Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Vettes in Raleigh

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 PM
keith5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Vettes in Raleigh

I was in Raleigh NC today and had a little time so I dropped in by Hendricks Chevrolet. I am looking to buy an '06 Vert probably late March or early April so basically I was tire kicking. I was surprised by the number of Vettes they have in inventory. Approx. 8 verts and 15 cpes. All of the Verts are maxed out with 3LT, QG7, U3U, pwr top etc.
(no Z51's though)
Salesman ran some discount numbers by me and looked to be a fair price. I also verified that they have a Master Corvette Tech on staff.
So, question is... How is this dealership for sales/cust service based on personal experience??
If you dont want to post send me a private email or msg.
keith@3d-n-focus.com
Old 01-27-2006, 08:22 AM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by keith5
I was in Raleigh NC today and had a little time so I dropped in by Hendricks Chevrolet. I am looking to buy an '06 Vert probably late March or early April so basically I was tire kicking. I was surprised by the number of Vettes they have in inventory. Approx. 8 verts and 15 cpes. All of the Verts are maxed out with 3LT, QG7, U3U, pwr top etc.
(no Z51's though)
Salesman ran some discount numbers by me and looked to be a fair price. I also verified that they have a Master Corvette Tech on staff.
So, question is... How is this dealership for sales/cust service based on personal experience??
If you dont want to post send me a private email or msg.
keith@3d-n-focus.com
They have a sour taste around the forum because of a guy named Chris and they are famous price gougers for the new Z which is why i won't deal with them and I am fairly local.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:09 PM
wewing
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their service department is good, I have taken my previous vette there a couple of times, it was a 2000 c5 vert. My c6 hasn't had to be in the shop.

As for their sales department. They love to grind ya. They can never seem to give you a bottom dollar price on a vette until they have your keys and keep you there for as long as they can. They love the "let me ask my manager routine". Even after the torture, their price for me has been higher than other dealers quotes either online or over the phone on a coupe or vert. I bought my last vette out of state and took museum delivery. Of course Hendrick has very high prices on z06 right now. The last car I bought from them was a Z28 several years ago, but I go by and visit them now and then and I just don't let them have my keys.

This is just my experience with them. Others may vary.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:24 PM
keith5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the heads up. My wife and I are recent empty nesters and are looking to get back to our home state of NC.
Somewhere between Greensboro and Raleigh. We are leaning towards Greensboro because of house prices. I just sold my '98 Cpe and have been used to excellent service by Mike Arnold at Casey Chevrolet. He is a Master Vette Tech and treats his customers great. The Hendrick salesman was new and I'm sure he'd be wee weeing his pants everytime he had to "ask his manager". I'm probably going to check out Terry Labonte Chevrolet in Greensboro next. Has anybody got a scoop on those guys?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
fredgpowell
Pro

Best thing to do is go into the dealship with a price that you have seen on the internet or some other place that they can go and validate. I am from Durham and goto mine from Hendrick in Durham. I got a 05 vert for 54k and it has nav and everything. YOu can work them down but you must have a number in your head so that you dont fall to what you think are good prices.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:23 AM
keith5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Fred, I told the Hendrick salesman up front that I was probably going to go with Kerbeck in Atl City NJ. They advertise $5K off new Verts and will give that discount on a new order. When I told him I would be interested if they could meet this he said that they could. Plus he could offer $1K credit towards accessories such as a windscreen, body color door handles, etc. I am a person who believes in keeping business as close to home as possible (it is a small world after all) and will consider a comparable offer. I'll keep digging for now. Many Thanks!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:34 PM
TheRooster
Instructor

My God dude, don't buy from Hendrick. They are absolute jerks to the highest degree. I would not give them a dime. They are in Cary and think they can get away with murder.
Kerbeck is not too far from you. They are the biggest vette dealer in the nation and certainly have Corvette certified mechanics.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:37 PM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Their service dept is great, but it would be very hard for me to ever buy a car from their greedy ***.. I rather get a car hundred of miles away at a discount then to give them my dime
Old 01-30-2006, 06:21 PM
keith5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the info. I met one of their Vette techs. His name was Jeff. He appeared to feel awkward meeting a customer who had a few "Vette ?'s. I asked him point blank "Are you a Certified Master Corvette Technician?" W/O hesitation he said "Yes". Ironically I have a similar situation in Newport News, VA. The local Chevy dealer sets standards in the a**hole group. But, the service dept. and parts dept are awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To Vettes in Raleigh

Quick Reply: Vettes in Raleigh