Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Race Ramps - anyone use them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 01:40 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Race Ramps - anyone use them?

I have not measured yet but thinking the 67" are needed vs the 56", but wondering if the Xtender pcs are needed due to the longer CF spoiler. Anyone?
Old 02-16-2019, 03:08 PM
toy4speed
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We use the TR9-flp model, 2 piece each side, 95" long, to enter into our enclosed car trailer. Had to go extra long because our C6Z is very lowered, with a ZR1 front lip, it is inches off the ground. Need to study the angle in degrees of each model, and figure in height of your front lip off the ground. Better too low a ramp than too high!
fyi, I love my race ramps, but gotta be careful in their use. Not indestructible. Had to fill and patch some holes and cracks in mine from bouncing around in my trailer one time they got loose.
Never leave car on the ramps longer than needed to load onto a trailer. Had mine for 4 yrs now, still pretty happy with them.

**edit: just realized the question was regarding the Race Ramps for car servicing! Sorry, ignore my trailer Race Ramp reply!

Last edited by toy4speed; 02-16-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-16-2019, 04:40 PM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
I have not measured yet but thinking the 67" are needed vs the 56", but wondering if the Xtender pcs are needed due to the longer CF spoiler. Anyone?
I have the 67 inch ones, but my GS would not go on them, too steep, got hung up on them. I needed the extenders and with those works fine. I also got the 10 inch high rear cradles, now can elevate the whole car.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:58 PM
keeso6z
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

I recently bought the 72" Race Ramps and they worked perfect for my C6 Z oil change. The shorter ramps are going to be to steep of an angle and the front splitter will drag. You will still likely need the Race Ramp track jacks to get the rear wheels up 3". I positioned the car with the rear wheels just inside the garage where there is a 1.5" slab height over the driveway and the driveway slopes down. The car looked pretty close to level after that. If you don't have that option, then you will need a low profile jack and some jacks stands to get the rear end up and level the car out. With one of the oil sump drain bolts on the front of the sump, without the car being level, all the oil won't drain out.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:43 PM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

Had the 67" models with the extenders and it was fine. However, as others said, you won't clear without the extenders to reduce the angle.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:04 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

If you do get Race Ramps, get the extenders right off the bat. I went with I believe their 67" set because it was tallest and the approach angle was too steep even at stock ride height.

I refused to buy the extenders and just went with wood planks to decrease the approach angle. But once it clears the first few inches, it's all good.

And once the car is up on my Race Ramps, I use those planks of wood (plus 2 more) as a safety measure under the rear wheels (totaling 8" safety height) while my jack stands reinforce safety in the front and the floor jack provides any necessary lift in the rear.

Got my Race Ramps on sale from Fred at Reverse Logic and a pair of ESCO 10498 Jack Stands at the same time. Wish I had bought all four.

Good luck.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 02-18-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Race Ramps - anyone use them?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Race Ramps - anyone use them?