Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Frankenstein Engineering Heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
From what I was told was 649 from their BR7's and 600 from their ported stock castings. Enough people on CF & FB have turned me from them. I am going WCCH/Tick cam, turn around is a huge factor and AI is two months and another head company was 3-4 weeks.
Believe what you want, I have NEVER seen a car pickup power using those heads and I myself GAINED 40+whp and Tq everywhere on the rpm range when I took his s*** heads off so I'm speaking from experience. FED heads dont make 649 from BR7's or 600 from ported stockers, maybe 590-600 and 560-570 at best. I'll say it again though, ask anyone whom uses those heads what their mph is or for a dyno graph OR if they still have the car.

What cam did Tick spec, how big?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
Believe what you want, I have NEVER seen a car pickup power using those heads and I myself GAINED 40+whp and Tq everywhere on the rpm range when I took his s*** heads off so I'm speaking from experience. FED heads dont make 649 from BR7's or 600 from ported stockers, maybe 590-600 and 560-570 at best. I'll say it again though, ask anyone whom uses those heads what their mph is or for a dyno graph OR if they still have the car.

What cam did Tick spec, how big?
That is what everyone is saying and I decided against FED. One guy on the forum or two have had luck with them out of many.

It is a new cam spec they have out that has been in only 1 C6Z so far. Shane at Nemesis Racing mentioned it to me and I liked the sound and the power figures. I think it is mid-240/262 and I have to look at the messages.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:47 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

I dont really understand what all the fuss is about. Their heads may not make as much hp and the next guys, big deal. Maybe WCCH don't make as much as Mamo heads. To me, its not just about big numbers, but rather reliability. I have had Frankenstein heads for almost 5 years now and have had 0 problems. I could care less if my car makes less hp.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 PM
JDebler
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
I dont really understand what all the fuss is about. Their heads may not make as much hp and the next guys, big deal. Maybe WCCH don't make as much as Mamo heads. To me, its not just about big numbers, but rather reliability. I have had Frankenstein heads for almost 5 years now and have had 0 problems. I could care less if my car makes less hp.
I was honestly wondering the same thing. We all kinda look at things from different perspectives depending on our needs and uses. Why the name calling and such? Doesn't make the cars any faster. If it did, we'd have a reason.

I met Chris Franks last summer at LSFest. Super nice guy and I profiled his heads here:
Old 03-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Deleted.... considering I do not run their product. Probably best not to say anything.

I will say, I run WCCH stage 2 heads.... they work great for my mid-range naturally aspirated application. No complaints.

Last edited by Beach Bum; 03-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:32 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 687 Posts

Dragonfly is not running stock casting heads, though. I think that's where the problem lies.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

That is what everyone is saying and I decided against FED. One guy on the forum or two have had luck with them out of many.

It is a new cam spec they have out that has been in only 1 C6Z so far. Shane at Nemesis Racing mentioned it to me and I liked the sound and the power figures. I think it is mid-240/262 and I have to look at the messages.
Nemesis Racing knows what they are doing. Look at the the red car running bottom 9s. Probably going to perform well based on their R&D.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:44 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Do you race your car at events? Half mile, quarter mile, if not then it will not matter to you.
The following users liked this post:
TXGS507 (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Innovate
Drifting

From your standpoint I see what you mean and they are perfectly fine for your application, people that go for 600 rwhp+ and track proven results avoid them. Relatively speaking from what I have gathered.

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
Nemesis Racing knows what they are doing. Look at the the red car running bottom 9s. Probably going to perform well based on their R&D.
Well I hope so! I am ready to roll, their next opening is mid-April and I am stocking up parts. What red car? I know Shane has a TT C6Z that is fast and I have heard nothing but good about him. Another thing is that his pricing is great, way cheaper than other shops within 3-4 hours. VR was booked out for 2-3 months I heard and RPM is mid-May, I was not wanting to wait that long because I want to drive the car and enjoy. Not be worrying about the heads lol.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:26 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

"Mid range".... I have seen your car run out at Ennis!! Nothing mid range about it!! If I am not mistaken you have converted your M6 to a stalled auto.... Its a Bad B****

Originally Posted by Beach Bum
Deleted.... considering I do not run their product. Probably best not to say anything.

I will say, I run WCCH stage 2 heads.... they work great for my mid-range naturally aspirated application. No complaints.
The following users liked this post:
Beach Bum (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:51 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Mustang "Boy"... I actually "race" my corvettes and do quite well for what they are... If you were local, I could show you what an Ahole I am F2F.... While crushing your Mustang nuts on the track...
Regarding the other "member"... He's a known Douche ...
Looking forward to your next post about all of your ideas regarding your build. Between you spec ing your own cam to the Frankenstein heads, it should be a beast...

My apologies to the OP for side tracking the thread... I digress..

I called you the forum a-hole for good reason and was relaying what I was told about the heads. Which is completely obvious and if he reads my thread he will see why you were referred to as that. I am glad I crack you up, because you will crack up the many who browse this forum that come across the thread and see how you acted. Especially when you attacked another member as well, you were on fire that day.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:57 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Wes is running a built 434ci stroker in his C5Z... I don't think that MSD is compatible w the heads hes running... I could be wrong. Rest assured his car is plenty FAST and built right. There are quite a few C6Z's here in Dallas w some hurt feelings....

Speaking of hurt feelings... I am going to video me crushing him @ the WGF event next month so much so that he is going to want to sell that car...

Originally Posted by jayyyw
I have a Mamo ported MSD for sale if you want to find out!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:00 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by 0H8Z06
Mustang "Boy"... I actually "race" my corvettes and do quite well for what they are... If you were local, I could show you what an Ahole I am F2F.... While crushing your Mustang nuts on the track...
Regarding the other "member"... He's a known Douche ...
Looking forward to your next post about all of your ideas regarding your build. Between you spec ing your own cam to the Frankenstein heads, it should be a beast...

My apologies to the OP for side tracking the thread... I digress..
That is nice, once I am finished I will do some roll racing and half mile events. Sorry you have to look like an *** to talk to me. F2F? May God by with you.
The other member seemed like a nice guy and I have not seen any douchbaggery from him. If you have read I am not going that way.

Apologies for sidetracking a thread? You ruin every thread I am in, OP is getting his laugh in at you raging.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:31 AM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Wes is running a built 434ci stroker in his C5Z... I don't think that MSD is compatible w the heads hes running... I could be wrong. Rest assured his car is plenty FAST and built right. There are quite a few C6Z's here in Dallas w some hurt feelings....

Speaking of hurt feelings... I am going to video me crushing him @ the WGF event next month so much so that he is going to want to sell that car...

I'll take the wheels off, maybe that'll help you.
MSD will work on my heads, I just don't know that the pickup is going to be that much over my intake.
1000 plus dollars for about 20 horsepower...meh
Old 03-13-2018, 05:38 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Bro... I'll probably be replacing my FAST 102 before the WGF event. It has been ported by Mamo... I'll let you try it out if you want FREE!!!! If you like it, Tell me what its worth to you and that's what i'll take. Your'e a friend so i'll not try to rape you money wise.. Now, when we line up it will be a different story....
Give me a call and we can discuss...

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
I'll take the wheels off, maybe that'll help you.
MSD will work on my heads, I just don't know that the pickup is going to be that much over my intake.
1000 plus dollars for about 20 horsepower...meh
Old 03-13-2018, 06:15 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

"Mid range".... I have seen your car run out at Ennis!! Nothing mid range about it!! If I am not mistaken you have converted your M6 to a stalled auto.... Its a Bad B****
Thanks.

I mean mid-range or mild simply because its an all-motor set-up with a fairly mid-range mildish cam in it. (BTR stage 3 - .651/.630 - 238/250)

Quick Reply: Frankenstein Engineering Heads