Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] HELP! I NEED A NEW FRONT Carbon fiber SPLITTER/LIP

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 09:16 AM
Gum1993
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default HELP! I NEED A NEW FRONT Carbon fiber SPLITTER/LIP

Hello,
I have a zr1 and my splitter cracked
could be worse but im glad i didnt get anything damaged.
What is the best splitter closest to OEM without breaking the bank? I want something thats higher quality and looks exactly like the splitter that originally came on the car.
Which is the best fitment wise?
There is so many options its getting confusing. Im between the RPI one or the Exteme online store one. Please help and let me know what you guys recommend from experience. Last thing i want is to pay for one and not getting the quality and fitment im supposed to.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:04 PM
LaoBron
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 40 Posts

Katech is closest

The following users liked this post:
C6ZRJuan (08-07-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:46 PM
Gum1993
Instructor

Thanks for the reply. That actually looks amazing. How much is it?
Old 08-06-2022, 04:20 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 364 Posts

I've installed a few splitters and spoilers from these guys. Reasonably priced, fit well, and look good. https://extremeonlinestore.com/colle...nt=54317641483
Old 08-06-2022, 05:18 PM
Gum1993
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3X2
I've installed a few splitters and spoilers from these guys. Reasonably priced, fit well, and look good. https://extremeonlinestore.com/colle...nt=54317641483
Good to know this. They're on top of my list right now. Seen bunch of great reviews. Might pull the trigger on them unless someone says other wise.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:25 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

One who installs an aftermarket cf splitter should consider it expendable.

I have an 06 ZO6 and I'm on my fourth one.

I've bought Kateck and Apsis pieces, and they are flawless. Should mention the splitter is expensive...$600.
Gum1993 (08-08-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 05:08 AM
Jason71
Burning Brakes

Received 802 Likes on 402 Posts

C7Carbon is tough to beat. All of the Aero on my car is from them and it is top quality for sure.

Gum1993 (08-08-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 08:08 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,092 Likes on 4,373 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Gum1993
Hello,
I have a zr1 and my splitter cracked
could be worse but im glad i didnt get anything damaged.
What is the best splitter closest to OEM without breaking the bank? I want something thats higher quality and looks exactly like the splitter that originally came on the car.
There is so many options its getting confusing. Im between the RPI one or the Exteme online store one. Please help and let me know what you guys recommend from experience. Last thing i want is to pay for one and not getting the quality and fitment im supposed to.

Thanks in advance.
Neither of those options are higher quality than OEM. Look at C7 Carbon & APR Performance.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:02 PM
RAPTOR88
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have 2 n
Old 08-07-2022, 09:11 PM
RAPTOR88
Racer

Sorry. I have 2 new OEM ZO7 spoilers and one ZR1 spoiler. NOTHING comes close to the figment and quality of an OEM GM part. Expensive but you get what you pay for.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:14 AM
Gum1993
Instructor

Well i ended up getting the EOS splitter since its the quickest best option. We will see. I will report back with the experience which i hope it will be a good one.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:45 AM
TButta
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

If you want the best quality without breaking the bank, go C7Carbon. Extreme Online Store is literally the cheapest option, and you get what you pay for. I literally just pulled my EOS lip off and replaced it with a C7Carbon lip and the quality difference is very noticeable.
Jason71 (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 10:00 AM
Jason71
Burning Brakes

😳

I’m not sure. How went from the above requirements to concluding to going with EOS……but I hope that works out for you. 😬

Now fastest??? You may have picked correctly there…….I have a rear diffuser that is arriving today that I ordered 1/26/22 from C7Carbon.

My momma always told me that the best things come to those who wait…….

Last edited by Jason71; 08-08-2022 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:03 AM
Jason71
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RAPTOR88
Sorry. I have 2 new OEM ZO7 spoilers and one ZR1 spoiler. NOTHING comes close to the figment and quality of an OEM GM part. Expensive but you get what you pay for.
Personally, I’m not sure how you could arrive at this conclusion without seeing parts from respected aftermarket suppliers like APR and C7Carbon 🤔

I have C7Carbon, and the ‘figment’ and finish would be very tough to beat by anyone including OEM.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:29 AM
Gum1993
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jason71
Personally, I’m not sure how you could arrive at this conclusion without seeing parts from respected aftermarket suppliers like APR and C7Carbon 🤔

I have C7Carbon, and the ‘figment’ and finish would be very tough to beat by anyone including OEM.
i know it was a tough decision but i needed it since my lip doesnt look great at all. I chose EOS since i researched through the forum a lot and every lip had at least 1 bad review or someone saying they had a bad experience. EOS also had those but it also had really good reviews. C7 carbon was in the same boat so i figured ill go with the quickest one and see. Wish me luck. I will let you know when it arrives.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:08 PM
Jason71
Burning Brakes

i know it was a tough decision but i needed it since my lip doesnt look great at all. I chose EOS since i researched through the forum a lot and every lip had at least 1 bad review or someone saying they had a bad experience. EOS also had those but it also had really good reviews. C7 carbon was in the same boat so i figured ill go with the quickest one and see. Wish me luck. I will let you know when it arrives.
Out of all of them……it ‘seems’ to me that EOS has more negative than the others, but I have seen some guys that just seem to love their products. Hopefully you will fall into the latter category.

Be sure and update this thread on thoughts and pictures once it arrives 👍
Gum1993 (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 01:40 PM
TButta
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

😳

I’m not sure. How went from the above requirements to concluding to going with EOS……but I hope that works out for you. 😬

Now fastest??? You may have picked correctly there…….I have a rear diffuser that is arriving today that I ordered 1/26/22 from C7Carbon.

My momma always told me that the best things come to those who wait…….

I ordered the ZR1 lip and side skirts separately and it took about 6 weeks each to get them to my door. I'm sure the diffusor takes longer as they probably don't make as many.

I did keep my EOS Lip that I took off my car just incase for an insurance policy, but its not even worth selling to me by the time you look at shipping and packaging.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! I NEED A NEW FRONT Carbon fiber SPLITTER/LIP

Old 08-08-2022, 05:05 PM
RAPTOR88
Racer

Respectfully, I have seen many different brands on many different cars and it is my opinion that the OEM spoiler is the best in every way. And personally, I won’t put a non OEM part ,especially if still available through GM, on my car because it bothers me knowing it’s not original and the resulting loss of authenticity and ultimately resale value. That’s just me. An exception would be tires of course.
My comments on this tread are my personal opinion and specifically address looks, figment, and quality as the OP mentioned wanting superior quality over the original spoiler. Sure, aftermarket spoilers of similar design are all cheaper and more readily available and may be the right choice for many Vette owners.
But regarding quality, figment, weight, and appearance - I believe aftermarket front splitters all fall short of the mark. They are, after all and by definition, replicas of the original.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:41 PM
Jason71
Burning Brakes

Respectfully, I have seen many different brands on many different cars and it is my opinion that the OEM spoiler is the best in every way. And personally, I won’t put a non OEM part ,especially if still available through GM, on my car because it bothers me knowing it’s not original and the resulting loss of authenticity and ultimately resale value. That’s just me. An exception would be tires of course.
My comments on this tread are my personal opinion and specifically address looks, figment, and quality as the OP mentioned wanting superior quality over the original spoiler. Sure, aftermarket spoilers of similar design are all cheaper and more readily available and may be the right choice for many Vette owners.
But regarding quality, figment, weight, and appearance - I believe aftermarket front splitters all fall short of the mark. They are, after all and by definition, replicas of the original.
Why do you keep saying figment? Don’t you mean ‘fitment’ ?

I’m totally confused, and I’m glad you have a museum showpiece kept Stock with OEM parts for preservation of value for a future sale. I genuinely hope you are able to retire or live very well in retirement off the future sale of your C6 (Is that what you have? I didn’t remember you saying). I truly do. I’m not sure if calling an aftermarket part a ‘replica’ is supposed to be derogatory, but I don’t care a bit to put a replica part on my car as long as it is tasteful (in my eyes of course) and high quality. My Carbon Fiber vented hood is WAY NICER than OEM (my opinion of course).

I plan to drive the damn tires (multiple sets of course) off my Z06 and hope it is worth very little when I am done with it because that just means I have gotten every ounce of enjoyment out of this car.

Sorry…….rant off

Last edited by Jason71; 08-08-2022 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:09 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,092 Likes on 4,373 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Having had both OEM and aftermarket front splitters and rear spoilers, I guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between a C7 Carbon front splitter and an OEM - they are indistinguishable from one another if we're talking the black painted versions like on my Z07. Side skirts - same thing. In fact, the C7 Carbon side skirts actually feel better quality than my OEM $2,000 GM side skirts which are very flimsy.The same goes for the OEM ZR1 rear spoiler & the EOS ZR1 rear spoiler - identical in every way, shape or form. The visible carbon fiber, sure you could see a difference in the cf weave, but the rest is identical.

For the OP, I wouldn't put a cheap aftermarket (EOS) front splitter on my ZR1 (or my Carbon Edition Z06 for that matter) because they are pretty rare vehicles.
The following 2 users liked this post by JABCAT:
Gum1993 (08-09-2022), Jason71 (08-08-2022)

Quick Reply: [ZR1] HELP! I NEED A NEW FRONT Carbon fiber SPLITTER/LIP