Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

AHP Turn Key LS7 Crate Engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:07 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Default AHP Turn Key LS7 Crate Engines

American Heritage Performance (a.k.a. AHP)

Now offering Full Turn Key LS7 engines.

The Perfect drop in Engine for Any C6z06, C6, C5, Camaro or anyone whose looking for a top of the line Fully Forged LS7 Hand built by the country's Premier LS7 shop.
https://www.americanheritageperforma...omplete-engine

New LS7 GM Block

Forged AHP/Eagle Crankshaft (built by Eagle to our specs)
Forged Eagle Connecting Rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts
CP Forged High Performance Pistons
AHP High Precision Balancing
Coated High Performance Engine Bearings

Choice of Camshaft (AHP or BTR)

Order Just a Short Block or a Complete LS7 Long Block (w/AHP Package 4 Heads)

World Wide Shipping with Full Insurance
Crated up and Ready to Ship Out

Order Online:
Or
By giving us a call:
310-326-2399
Or
HP@americanheritageperformance.com

Feel free to reply with any questions or for any additional information

https://www.americanheritageperformance.com/

Last edited by American Heritage; 07-10-2018 at 04:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by American Heritage:
pdc001 (07-10-2018), Pounder (07-11-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,095 Likes on 578 Posts

Just out of curiosity, I know a lot of engine builders that won't touch anything Eagle. An internet search shows quite a few forged 4340 Eagle cranks that have busted in half (usually next to a counter-balance) after moderate WOT runs. Your thoughts on the subject?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:29 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Undy
Just out of curiosity, I know a lot of engine builders that won't touch anything Eagle. An internet search shows quite a few forged 4340 Eagle cranks that have busted in half (usually next to a counter-balance) after moderate WOT runs. Your thoughts on the subject?
Are you kidding... You can say the same thing about a google search for a scat Crank, Calies Crank and even a Lunati Crank.
We have been building all our Forged engines with Eagle Cranks for the last 6+ years without a single issues or failure (and we are talking hundreds of engines over the last 6 years).
Eagle makes some of the best stuff on the market.

By the way we put Eagle cranks in our 1100rwhp 20lbs boost LSA street race engines, We put Eagle Cranks in our Trans AM 3 Spec Class engines, We put Eagle Cranks in our all our Forged Engines and they all get beat on WAY HARDER than just "moderate WOT runs"... Try hours and hours of WOT with heavy abuse WITHOUT ONCE SINGLE ISSUE. We have been building our engines this way for over 6 years.

We build with Eagle because we have confidence in their products and our knowledge and past experience.
We beat the tar out of our Eagle Stuff over the years with great results. We have Track Cars all over the united states running our Forged Engines Daily under sever conditions. You can have confidence in our forged rotating assembly's.

We fully stand behind every single Engine We sell.

Buy with Confidence:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/american-he...ce-harbor-city

Last edited by American Heritage; 07-10-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Undy
I've used Eagle cranks and rods on and off over the past twenty years or so. Mostly for the guys on tight budgets, living pay check to pay check. They're certainly not Sonny Bryant or Callies quality, but none have failed - knock on wood. I do however stress the importance of keeping power levels where I build the engine to take. Disclaimer: I have not bought Eagle products recently though (within the last five years). Scat, on the other hand, I rejected and sent back the only set of rods I tried. It would have taken me forever to balance them, so I sent them back and never tried their stuff again.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:26 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

JMO but for the cost I'd like to see better crank and rods offered even if as an option.
The following users liked this post:
Brandon619 (08-26-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 06:36 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,095 Likes on 578 Posts

Sorry, not intending to undermine AHP's offering... In the "high dollar" Ford FE world Eagle has become something to stay clear of. I'm not knowledgeable about Eagle in the LS world. That's why I asked the question. I was not intending to question anyone's integrity in this.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:58 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

One of our brand new Forged LS7 crate engines installed right here in house at American Heritage Performance.

Please don't mind the construction in the background we are finishing off our New Engine Dyno Test Cell as well as expanding our engine clean room.
We also just recently added a chassis dyno to our shops arsenal but are still building the chassis unit out as well:

https://www.americanheritageperforma...roducts/engine
310-326-2399
or
HP@americanheritageperformance.com

Last edited by American Heritage; 07-18-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:33 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Wanted to follow up with this thread now that we had some time to reply.

Regarding the above negative feedback on the Forged Eagle Crankshafts as posted above by some other forum members.

First I woudl like to state that we purchase Forged Eagle Crankshafts and Rods because we prefer them to the other brands on the market. We have purchased them all, Cali's, Scat, Lunati and our personal preference from year and years of building engines professionally is EAGLE Forged products. We like Eagle because they use top of the line products, have great customer service and FULLY STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING THEY SELL THE SAME WAY WE DO!!!
Eagle Forged Crankshafts and Forged Rods are top of the line products on par with any of the best manufactures of Forged Cranks and Rods any where in the world.
Eagle is one of if not the oldest Forged Crankshaft manufacture in the world.
Some of the bad feedback you will read about eagle on other forums (FE forum as mentioned above) is due to the fact that eagle is one of the only aftermarket crankshaft manufactures that also makes cast crank. Cast Cranks are no where near as strong as forged cranks and in the correct situation with a big belt driven supercharger and 1000+ rwhp you can for sure snap a cast crank.... With that said you will NOT snap a Forged Crank. Any report you have ever heard or read about an Eagle crank breaking has never been fully verified. What I mean is that in any instance like that the manufacture will request the product back for failure analysis. Eagle has never received a single one of the alleged broken cranks back for failure analysis despite repeatedly asking the person to return it for failure analysis and even going as far as to offer to pay for freight both ways so they can do a full inspection... If you broke a crank and the manufacture said "no problem send it back so we can analysis it and determine the failure and we will replace it for you" most would send back the crank in questions but EAgle has not received any of these back. Highly likely that the reports of a filed crank were either false or done under improper or incorrect circumstances.

Some Fun Eagle Facts:
Eagles Forged Crankshafts are made out of 4340 Steel. All 4340 steel has certain property's it must contain in certain amounts to make it 4340 steel (if it does have those propertys it would not be 4340).
Ever wondered what material is in Forged 4340 steel that makes it so tough??? Its Nickle. Nickle is the main alloy in Forged 4340 that makes it so tough. All 4340 has a high end and low end (high quiality and low quiality). This is detemrined by the amount of Nickle in the 4340. The low end of 4340 has 1.65% nickle. The high end of 4340 has 2% nickle. That is a 20% differnace in Nickle/touchness from the low end to the high end of 4340. Alot if not most forged 4340 crankshaft manufactures use the low end of the scale (1.65% nickle content). They do this for the obviouse reason of saving money at the expense of the end user. We have already mentioned a few of the other manufactures in this thread that use the lower end of the nickle content to make their forged cranks. Eagle only uses the high end (2% nickle) to make their cranks. Every single eagle Forged LS7 4340 crank has 2% nickle. This is the same nickle content that for example a high end US made Lunati 4340 will have. What does this mean? It means that any Forged crank like Eagles that use 2% nickle content is superior or stronger to any other 4340 forged crank that is using less than 2% nickle (no 4340 is over 2% nickle or it woudl not be 4340).
Eagles 4340 cranks are not only As strong but in many cases are much stronger (20%) stronger than many of the other well knows forged cranks on the market.

Eagle has 650,000 forged cranks sold and in circulation. Let me say that again EAGLE has Sold 650,000 forged crankshafts.... How many of those 650,000 forged cranksahfts have you ever heard of having an issues..... Perosnlaly we have not heard of a single one. Not a bad track record 650,000 forged cranks with very little to no negative feedback. Eagle makes some of the best Forged 4340 crankshafts in the world

Eagle has over 1 million sets of Forged Rods.... Over 1 million forged Eagle Rods in Circulation/sold!!! Thats a lot of connecting rods... How many have you ever hear have issues due to the rod or the rod design (not user or engine assembler error)... Peronally we have not heard of any . Not a bad track record... Over 1 million cranks with little to no issues.

Why do we use Eagle vs other brands:
All Eagle 4340 crankshafts are on the high end of 4340 with 2% nickle content (stronger).
Eagle does all their machine work in house right here in the united states (yes they are rough forged overseas just like scat, cali, lunati) but unlike some of those just mentioned Eagle does all their own finish work right here in the United States of America!
Eagle fully stands behind everything they sell and offer great tech support if you need it. We only do business with companies like ourselves who fully stand behind everything they sell!

American Heritage Performance has a great reputation over the last 6 years of building some of the most bulletproof LS engines money can buy. We fully stand behind everything we sell and would never sell anyone anything but the best that they need for their application.
Have confidence in our name/reputation and the fact that we could purchase any crankshafts/rods for our forged LS7 builds but we choose Eagle because they are hands down the best forged crankshaft and forged Rod combination for ANY LS7.

We fully stand behind every engine we sell and we have 20-30 of these forged LS7's in operation all over the world running as strong today as the day they were built.

Check out our reviews:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/american-he...ce-harbor-city
The following users liked this post:
71HO454 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 07:34 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 427V8BB

my engine builder keeps telling to stay away from the forums cause people just talk.

Anyway way what do you think of scat?
It is a public open forum so all are entitled to their own opinon and as we know humans vary vastly on opinions....

Have built with scat a few times years ago and was not really a fan. Felt their quality cintrol was lacking and noticed several inconsistancys from crank to crank.
Another big reason we like Eagle forged cranks and rods so much is their quality control and thier constant consotancy from product to product.

Last edited by American Heritage; 07-27-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:50 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Another AHP Forged LS7 on its way to another Happy Customer:

If your looking to upgrade or replace your LS7 for whatever reason these Turn Key Crate AHP Forged LS7's are a great option
310-326-2399
Old 08-25-2018, 11:07 AM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Having my C5 shipped across the country to AHP as we speak and could not be more thrilled at the prospect of Jake and Kohle build my LS3 based 434.....

That is all.

Last edited by Mirek; 08-25-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:25 PM
NVNO1
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Another AHP Forged LS7 on its way to another Happy Customer:

If your looking to upgrade or replace your LS7 for whatever reason these Turn Key Crate AHP Forged LS7's are a great option
Thats my motor!!! Going in tomorrow
310-326-2399
Old 08-26-2018, 01:16 PM
brentsz06
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 64 Posts

How much power are you guys seeing with these builds? My concern would be the thickness of the cylinder walls as that seems to be one of the main weaknesses of the ls7.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:23 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by brentsz06
How much power are you guys seeing with these builds? My concern would be the thickness of the cylinder walls as that seems to be one of the main weaknesses of the ls7.
Anywhere from 628HP all the way up to 730HP depending on the way the customer specs the build.

We have run LS7's all the way up to 800HP without any issues to the Cylinder Liners or Block.
From what we have seen in our years and years of LS7 experience its not the Stock GM LS7 sleeves that give the stock GM LS7 bottom end a a questionable wrap when it come to making big power but the Stock GM LS7 piston top ring gap (small gap) which with to much power/heat butts together and takes out the pistons/block/liners, etc...

For an N/A build nothing wrong at all with the stock GM LS7 sleeves. Now if your planning on going boosted we have a Killer 434ci Darton Sleeved LS3 Crate Engine available as mentioned by Mirek above.

Last edited by American Heritage; 08-27-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Looking forward to wringing it out Kohle.....car should arrive at AHP via closed carrier this week
I must say the entire shop was quite impressive. Both the assembled engines ready to rock and the various badass vette's currently under the knife.
Thanks for showing me around as busy as you guys are....I cannot wait to try out that new engine dyno when the build is complete !
Old 08-28-2018, 01:29 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mirek
Looking forward to wringing it out Kohle.....car should arrive at AHP via closed carrier this week
I must say the entire shop was quite impressive. Both the assembled engines ready to rock and the various badass vette's currently under the knife.
Thanks for showing me around as busy as you guys are....I cannot wait to try out that new engine dyno when the build is complete !
Thanks Jeff, It was great meeting you the other day as well and thanks for taking the time to stop by talk.

We should have our in house engine dyno up and running in the next month or so. Right now we are renting time on another local 902 engine dyno:

Old 09-04-2018, 02:23 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Another AHP LS7 Crate Engine on its way to another Customer on the East Coast

Old 09-04-2018, 02:50 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

what do you think about billet cranks being better than forged ones? (btw, dont confuse strong and tough in your posts.)
Old 09-07-2018, 02:30 AM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by romandian
what do you think about billet cranks being better than forged ones? (btw, dont confuse strong and tough in your posts.)
The main reason for going with a Billet crank is you need something that is not available from a forging. Different Journal sizes, different strokes, different counterweights, etc.... Something that a manufactures raw forging will not accommodate or if you want a special material.

The Process of forging the material actually improves the strength of the part if utilized properly. Two identical cranks, one forged, the other billet. The forged one will be at least as strong if not stronger.

Get notified of new replies

To AHP Turn Key LS7 Crate Engines

Quick Reply: AHP Turn Key LS7 Crate Engines