Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Thanks Jim Mero.!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 10:25 PM
ASASN
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Thanks Jim Mero.!!

Hello all.!!

Wanted to give a shout out and a BIG "Thanks.!!" to Jim and his wife Terri.!! Ran into them at Carlisle this weekend and did Jim's MRC upgrade on my ZR1. Man, what a difference it made with the car, a buddy of mine had it done on his as well and had the same opinion.!! I honestly felt the difference leaving their tent, going back to where we parked.
Then on the way back to the hotel, highway speeds, the car just absorbed the road beautifully.!! This is with hard, stock, 9 year old tires too.! I did 870+ miles on the way home Sunday, the car was simply a pleasure to drive...it's gonna make me buy new tires though.!!
Honestly, if you've thought about this mod, go ahead and do it. For $325, I promise it'll be the cheapest mod you make with the greatest results. Worst thing that happens, Jim puts you back to stock and gives you your money back.!!

Thanks again Jim and Terri.!! It was a pleasure speaking with you guys and truly love my upgrade.!!

Mike P.
The following 4 users liked this post by ASASN:
IMXCITD (09-01-2019), passagemaker43 (09-01-2019), RobWilson (09-05-2019), WA 2 FST (08-27-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 11:12 PM
chatcher
Thick Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks Jim!!

The following 2 users liked this post by chatcher:
IMXCITD (09-01-2019), TXGS507 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 08:35 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,254 Likes on 233 Posts

Hi Mike,

It was pleasure meeting you and Wayne. I am happy you like the new calibration and thank you very much for the review.

Jim
Old 08-29-2019, 11:45 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Mero
Hi Mike,

It was pleasure meeting you and Wayne. I am happy you like the new calibration and thank you very much for the review.

Jim
We really need to get you out to Texas sooner rather than later.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:17 PM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by EViL427
We really need to get you out to Texas sooner rather than later.
Hi,

If you have not had a chance to do so, if you can take a few seconds to fill out your information on my contact page at www.jimmero.com i would appreciate it. This way I can record your information. We are tentatively planning a southern tour late January/early February. However if we can get enough cars signed up, we may be able to do it earlier.

Texas requests are growing fast.

Thank you, Jim
Old 08-29-2019, 05:25 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Hi,

If you have not had a chance to do so, if you can take a few seconds to fill out your information on my contact page at www.jimmero.com i would appreciate it. This way I can record your information. We are tentatively planning a southern tour late January/early February. However if we can get enough cars signed up, we may be able to do it earlier.

Thank you, Jim
I already did. Vince Turner in Houston, waiting patiently.

I'd even make the drive to Dallas if that's where you ended up.

Last edited by VetteVinnie; 08-29-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:01 PM
ccryder
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for posting this with your great feedback!
I’m looking forward to getting my 2011 done (with the original tires still on it) tomorrow while here in BG.

Originally Posted by ASASN
Hello all.!!

Wanted to give a shout out and a BIG "Thanks.!!" to Jim and his wife Terri.!! Ran into them at Carlisle this weekend and did Jim's MRC upgrade on my ZR1. Man, what a difference it made with the car, a buddy of mine had it done on his as well and had the same opinion.!! I honestly felt the difference leaving their tent, going back to where we parked.
Then on the way back to the hotel, highway speeds, the car just absorbed the road beautifully.!! This is with hard, stock, 9 year old tires too.! I did 870+ miles on the way home Sunday, the car was simply a pleasure to drive...it's gonna make me buy new tires though.!!
Honestly, if you've thought about this mod, go ahead and do it. For $325, I promise it'll be the cheapest mod you make with the greatest results. Worst thing that happens, Jim puts you back to stock and gives you your money back.!!

Thanks again Jim and Terri.!! It was a pleasure speaking with you guys and truly love my upgrade.!!

Mike P.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:21 PM
slammin86
Burning Brakes

Received 392 Likes on 205 Posts

Hi,

Thank you, Jim
Let's meet up on your way to Texas. I'm in Springfield Mo and will drive a bit if needed.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Jim, left my info on your page. In October the NCRC meet in Frisco TX is a huge event that brings Corvette enthusiasts from all over...
The following users liked this post:
WA 2 FST (09-02-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 11:25 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Hi,

Thank you, Jim

information submitted ! and thanks...

Gary
Old 09-01-2019, 01:53 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Cool Mike!
Old 09-01-2019, 03:43 PM
GMJim
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 152 Posts

I had planned on getting my 2011 done in Carlisle but my concrete contractor interrupted my plans. I had to tear up 1200 square feet of brand new concrete floor in my new shop. Here's hoping I can make Carlisle next year. I like my ZR1 ride but it could be improved.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:37 PM
passagemaker43
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 198 Posts

I'll second the OP's comments. Jim did his upgrade on my 427 convertible at Carlisle. Quite the improvement. The ride home was considerably smoother than the ride there, both done in Tour mode. I haven't tried Sport mode yet because despite some incidents of aggressive cornering in an effort to uncover hiccups, the car remained flat and balanced while still delivering a smoother ride. It also maintained better road contact when going over bumps at speed. Very happy with the results. Now when Jim and Terry find their way to Vero Beach I can get my ZR1 tweaked as well.

Thanks Jim and Terry,

Keith
Old 09-01-2019, 10:46 PM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

HI Jim, If you can provide me your information on my contact page, I would appreciate it. There is a chance we will be headed to the New England states in early October and I suspect we would travel through Canada to get there.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Hi Keith, I am happy you like the new calibrations. Hopefully we can get together to get that ZR1 upgraded. Thanks again, Jim
Old 09-02-2019, 01:11 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

We had 7 zr1's in the shop last week and we are dying to get this done. Ive got some road course guys and the rest are drag racers. Cant wait to see the drag racing stuff done!
Old 09-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

HI Jim, If you can provide me your information on my contact page, I would appreciate it. There is a chance we will be headed to the New England states in early October and I suspect we would travel through Canada to get there.
Hello Jim,

If you travel through Canada in early October, will you pass through southern Ontario?
I’m in the Toronto area and would drive the C6 ZR1 to meet you for a calibration update.

Vern

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks Jim Mero.!!

Old 09-05-2019, 09:03 AM
GMJim
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 152 Posts

PM sent. Thanks Jim
Old 09-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Originally Posted by GMJim
PM sent. Thanks Jim
Thanks, GMJim!

Jim Mero,
2 Canada customers - GMJim and Vernon - who would like your to connect for your pass through Canada in early October. Hopefully, we can meet to have you do your “magic” with our cars.

Thanks,
Vern

Last edited by Vernon; 09-05-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Originally Posted by GMJim
PM sent. Thanks Jim
GREAT NEWS, GMJim and other interested Canadian C6 owners in Southern Ontario,

Jim Mero will be in the Hamilton, Ontario area and available to perform his tuning magic on our C6’s MRC program.

Jim Mero plans to travel through Hamilton in early October and can make himself available to update our C6’s MRC programming.

Have a look at Jim Mero’s site for information about the MRC tuning upgrade. Pose any of your questions directly to Jim Mero.

www.jimmero.com

If interested, PM me and I can share the early October date information for the Hamilton, Ontario visit.

If you want to be part of this great opportunity, register your car (C6) and interest on Jim’s site.

This is a convenient opportunity for us Southern Ontario C6 owners to have the MRC tuning upgrade...that’s why I’m sharing!

Regards,
Vern

Last edited by Vernon; 09-09-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Thanks Jim Mero.!!