Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Dennis Double D Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:19 AM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I worked with him 2 years ago and he was great! Gave me the best price I could find on my setup
Old 03-21-2018, 04:15 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Sad story - I was doing business with him as he went dark. I think I was one the last folks to deal with him...

He mentioned a "lot of stuff" was going on in his personal life, but he just blew it all up.

He had a huge fan base hear, and everyone was cutting him slack, and was reluctant to admit he was screwing up, sad to watch...
Old 03-21-2018, 07:34 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Skrilla
Even if your whole family died the same day that’s no excuse to take peoples money and not give anything in return . That’s a thief regardless of his situation . At the end of the day bussiness is business .
Old 03-23-2018, 12:51 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Skrilla
Even if your whole family died the same day that’s no excuse to take peoples money and not give anything in return . That’s a thief regardless of his situation . At the end of the day bussiness is business .

Name a single person who didn't get their goods or money back...... Lets here it...... If anyone were to claim that it would be a flat lie..

So yeah, Ive got the nerve to defend a man who was repeatedly **** on over and over in a time where a slight delay would have been more than understanding were the tables turned. Outside of the wagon circle in the scene you guys would be talking mad **** about he asshats who treated him this way..

It is what it is. Think what you want. I don't treat people that way in life.
The following 2 users liked this post by User Omega:
ElectricBluZ06 (05-04-2022), Pounder (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 11:43 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by User Omega
Name a single person who didn't get their goods or money back...... Lets here it...... If anyone were to claim that it would be a flat lie..

So yeah, Ive got the nerve to defend a man who was repeatedly **** on over and over in a time where a slight delay would have been more than understanding were the tables turned. Outside of the wagon circle in the scene you guys would be talking mad **** about he asshats who treated him this way..

It is what it is. Think what you want. I don't treat people that way in life.
And how would you know that unless you are actually Dennis? Why would anyone just make up a story that they were ripped off and post it here? He hasn't posted on this forum since last August but he was on here last month. There are numerous complaint threads about him. Why hasn't he rebutted any of them? He's not banned. He's not helping himself one bit by ignoring everyone. I ordered a leather wrapped center console/radio surround from him several years ago and received it promptly and am extremely happy with it so I got not complaints but it's hard to ignore all the negative feedback on this and other forums. I'd be more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's not easy to do that when he just vanished without a word.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by EVRose
And how would you know that unless you are actually Dennis? Why would anyone just make up a story that they were ripped off and post it here? He hasn't posted on this forum since last August but he was on here last month. There are numerous complaint threads about him. Why hasn't he rebutted any of them? He's not banned. He's not helping himself one bit by ignoring everyone. I ordered a leather wrapped center console/radio surround from him several years ago and received it promptly and am extremely happy with it so I got not complaints but it's hard to ignore all the negative feedback on this and other forums. I'd be more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's not easy to do that when he just vanished without a word.

I can't speak directly for him but if I were him I wouldn't see a reason to come here and argue.

As far as ripped off... There isn't a single person here who did not get their money back or eventually their product. If there are, why aren't they in here claiming it? Did he do some things wrong? Did he make mistakes? Sure. I think that part is obvious. Stealing from people? Get real...

Last edited by User Omega; 03-23-2018 at 02:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ElectricBluZ06 (05-04-2022)
Old 03-23-2018, 03:10 PM
EVRose
Race Director

I can't speak directly for him but if I were him I wouldn't see a reason to come here and argue.

As far as ripped off... There isn't a single person here who did not get their money back or eventually their product. If there are, why aren't they in here claiming it? Did he do some things wrong? Did he make mistakes? Sure. I think that part is obvious. Stealing from people? Get real...
Go back and read post #9.

Oh, and I posted this above but I guess you didn't click on it and read it.
Post #1, 4 and 6.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...3-dd-mods.html
Old 03-23-2018, 06:18 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Those people got their product or got their money back... Period..
The following users liked this post:
ElectricBluZ06 (05-04-2022)
Old 03-23-2018, 06:27 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Those people got their product or got their money back... Period..
Ok then! Thanks for clearing that up Dennis!
Old 03-23-2018, 06:54 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by EVRose
Ok then! Thanks for clearing that up Dennis!

Old 09-20-2018, 03:05 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Unfortunate for all involved as he was “THE Man” here for many years.

I considered taking a ride to Hazel Green for work, glad I saw this thread first…
Old 09-20-2018, 09:26 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

He just posted on here a couple days ago, someone blew him up, guy posted about having his zr1 done by him...
Old 09-20-2018, 11:07 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by psp6158
He just posted on here a couple days ago, someone blew him up, guy posted about having his zr1 done by him...
Dennis's last post was on 8/16/2017.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:30 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
Dennis's last post was on 8/16/2017.
Uh, don't want to argue, but he posted September 11, 2018. Im on my phone and don't know how to attach the thread so I to the topped it for you...
Old 09-21-2018, 09:10 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by psp6158
Uh, don't want to argue, but he posted September 11, 2018. Im on my phone and don't know how to attach the thread so I to the topped it for you...
We are not arguing, just having a friendly discussion. But I do want to say that I'm a little confused. I searched, and here is the thread you bumped up.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-6-and-c7.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the title of the thread we are posting in is "Dennis Double D Mods". Dennis was the forum audio guy before his business ran into trouble and then left a lot of forum members who paid for orders looking for their stuff. Are we talking about the same guy? The thread you bumped up has to do with Chuck Cow who is the engine tuning guy. Unless there was some posts deleted?
Old 09-26-2018, 12:21 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default How did I get in here???

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
We are not arguing, just having a friendly discussion. But I do want to say that I'm a little confused. I searched, and here is the thread you bumped up.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-6-and-c7.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the title of the thread we are posting in is "Dennis Double D Mods". Dennis was the forum audio guy before his business ran into trouble and then left a lot of forum members who paid for orders looking for their stuff. Are we talking about the same guy? The thread you bumped up has to do with Chuck Cow who is the engine tuning guy. Unless there was some posts deleted?
How did I get in here???

Chuck CoW
Old 09-26-2018, 02:12 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
How did I get in here???

Chuck CoW
Any press is good press.

As long as they spell your name right!

Get notified of new replies

To Dennis Double D Mods

Old 09-26-2018, 05:57 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
How did I get in here???

Chuck CoW
Chuck, you got a free bump! We were discussing Dennis and his last post on the forum, and someone bumped up your thread to prove a point and then realized we were talking about different forum vendors. It’s all good, we got it cleared up, sorry for any confusion.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

He is a great guy who performed services related to audio video/appearance. I had spoken with him shortly after the fallout began....

He had some family health issues that came up. They were out of his control and hit him very hard... I don't think he was emotionally stable at that time and neither would I have been. People were attacking him and calling him a liar over the dumbest little ****... Like extended wait times.

For obvious reasons, he took things very personal over it and decided to cut ties with the forum and in the process decided to make a few bad people chase their money/goods.
It may not have been professional but I understood it..

I suppose the moral to the story is that you really shouldn't assume things and should never kick a person when they are down. I was extremely disappointed after reading some of the bandwagon hate posts that were made.

Now we have lost an extremely valuable resource and vendor. To those of you who participated in the circling of the wagons.... Shame on you

Shame on you for sticking up for that piece of ****. He kept pushing **** back a month. Then two, the 3. He kept making excuses. My favorite excuse was that he couldn't get the paint to dry because of the humidity in his shop. He wouldn't answer calls and ignored me. He always had an excuse. He also had a major attitude problem. I dont care what he was going through, we all go through some **** at some point in our life, not an excuse for the way he conducted business with me and others. **** that guy.

He promised me March, I finally got it in August. I had to fight to get him off his lazy *** and get it done. Then I had to fight to get my core charge for my stock bezel. The new bezel fits like **** and he didnt even use the pieces we agreed on.

It's amazing how nice and helpful he was before he got my money.

Good riddance.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:31 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Podium
Shame on you for sticking up for that piece of ****. He kept pushing **** back a month. Then two, the 3. He kept making excuses. My favorite excuse was that he couldn't get the paint to dry because of the humidity in his shop. He wouldn't answer calls and ignored me. He always had an excuse. He also had a major attitude problem. I dont care what he was going through, we all go through some **** at some point in our life, not an excuse for the way he conducted business with me and others. **** that guy.

He promised me March, I finally got it in August. I had to fight to get him off his lazy *** and get it done. Then I had to fight to get my core charge for my stock bezel. The new bezel fits like **** and he didnt even use the pieces we agreed on.

It's amazing how nice and helpful he was before he got my money.

Good riddance.

I would love for you to post the emails over this deal. Don't forget any.

Quick Reply: Dennis Double D Mods