Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Post your Estimates on the price here....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Outsider
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Steele

At that price it will be more like 5-10%!!!

if that, more like the 3-5%.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Chief Pontiac
Racer

Originally Posted by Outsider
if that, more like the 3-5%.
As long as I get one thats all that matters.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:38 PM
funshipone
Racer

I was told by a dealer over $60,000 but it will be a great car.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

Originally Posted by funshipone
That alone makes me believe it'll be below $60,000
Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 AM
1fastdog
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High $60's-low $70's
Old 09-27-2004, 10:14 AM
1fastdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Outsider
the effects of the ZR-1 is very fresh in their minds still. The ZR-1 would have possibly sold better if there was a more significant difference between the models. All I know is that I am anticipating the worst, the price above or at 65k, and cutting expenses to be able to afford it. It will still be a while until it is actually able to take delivery, so i am saving now to reap the benefits later.
The issue with the ZR1 had to do with 2 major issues. One being the lack of perceived value after the LT-1 was producing good power. Secondly, there was not an obvious visual difference in the C4 coupe and the ZR1 to the non-enthusiast's eye. Yes, the ZR1 had a wider, different body, but not "obviously" wider, not "obviously" a more aggressive look without giving it a closer look.

There will be nothing "unobvious" about the Z06 appearance and the performance upgrades will be desirable, IMHO.

I'd love it to be less than I expect. For what's coming, I just figure that "more" will cost more. Lots more will mean lots more.

If it's a big engine with dry sump oiling? More money. Oil cooler? More money.. Trans cooler? More money. Aluminum frame? More money. Adequate tires and wheels? More money. Huge brakes? More money. Heavier duty trans and diff? More money. Proper seats? More money. Carbon fiber parts? More money. Lighter front and rear glass? More money. Etc., etc., etc.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 09-27-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:37 AM
1fastdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tom Steele
I don't get the whole "fully loaded" thing. Fully loaded on a C5 Z06 is BSM's and electric rearview mirror!!!

That is the whole POINT of the Z06. There is no such thing as a fully loaded Z06.
On this we agree. I doubt there will be any option list for Z06 other than a limited color choice.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYNLO
I keep seeing this.....fully loaded. What the heck does that mean???
It means that a lot of people posting in here have no idea what they are talking about.

I know that sounds rude, but it is also true. People who say "$xx,xxx.00 fully loaded" know nothing about the current Z06 and what it was tasked to be in the Corvette lineup.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Outsider
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
The issue with the ZR1 had to do with 2 major issues. One being the lack of perceived value after the LT-1 was producing good power. Secondly, there was not an obvious visual difference in the C4 coupe and the ZR1 to the non-enthusiast's eye. Yes, the ZR1 had a wider, different body, but not "obviously" wider, not "obviously" a more aggressive look without giving it a closer look.

There will be nothing "unobvious" about the Z06 appearance and the performance upgrades will be desirable, IMHO.

I'd love it to be less than I expect. For what's coming, I just figure that "more" will cost more. Lots more will mean lots more.

If it's a big engine with dry sump oiling? More money. Oil cooler? More money.. Trans cooler? More money. Aluminum frame? More money. Adequate tires and wheels? More money. Huge brakes? More money. Heavier duty trans and diff? More money. Proper seats? More money. Carbon fiber parts? More money. Lighter front and rear glass? More money. Etc., etc., etc.
By preparing for the worst i can easily afford the car regardless, and even have money left over for other mods, if it needs any.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
gbjames
Instructor

Default Inside Info

Loaded with the few options that will be offered , MSRP $60905, by the way its a FRC in 4 colors, sharp new wheels. Hows that for a good guess..
Old 09-28-2004, 01:22 AM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Originally Posted by funshipone
Heard the same from a dealer

Quick Reply: [Z06] Post your Estimates on the price here....