Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:29 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss2z06
Seeing that you have several map faults and the car has been apart if you know the tune is correct double check your map sensors. It’s very easy to have them in the wrong spots.
If checked them and all of them are in the right place. The only sensor that I did not found with the car was the MAP sensor from the air intake box. But I bought that one NEW from GM.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:30 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Make sure you have this MAP sensor for your LS9 engine ... If not, it won't run

ACDelco 12592525
It does have that one with that nr and everything. The DSX plugs into it.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:31 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by veech
Mine did the same with large injectors on stock tune
Gonna have to check if I have stock or larger injectors than bro
Old 01-13-2019, 11:50 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I know my first comment was a bit drawn out but I think I should comment again.
Imo you probably arent looking for a single issue. Even if you get this particular issue figured out I'm betting there is a half dozen issues you will need to address before you get to your burnout bonanza.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:28 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I know my first comment was a bit drawn out but I think I should comment again.
Imo you probably arent looking for a single issue. Even if you get this particular issue figured out I'm betting there is a half dozen issues you will need to address before you get to your burnout bonanza.
Well I think if I can put all the missing parts together I will be running fine. Because once the ecm is programmed for all those parts that im missing. It should be work properly.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:07 PM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JonathanZr1
Well I think if I can put all the missing parts together I will be running fine. Because once the ecm is programmed for all those parts that im missing. It should be work properly.
Even in theory this is still only partially true. Best of luck. Keep us up to date.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:18 AM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

I would get a factory service manual, remove the aftermarket electronic parts and load a stock tune. Then get the car running and tuned before putting the DSX stuff back on.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:22 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Even in theory this is still only partially true. Best of luck. Keep us up to date.
Will update if I have any news! Thx bro
Old 01-15-2019, 08:29 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by exracer28
I would get a factory service manual, remove the aftermarket electronic parts and load a stock tune. Then get the car running and tuned before putting the DSX stuff back on.
That's a good idea too! But I assume I have a cam too. Does it will run properly with a stock tune?
Old 01-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Off topic from the engine problems, but the car had a stock size gates HD belt on it. They cut a rib off to run the HD belt. If it has a 14%OD ATI lower then it most likely had a 2.35 upper and has a 76mm idler on the drivers side. I would double check the belt fit.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:24 PM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

What I see is you have a car that has unknown modifications that does not run correctly. For me it is easier to get to a known documented configuration and that is stock as in the service manual. The example of the black wire that is not connected could be a ground but without documentation it is a guess where it should be connected and electronics don't like guessing. A stock tune and an aftermarket cam may or may not play well together but to find out if the cam is stock you have to look at rear of the cam where most of them are marked. I suggest getting to a known baseline before adding modifications.

Last edited by exracer28; 01-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

What I see is you have a car that has unknown modifications that does not run correctly. For me it is easier to get to a known documented configuration and that is stock as in the service manual. The example of the black wire that is not connected could be a ground but without documentation it is a guess where it should be connected and electronics don't like guessing. A stock tune and an aftermarket cam may or may not play well together but to find out if the cam is stock you have to look at rear of the cam where most of them are marked. I suggest getting to a known baseline before adding modifications.
that wire is for the DSX flex fuel sensor. But your points are still valid.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:06 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bigjsn250
Off topic from the engine problems, but the car had a stock size gates HD belt on it. They cut a rib off to run the HD belt. If it has a 14%OD ATI lower then it most likely had a 2.35 upper and has a 76mm idler on the drivers side. I would double check the belt fit.
When the car came it had a stock pulley but a different belt that will not fit on the engine. It was K120842HD belt. I had to buy this one on Lingenlfelter 11PK2185 belt. So I guess that it had a pulley and they put back on the stock one. I don't know why the previous owner had to do something like this.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:12 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

that wire is for the DSX flex fuel sensor. But your points are still valid.
The black wire is for the flex fuel sensor. Yes I think i'm just gonna take the cam out and retune the car. I will wait till when I put the flex fuel sensor see what happens. Just another question if my fuel tank has E85 in it and I put gas (Super) in it does it do something to the engine?
Old 01-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Originally Posted by JonathanZr1
When the car came it had a stock pulley but a different belt that will not fit on the engine. It was K120842HD belt. I had to buy this one on Lingenlfelter 11PK2185 belt. So I guess that it had a pulley and they put back on the stock one. I don't know why the previous owner had to do something like this.
makes sense. I bet it has a 76 mm idler on the drivers side. 2.35 upper/14% lower with two 76 mm idlers fits a stock size belt. Increase the pulley from 2.35 to stock 3.1 and you would need 3/4 to inch bigger belt.

Your best bet bet is to spent 5-600 on HP tuners pro. Grab the tune off the car and send it to a tuner here in the States to look at.

I would also take pictures of the engine bay from many angles and post on here.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:45 PM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

makes sense. I bet it has a 76 mm idler on the drivers side. 2.35 upper/14% lower with two 76 mm idlers fits a stock size belt. Increase the pulley from 2.35 to stock 3.1 and you would need 3/4 to inch bigger belt.

Your best bet bet is to spent 5-600 on HP tuners pro. Grab the tune off the car and send it to a tuner here in the States to look at.

I would also take pictures of the engine bay from many angles and post on here.
When I get home tonight I will send some pics off the engine. I will look for some other pics that I had before of the engine to. How do I grab that tune off my car? And if so I will honestly send it to the States. Don't know who yet but the States is always better than here. U have Instagram or Fb?
Thx for your time bro
Old 01-15-2019, 04:04 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

No problem. You buy the HP tuners software, load it on your computer, then connect the interface to your car and it will copy the tune. You save that, then you can post a copy of the tune. If we as a group can’t figure it out then you could pay for a tuner to look at it. It’s money well spent because it’s the way will you makes changes to the car as you add mods. Once you get a baseline any decent tuner can remote tune your car. I recommend Greg at Kong Performance.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Issue wont rev up!

Old 01-16-2019, 10:50 AM
JonathanZr1
Advanced

No problem. You buy the HP tuners software, load it on your computer, then connect the interface to your car and it will copy the tune. You save that, then you can post a copy of the tune. If we as a group can’t figure it out then you could pay for a tuner to look at it. It’s money well spent because it’s the way will you makes changes to the car as you add mods. Once you get a baseline any decent tuner can remote tune your car. I recommend Greg at Kong Performance.
Ok, yes I did contact Greg already. Because the car had a sticker form kong performance on it and I thought that he will remember or keeps a file of the car that he tuned but turn out that he don't. So I have been talking to him for long already. The car had a kong tank too. So I bought that too again.

Here are the pics of my engine.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:04 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

So that lid has been on/off a bunch, as have a bunch of items on that motor, including the valve covers. If you have not had the lid off yourself, pull it and make sure the bricks have been reinforced. Also, if you have not done so already do a compression and leak down test. I would not be surprised if the blower was ported already. Other questions, how many miles are on it, whats the VIN and if you don't mind saying what did you pay for it?
Old 01-16-2019, 01:33 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm assuming that from the early description by the OP that the engine consistently dies/stalls at about 2000rpm.
Sorry if I missed the answer to this question, but have you watched what the supercharger pressure gauge does at the moment the engine stops? Or can you distinguish between cause and effect at that point? I mean that it may be that engine dies because of there being no pressure, or, it could mean that the engine died and the result is the supercharger stops putting out???

When the engine dies, does it cough/sputter, or does it sound like there is a vacuum leak at that point, or any point?

Nick

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 Issue wont rev up!