Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

A question on HP ratings

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 02:57 PM
bobandc
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default A question on HP ratings

I've been reading threads on heads and HP. I believe the zo6 is rated at 505 HP and that is at the crank, so that would be roughly 430 at the rear wheels. Is that correct?

With the threads that I am seeing that are in the 600 HP range with heads/headers/exhaust/porting/cam, is that crank HP? I would think that is the case but want to confirm as I am a bit confused. If so, then that would mean roughly 510 rear wheel?

TIA,

Bob
Old 07-14-2018, 03:16 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Originally Posted by bobandc
I've been reading threads on heads and HP. I believe the zo6 is rated at 505 HP and that is at the crank, so that would be roughly 430 at the rear wheels. Is that correct?

With the threads that I am seeing that are in the 600 HP range with heads/headers/exhaust/porting/cam, is that crank HP? I would think that is the case but want to confirm as I am a bit confused. If so, then that would mean roughly 510 rear wheel?

TIA,

Bob
When you see dyno charts posted here, they are posting the horsepower at the wheels. So if you see a dyno that shows 600hp SAE with smoothing 5 then it is AT THE WHEELS (not at the crank/engine) and is a solid representation of what the car is producing. Which would be roughly 700 crank hp assuming ~15% driveline loss. Most C6Z dyno around 430 - 440whp stock. Ultimately though, what matters is how much hp is gained from doing a modification. So before/after results are important.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:59 AM
bobandc
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you,
bob

Get notified of new replies

To A question on HP ratings

Quick Reply: A question on HP ratings