Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

What the **** !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 04:57 AM
foxie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the **** !!!!!

Having just gotten round to changing the stock clutch, which has been very good at handling the extra Lingenfelter HP, apart form the high RPM no pedal return, due to the release bearing support failure (yes that piece of plastic in a very harsh environment !!!) There is, as many of you know, lots of things to disconnect, move and remove before you can even get to it.

Well, having drained the oil, I disconnected the flow and return oil pipes at the sump. As i did, there were two distinct clunks in the pan that the oil was draining into. Having poked around in the oil I found two pieces of what seem to be rough aluminum casting, as they are not magnetic and shine up on a grinding wheel. The smaller piece got destroyed trying to establish what it was made of. the bigger piece, shown, is as it fell into the pan. WHAT THE **** The car has never shown any abnormal oil pressure readings but guess it depends where the reading is taken.

I can only think the two pieces broke off during the casting / cleaning process

Any thoughts or comments appreciated

Old 09-21-2018, 11:14 AM
C6Z06Silverbullet
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by foxie
Having just gotten round to changing the stock clutch, which has been very good at handling the extra Lingenfelter HP, apart form the high RPM no pedal return, due to the release bearing support failure (yes that piece of plastic in a very harsh environment !!!) There is, as many of you know, lots of things to disconnect, move and remove before you can even get to it.

Well, having drained the oil, I disconnected the flow and return oil pipes at the sump. As i did, there were two distinct clunks in the pan that the oil was draining into. Having poked around in the oil I found two pieces of what seem to be rough aluminum casting, as they are not magnetic and shine up on a grinding wheel. The smaller piece got destroyed trying to establish what it was made of. the bigger piece, shown, is as it fell into the pan. WHAT THE **** The car has never shown any abnormal oil pressure readings but guess it depends where the reading is taken.

I can only think the two pieces broke off during the casting / cleaning process

Any thoughts or comments appreciated

I thought i had bad luck! That's really weird. Hard to tell what it is or what its from. At least you got it out. Hopefully you have no damage.

Quick Reply: What the **** !!!!!