Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Passenger front sitting at least .5" lower than front right even with bolt full high

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 09:47 AM
Totsie7944
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Passenger front sitting at least .5" lower than front right even with bolt full high

Hi guys, just got my 2010 ZR1 about 10 months ago. Car drives fine and always has. I took it for its first oil/fluid change today at a Corvette speciality shop here in CT. Both myself and they noticed that the passenger side was about .5"+ lower than the driver front. But stock bolts were even when they looked on the lift. They didn't notice any issues elsewhere. The car only has ~8,300 miles on it, and everything underneath, including the spring looked good as new.

To clarify - I am talking about tire to fender gap. Two fingers on drivers side, maybe 1 finger on passenger side.

They jacked up the stock bolt on the passenger side as high as it will go, but there is still a .5" difference between the two sides. They said maybe the spring just needs to get replaced. Any thoughts?

My initial thought was that the car was setup this way to compensate in track conditions for only a driver. But given they adjusted the stock bolts to now be uneven by essentially putting the passenger side up as high as possible and there is still a .5" difference, I am not so sure.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Totsie7944; 08-18-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:32 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,305 Likes on 944 Posts

That’s normal. You also just ruined the corner balance by cranking the ride height adjustment.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:26 AM
Totsie7944
Advanced

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
That’s normal. You also just ruined the corner balance by cranking the ride height adjustment.
Well, that's sort of false (that I changed the geometry). Based upon inspection on my lift last night, I realized the bushing on the passenger side bolt is toast - so the geometry was already impacted (plus the original owner had lowered the car/stock bolts anyway). Driver side is "ok" but I went ahead and ordered two new bolts. I do agree with you, once the new bolts are installed, I'd technically want to get an alignment and the suspension balanced by someone that knows what they're doing. Problem is, not many shops know how to do that properly. I may just have them set the passenger side about .5" lower than the driver side so that when I'm in the car driving, it's even.

Welcome any thoughts though.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Did you get the oem style replacement rubber bolts? The other ones don’t hold up.

Yes just set it to how you first noticed the passenger side and should be close enough.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:50 PM
Totsie7944
Advanced

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
Did you get the oem style replacement rubber bolts? The other ones don’t hold up.

Yes just set it to how you first noticed the passenger side and should be close enough.
Yep, I ordered 2 sets from Corvette Central - the OEM replacements. So should be good. My rears are ok so I didn't order anything for them. But at least I'll have an extra set for the front. I have no desire to lower the car more than the stock bolts allow. Last thing I need is to deal with the front splitter or lower radiator support getting banged up.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:16 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Totsie7944
Yep, I ordered 2 sets from Corvette Central - the OEM replacements. So should be good. My rears are ok so I didn't order anything for them. But at least I'll have an extra set for the front. I have no desire to lower the car more than the stock bolts allow. Last thing I need is to deal with the front splitter or lower radiator support getting banged up.
Yup that’s correct! It also handles worse when it’s lowered (instant center goes below ground and throws the geometry off.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:30 PM
WydGlydJim
Team Owner

Received 296 Likes on 141 Posts

Technically, the passenger front, and the front right, are the same thing.........

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger front sitting at least .5" lower than front right even with bolt full high

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Passenger front sitting at least .5" lower than front right even with bolt full high