Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] No blue devil, not right

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:32 PM
C6Nut400
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No blue devil, not right

someone at a different forum said they wernt making the blue devil because it burnt up, something to do with the turbos and the firewall, something like that, but first of all it is supposed to be supercharged and that wouldent keep gm from making it 2nd the cadillac presenter knew about that and said they were building it I think thats crazy :crazy:
Old 01-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: No blue devil, not right (C6Nut400)

I would wait for a more reputable source. JMTC
Old 01-23-2004, 10:15 AM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: No blue devil, not right (Ryan Bell)

I would wait for a more reputable source. JMTC
:iagree: :lol: :lol: :crazy:
Old 01-23-2004, 02:58 PM
C6Nut400
Pro

Default Re: No blue devil, not right (LittleBoyBlu99)

me or him because if its me than why would she tell me if she didnt know and she knew alot like about its powerplants being built in wixom and i dont care i think he is worong :banghead: and you dont get that much more reliable than that, she is on the inside and she said it would have similar engine specs except the v12 and the mid engined par although as discussed in another thred that because the engine is behind the axels it is technacally mid-engined

[Modified by C6Nut400, 8:10 PM 1/23/2004]
Old 01-24-2004, 10:24 AM
HoldHard
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Was your "source" from the NAIAS and wearing a dark blue shirt? If so, that was the joint effort with the United Auto Workers (UAW). They were at the show to help answer potential customers questions, thereby reducing GM's cost of populating the floor. I also talked to a powertrain guy and he was very knowledgable about the six-speed automatic transmission, including details about the sun gears, bolt configutations, etc.

I sincerely doubt that the design engineers assigned to the Blue Devil project would be at the auto show. Lutz would not allow that to happen.

With the Ford GT planned for production and rumors floating around about the Daimler Chrysler ME Four Twelve being designed as a "production" car, the bar is being raised here in Detroit.

Remember there were some very expensive Corvettes available from Chevrolet during the 1987 - 1991 timeframe. If you ordered the B2K option with all the frills such as the Aerobody package and upgraded interior, the price would easily exceed $100,000. They just happened to have a different word between the tail lights. Callaway.

Don't worry. I'm certain Maximum Bob will answer the call. That's why GM hired him.

HoldHard
Old 01-27-2004, 05:09 PM
C6Nut400
Pro

Default Re: No blue devil, not right (HoldHard)

true, true but i think she was dressed in blue but on her nametag it just said cadillac and then her name and i dont think she is part of any car project but working for gm makes her susceptible to insider info even if she isnt supposed to hear it, and maybe she thought I was a potential buyer, I went with my father and he said I looked nice, hahaha, so maybe she thought I was a rich guy asking about prices because she did say it would cost like $100,000
Old 01-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

me or him because if its me than why would she tell me if she didnt know and she knew alot like about its powerplants being built in wixom and i dont care i think he is worong :banghead: and you dont get that much more reliable than that, she is on the inside and she said it would have similar engine specs except the v12 and the mid engined par although as discussed in another thred that because the engine is behind the axels it is technacally mid-engined

[Modified by C6Nut400, 8:10 PM 1/23/2004]
Dude..........grammar.......seriously. :p:

Take the time for others please, if not for yourself.

[Modified by Ryan Bell, 4:20 PM 1/27/2004]
Old 01-27-2004, 06:17 PM
C6Nut400
Pro

Default Re: No blue devil, not right (Ryan Bell)

Argggh, fine, is this better :rolleyes:

Get notified of new replies

To No blue devil, not right

Quick Reply: [Z06] No blue devil, not right