Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Is $1,000 over Invoice a Good Price ? (and how did you do?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:50 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 272 Likes on 234 Posts

The dealer's cost on a Z-06 is $57,525 then with some options (2LZ) is $63,357.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:40 AM
legalgus
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NFexec
I'm used to "dealing" from invoice vs. MSRP whenever I buy or lease, but have been told not to expect much below MSRP with a car like the Corvette (or BMW, Lotus, etc.) So when I was told I could get an '06 coupe for $1K over invoice, it seemed like a pretty good deal to me.... even though I have bought other brands (less expensive cars) for invoice or even under. My lack of experience with Corvettes shows as I just don't know if I should jump on this, or try to negotiate even less. (and, no I don't have GMAC connections)

On a related topic, I am very interested in knowing pricing experience from forum members who have dealt with forum associated dealers in recent weeks. Knowing that a big chunk of the country is experiencing winter weather, one would think sports cars would be discounted more than usual... and I'm not talking about the $500 price drop from GM. So - anyone mind sharing what they paid in relation to invoice, and where they bought their car? And one last question - do you think coupes will be discounted more favorably than verts? Thanks very much for the help!

Doug
Too much! Should be able to get 5k at least off an '05, more likely 7k. Should be able to get 4-5k off an '06.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 PM
G2369
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by framebender
I just made my deal for $500 over invoice with a local dealer for muesum delivery. They are making the $500 plus their 3% holdback and they won't even see the car. I'm going to order it next month as i don't want it until late april or early may as the roads here aren't any good until then.
sent you a PM
Old 01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
snakeman56
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by achilds
I think you can do better. I paid 39,795 for a 2006 Lemans Blue 1LT, Z51, MN6. If you are interested PM me and I will get you a copy of the GMS pricing list.

PM Sent
Old 01-26-2006, 03:27 PM
fastfwd8
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finance

What most people don't consider is the finance manager. He takes care of your paperwork and sells you the extended warrantee, paint protection etc. He usually makes half the profit for the sales dept so shop for your own financing and extended warrantee and you'll save more than you'd think

Quick Reply: Is $1,000 over Invoice a Good Price ? (and how did you do?)