Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

anyone familiar with this extended warranty ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 08:27 AM
JMills
Drifting

Received 784 Likes on 330 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C2 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Default anyone familiar with this extended warranty ?

Was at the dealership yesterday, getting a routine oil change on my 2016/Z06! Discussed this extended warranty with the service manager for my 2013/427. Was wondering if anyone had any experience/ familiar with this product.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

I've bought AM warranties for years, shopped before inking a GMEPP replacing last GMPP, and never heard of this outfit.
Doesn't mean they're not reputable, after all your dealer's selling it.

One thing I've learned is to closely read the exclusions.
The pricey stuff's usually not covered, like ballasts for example as was my experience /w a GMEPP Silver.

However, buying top tier policy from any outfit usually provides best overall coverage. A GMEPP Platinum would've covered ballasts.

A penny-wise & dollar-foolish purchase of a 2nd tier policy saves a few bucks up-front but only leads to an unpleasant and unexpected surprise when counted on.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:12 PM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

Here is the deal with extended warranties (from my personal experience) that you need to remember. (Mine was from SafeGuard.) Sure, valve guides are covered in the warranty, but here is how they get out from that. First, in order for they to cover ANYTHING, you have to experience a "breakdown," before then getting their approval ahead of time for any repair, which of course requires they to come out to the shop where you're vehicle is " broke down," and see for themselves. Do you think they were going to authorize my motor to be torn down for valve guides when it otherwise ran normal? No. Could I (or my shop) afford to have my car on their lift for 6 to 8 weeks while the heads were off, inspected, and repaired? No.

Despite talking with someone with SafeGuard ahead of time, it doesn't matter what anybody "said", it matters what is written in the contract. Because I went with a core set of heads and did everything before hand, they wiggled out of any responsibility.

Now, if I waited for my valve guides to "breakdown" and drop a valve, I'm out an entire motor and the labor to r/r it, but the warranty caps their costs to $10,000 per instance. I had my original heads inspected by AHP and even with both mic and bore measurements of the top, middle, and bottom of the valve, showing five intake and one exhaust guide out of GM spec, because I didn't play their game, they denied me anything. Oh well, I canceled it and will get about 75% back of what I paid for the warranty and it's not like I was holding my breath. Live and learn, at least I have my heads fixed.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:45 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

I don't think we have worked with that particular warranty company before. We have worked with several others (gmpp, max-care, ally, gmepp, fidelity, etc...) in the past and had some success with getting them to replace heads.
The lower miles the vehicle has the better, when it comes to aftermarket warrranty's they like to play the "normal wear and tear" game.

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Get notified of new replies

To anyone familiar with this extended warranty ?

Quick Reply: anyone familiar with this extended warranty ?