life expectancy, barring freak accidents, I've got plenty of time to enjoy my car. Going on a diet isn't going to extend that any measurable amount in my case.

Also, losing weight myself doesn't change the weight of the car so please stop being one of those that says to just go on a diet every time weight reduction comes up as a topic. Comments like that just rain on people's parade when they actually are looking to shed weight from the car. Spend your own money elsewhere if you don't think it's worth it and move on.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone make the rear quarters in carbon fiber?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone make the rear quarters in carbon fiber?