Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Weird cut throttle cut off while driving then fine Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 03:34 PM
J02ws6transam
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Weird cut throttle cut off while driving then fine Please help

Hey guys, I have a 07 z06 I have had for about 2 years. It has 20k miles on it. I drove the car last year no issues at all. about 1 month ago i installed a magnuson supercharger on the car. Install went well and it runs great. 2 weeks ago i installed a new clutch in the car. No issues their either. The last 3 days of driving I noticed a very weird issue I am having with th car. It has done this 4-5 times in the last 5 times i have driven the car. Probably about 100 mile total. While I am driving the car, its like the throttle cuts out for 1-2 seconds. The car does not stall, its like you take your foot off the gas, then after 1-2 second its perfectly fine like it never happened. No check engine light or anything. When this happens, I can put my foot to the floor and noting happens at all. Like as it someone unplugged the throttle body motor. I push the clutch in, hit the gas a few times and then its fine and back to normal. Once did it while i as accelerating from a stop, and the other times i was just cruising in 5th gear maybe 15000rpms. I unplugged the throttle body and cleaned the contacts with deoxit.
Anyone have any thoughts what it could be? It seems like the frequency might be increasing.
Thank you for the help
Jon
Old 04-18-2019, 04:47 PM
LS1Steve
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 69 Posts

Are you in competition mode? If not, probably the traction control kicking on.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:05 PM
J02ws6transam
Instructor

I do actually always drive in competition mode, but the traction control is not kicking on. As i stated it usually does it while im cruising down the road. 5th gear 1500rpm
Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 PM
KurtsZ06
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

If you have OEM air induction ...

Try pulling the air induction tube ahead of the throttle body and inspect the pads that are glued to the top and bottom. You’ll need to pull the filter as well. If one of the pads have come loose, it disrupts the air flow. This especially happens when at quarter to half throttle in a brisk acceleration. The disrupted air flow screws with the MAP sensor just ahead of the pads. It causes a brief loss of power, as if a rpm limiter kicked in. Then, it goes away.
its a 5 minute inspection. I tore my pads out, they both were flapping in the wind. Friggin smog device. The glue that holds the pads melts with oil or gas vapor. Worse, hunks of glue fly into the throttle body and intake.

bext of luck.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:25 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Have you actually scanned for codes?
I would pull the connector at the TB motor, inspect the pins, and reseat the connector.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:08 PM
J02ws6transam
Instructor

The magnuson cane with a Intaje and it does have the foam flaps inside but they are tight and not moving. Also looked and cleaned the maf sensor and it looks good. Scanned the computer and no codes or pending codes. Also pulled the connector. Pins are clean and I sprayed them with deoxit contact cleaner. Such a weird issue
Old 04-19-2019, 10:29 AM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

Just my opinion, but it sounds like a malfunction with your traction control is kicking in when it shouldn't.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 PM
J02ws6transam
Instructor

Ok guys I believe I figured out the problem. When doing my install of stuff, I installed a racetronix fuel pump harness and the this morning my car wouldn’t start. Thankfully I was at my shop. Long story short the eyelet connector of the harness that goes to the alternator wasn’t crimped properly from racetronix and had a bad connection and only was sending 3 volts to my fuel pump. Re soldered the connector and all fixed. I drove the car tjeee times today and no cutting out the throttle while driving. I’m hoping the last few days of driving was the bad connection cutting out the fuel pump for a short time. I will let you guys know if it continues.
Thanks for the help
Jon
The following users liked this post:
KB9GKC (04-21-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Weird cut throttle cut off while driving then fine Please help

Quick Reply: Weird cut throttle cut off while driving then fine Please help