Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] should blue devil get wind flaps?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 01:19 AM
number77
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should blue devil get wind flaps?

i don't konw what they're called so i'll just call them wind flaps. like a rising rear spoiler(not big of course) to help in hard braking. i was also thinking what if the z06 had the raising flap that was on the old cowl hoods? though a zl1 hood is more likely. i was trying to act smart and think what if they had that cowl-ish style hood and used the nose of the car for more arodynamics?
Old 01-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Zivnuska
Le Mans Master

Default Re: should blue devil get wind flaps? (number77)

I'll go you one better. I believe that the standard Z06 and the Blue Devil should both get a spoiler/air brake.

Lots of folks anguish about luxury options like the Nav or heated seats, but here is an option that directly relates to the Z06 mission on the track and should appeal to "the extreme performance enthusiast."

It would also be an, "additional difference between the Z06 and the base model." If the spoiler can be truly functional, go for it. The setup in the SLR McLaren seems to be well thought out, adjustable, and a reasonable template. Spoilers don't all have to be rice. This could give an edge on a road course.

Phil Zivnuska
Old 01-10-2004, 10:21 PM
ivan111
Drifting

Default Re: should blue devil get wind flaps? (Zivnuska)

I agree i like the spoiler in the MB SLR it adjust to 10,30 degrees at speed and 65 degrees for braking.....

The Blue devil should use something to generate downforce a small spoiler like that should be great..... :chevy
Old 01-15-2004, 05:35 PM
LymanSS
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: should blue devil get wind flaps? (ivan111)

Yes, and it should also have a license plate that automatically retracts when you get on the gas :yesnod:

Seriously though, I'd love to see some more active aerodynamics on the Z06. We've lost the C5's pop-up air brakes, so we need something to make up for it. An adjustable spoiler, a set of true air brakes, or just about anything to make some real downforce would be welcome in my opinion. I've driven my C5 at high triple digit speeds and I can honestly say that downforce would have made me feel better.

Scott
Old 01-15-2004, 08:59 PM
DngrZne
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: should blue devil get wind flaps? (LymanSS)

Yes, and it should also have a license plate that automatically retracts when you get on the gas :yesnod:

Seriously though, I'd love to see some more active aerodynamics on the Z06. We've lost the C5's pop-up air brakes, so we need something to make up for it. An adjustable spoiler, a set of true air brakes, or just about anything to make some real downforce would be welcome in my opinion. I've driven my C5 at high triple digit speeds and I can honestly say that downforce would have made me feel better.

Scott
The C6 supposedly has addressed some of those lifting problems. That's apparently part of the reason for the rear airfoil. They said the car feels much more stable at high speeds now. :cheers:
Old 01-15-2004, 10:09 PM
ivan111
Drifting

Default Re: should blue devil get wind flaps? (DngrZne)

Yeah but i think that for the Z and the Blue Devil they will need to have better ground effects than in the Base C6 because both are going to be much quicker and faster cars.....

Hill said that they could have made the C6 to generate more downforce but at the cost of fuel economy, i think for C6 Z06 and Blue Devil they will have to sacrifice some fuel economy for downforce..... :chevy
Old 01-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Does the C5-R or any of its direct competitors have dynamic aero?
Old 01-17-2004, 01:48 PM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: should blue devil get wind flaps? (LymanSS)

Scott
:lol: :lol: :iagree: :thumbs:
Old 01-17-2004, 01:49 PM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Welcome to the forum (number77). :cheers: :seeya :grouphug: :party:

Get notified of new replies

To should blue devil get wind flaps?

Quick Reply: [Z06] should blue devil get wind flaps?