Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] VIN Check

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:13 AM
bjohn
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Default VIN Check

Hey guys,

Just hoping someone might have access to checking the VIN on a Z06 I'm buying next weekend. Sold my coupe last fall and am upgrading to a Z06. Just want to do all the research possible on the car first.

Looking specifically for accident history/outstanding or completed recalls etc.

1G1YY26E865126721

*shakes tin cup*

Thank you!

Last edited by bjohn; 04-14-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:34 AM
spartan8270
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Here ya go
The following 2 users liked this post by spartan8270:
bjohn (04-14-2019), Landru (04-15-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 12:17 PM
joshp14
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

No open recalls. All have been completed. All warranties and special coverage's have expired. The only warranty transaction history recorded is recalls. No other warranty work was done.

Vehicle Build

Model: 1YY87-2006 CORVETTE Z06 2 DOOR
Order Number: JZVFVH
Gross Vehicle Weight: 1,633
Build Date: 04/26/2006
Build Plant: 5
Option Codes

193 - EBONY
19I - BLACK INTERIOR TRIM
1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS
2LZ - 2LZ PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE MEMORY PACKAGE AUTO DIMMING ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS & DRIVER OSRV MIRROR HEATED SEATS RDS AM/FM STEREO W/6-DISC IN DASH CD W/MP3 PLAYBACK, BOSE PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYSTEM XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL. (REPLACES STD/OPT/PKG RADIO) PWR TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL AIR BAGS, FRONTAL & SIDE IMPACT, DRIVER & PASSENGER LUGGAGE SHADE & PARCEL NET
41U - BLACK
AAB - MEMORY PACKAGE
AJ7 - AIR BAGS, FRONTAL & SIDE IMPACT, DRIVER & PASSENGER
AQ9 - ADJUSTABLE SPORT BUCKET SEATS WITH LEATHER TRIMMED SEATING SURFACES
BGR - BOWLING GREEN PLANTCJ2 - AIR CONDITIONING-ELECTRONIC DUAL ZONE
D42 - LUGGAGE SHADE & PARCEL NET
DD0 - ELECTROCHROMIC MIRRORS INSIDE REAR & LEFT OUTSIDE REAR
DD8 - OSRV
DL5 - ROADSIDE SERVICE INFORMATION DECAL
FE4 - Z06 SUSPENSION
GU6 - REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
IL3 - TRIM INTERIOR DESIGN-AQ9
J56 - BRAKE SYSTEM POWER
JL5 - CONTROL MANUAL TRANS, 1ST TO 4TH GEAR SKIP SHIFT
K63 - 110 AMP GENERATOR
KA1 - HEATED SEATS
LS7 - 7.0 LITER SFI V8 - 505 HP
MM6 - 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
MN6 - 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
N37 - STEERING: POWER TELESCOPING& MANUAL TILT STEERING COLUMN
NK4 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
NU4 - CAL EMISSION SYSTEM, LEV2 PLUS
QL9 - Z06 POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
R6P - PREMIUM PAINT
R8K - *******************************
R9N - LEATHER SEAT TRIM
SLM - STOCK ORDERS
U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
U3U - AM/FM CD WITH DVD NAVIGATION, INCLUDES TWO FREE MAP UPDATES (REPLACES 6-DISC IN DASH CD W/SINGLE DISC CD)
U52 - ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION
U65 - SPEAKER SYSTEM 7, PREMIUM
UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
UJ9 - LOW TIRE PRESS. INDICATOR
US3 - ANTENNA DIVERSITY
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA
VDD - VEHICLE INFORMATION DVD
VG6 - NOTICE TO BUYER LABEL - 5 MPH BUMPER IMPACT, CALIFORNIA
VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
XFA - FRONT TIRE - P275/35ZR18
YF5 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS
YFJ - TIRE REAR P325/30ZR19 BW

Last edited by joshp14; 04-14-2019 at 12:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by joshp14:
bjohn (04-14-2019), Landru (04-15-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 07:39 PM
bjohn
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. Looked at the car yesterday and.....

To keep a long story short, the new ride had a big problem. Crank pulley bolt backed out, crank pulley was loose and banging on the steering rack. Happened a day before I was to meet him and pick it up.

P.O. thought it needed an alternator. Service charging system indicator on... Voltage gauge reading low. Makes sense right? So he goes and buys one after work yesterday, installs it before we get there and it's now making a horrific noise and not charging. Taking the tension off of the pulley by loosening the belt must have made it come off?... I presume the belt or pulley was slipping before replacing the belt.

He though that somehow he got a bad remanned alternator. Sounded unlikely which was true lol.

The second alternator installed while I was there looking the car over. Car is super nice, seems legit. I noticed the crank pulley moving when we were lining the belt up and sure enough. He starts it and the sucker makes the same godawful noise.

He's going to fix it and inspect the crank snout. It has a factory dampener and an ARP bolt. 3K miles on a major engine build.... Stuff happens. I don't think he knew it was bad.

It has an ERL 427 dry sleeved block/AI 280cc heads. Rpm B-3 cam etc. Built car with a big issue. There's no way he could have known it was the crank pulley, and had me drive three hours to look at a car that was undrivable, let alone think I would make it a mile down the road.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:49 AM
c05v3tt3
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bjohn
Thanks for the info guys. Looked at the car yesterday and.....

To keep a long story short, the new ride had a big problem. Crank pulley bolt backed out, crank pulley was loose and banging on the steering rack. Happened a day before I was to meet him and pick it up.

P.O. thought it needed an alternator. Service charging system indicator on... Voltage gauge reading low. Makes sense right? So he goes and buys one after work yesterday, installs it before we get there and it's now making a horrific noise and not charging. Taking the tension off of the pulley by loosening the belt must have made it come off?... I presume the belt or pulley was slipping before replacing the belt.

He though that somehow he got a bad remanned alternator. Sounded unlikely which was true lol.

The second alternator installed while I was there looking the car over. Car is super nice, seems legit. I noticed the crank pulley moving when we were lining the belt up and sure enough. He starts it and the sucker makes the same godawful noise.

He's going to fix it and inspect the crank snout. It has a factory dampener and an ARP bolt. 3K miles on a major engine build.... Stuff happens. I don't think he knew it was bad.

It has an ERL 427 dry sleeved block/AI 280cc heads. Rpm B-3 cam etc. Built car with a big issue. There's no way he could have known it was the crank pulley, and had me drive three hours to look at a car that was undrivable, let alone think I would make it a mile down the road.
So are you passing on the car?

Get notified of new replies

To VIN Check

Quick Reply: [Z06] VIN Check