Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Brake Bedding Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 03:24 PM
RAPTOR88
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Brake Bedding Service

Does anyone know of a company that offers a brake bedding service for ZR1 rotors and pads? I have new rotors and pads and do not want to go through the process recommended by GM. There are many companies who offer the service for their own products but I’m trying to find one who will do them for a 2009 ZR1. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:32 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RAPTOR88
Does anyone know of a company that offers a brake bedding service for ZR1 rotors and pads? I have new rotors and pads and do not want to go through the process recommended by GM. There are many companies who offer the service for their own products but I’m trying to find one who will do them for a 2009 ZR1. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.
There are no companies that offer that service for your OEM CCM brakes. Honestly it will take you more time to remove your rotors and pads than the 15-20 minutes that it will take you to bed them in your self.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:18 PM
DEANDOLLA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by RAPTOR88
Thanks.
i would love the chance to bed in a set of new CCB , I just picked up a nice used set so i envy you on the bedding new ones lol you got this ,go for it ,
Old 05-05-2022, 05:48 PM
RAPTOR88
Racer

I found a company that offers a brake bedding service for most performance brake systems. They are called ProSystems at Prosystembrakes.com. The gentleman I spoke to was very professional and said they could bed almost any brake system. I’m going to send him the dimensions of my rotors and pads to see if their equipment is set up to do my combo. Otherwise they can fabricate the tooling necessary to do them. That of course would be costly and would probably involve me sending them my calipers as well to mount the pad to. Don’t want to do that. My OEM ZR1 rotors, calipers, and pads are new and currently not mounted on the car. My car is a 2009 Z06 garage queen with 2,184 miles on it and I don’t want to bed the brakes on the car if I can avoid it.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:39 PM
DEANDOLLA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts

mine is a 2010 z06 and the good news is your 09 should have the newer bosh ABS system which can be a plus on what we are both doing with these swaps from some reading on here, i still envy you on bedding them new and i understand its very low miles ,i would still love to do it even if the car had 184 on the clock ,congrats on the new set up and mint car im sure
Old 05-05-2022, 08:28 PM
RAPTOR88
Racer

Originally Posted by DEANDOLLA
mine is a 2010 z06 and the good news is your 09 should have the newer bosh ABS system which can be a plus on what we are both doing with these swaps from some reading on here, i still envy you on bedding them new and i understand its very low miles ,i would still love to do it even if the car had 184 on the clock ,congrats on the new set up and mint car im sure

Thanks. This is my car. And yes the ZR1 setup is completely comparable with both or cars.
The following users liked this post:
DEANDOLLA (05-05-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Bedding Service

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Brake Bedding Service