Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 coupes for 39995

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:55 PM
MORK-SPEED
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiterock1
I don't agree with the comment on "stripper" The fastest, best handling which is not mainstream anymore than the is the lightest one you can buy adds some weight.

Mike
DID HE say stripper?

an entry level model is the way to go if you buy new . ..you can trade for almost nothing . ....

Last edited by MORK-SPEED; 06-16-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:33 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiterock1
I don't agree with the comment on "stripper" cars. The fastest, best handling Corvette--not including the Z-06 which is not a mainstream car, anymore than the Mercury Marine oddity was, is the lightest one you can buy with a Z-51, period. Every other option--except wheels, adds some weight. From very little--upgrade Bose stereo, to quite a bit--passenger side power seats, heated seats, etc. I bought my first Vette as a sports car, not a GT. To me, a 'loaded' Vette transcends the sports into GT line--not far over, but over. That, of course, imo...but that's why this forum exists, isn't it? Common wisdom also says that Vettes hold their resale value far better than most cars. In fact, a recent article in CandD mentioned these two cars should share the depreciation line honors for the next several years.

Mike
They "load" Corvetes for posers. You've all seen them. The guys that come to the track once with a Rolex, fake-bake, hair transplants, too much cologne, and the 20 year old girlfriend.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:34 PM
MORK-SPEED
Racer

Originally Posted by drmustang
They "load" Corvetes for posers. You've all seen them. The guys that come to the track once with a Rolex, fake-bake, hair transplants, too much cologne, and the 20 year old girlfriend.

i sold him his rolex to though . ...$50 . ..with box
Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
JeffH
Advanced

Default look at for sales forum...

Originally Posted by Newton06

Christ, here we go again...

1st off, the C6 market hasn't "tanked"; read the Z06 section for a primer on the value of available cars.

Secondly, once again we are talking about stripper cars, which at $40k, equates to the best discounts offered by forum dealers (i.e. ~$5k off MSRP). I know of few dealers that would even order such poorly optioned vehicle.

CA dealers still havre $10k markups on C6's & as much as $30k on Z06's. People are still paying.

Anyone stupid or desperate enough to unload a fully loaded C6 at these prices deserves to take it in the shorts.

$7000-7500 off....these arent "stripper cars".
Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Pewter99FRC
Advanced

its a buyers market. I love my c5, but i wanna move up. The fact that there are 06's goin so low makes it easy to bargain with 05's. I'm really lookin forward to gettin into a c6 from 99 FRC.

Its all up to who wants to pay for it. We had a guy on a local boards selling a 93z with like 100k+ for over 10k........ some sap apparently bought it? rip off... yes. Anyone out there will pay something for a car, its just a matter of what you're willing to settle for. If you want something bad enough.... youll get it, regardless of price. If you're frugal like me, youll wait until you get the perfect deal :-)
Old 06-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Yeah, you must be the true Vette "enthusiast", with your leisure suit, 14k gold chains & comb-over, right?

BTW, I love my Rolex & my wife is still in her 20's.

Last edited by Newton06; 06-17-2006 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:05 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Newton06
Yeah, you must be the true Vette "enthusiast", with your leisure suit, 14k gold chains & comb-over, right?

BTW, I love my Rolex & my wife is still in her 20's.

I knew it!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:10 AM
redbird2000
Pro

Each buyer has different needs. If I was going to do a lot of highway driving I would opt for more creature comforts, ie HUD,NAV, Cd changer, etc. Never heated seats though.

As much as I hate to, I have to agree with drmustang.
I have a loaded up 04 coupe and have never used the glass top and seldom use the HUD.
I ordered my 07 ZO6 with the 1LZ with comp. gray wheels as the only option. Money was not the issue, I just could not see adding a bunch of stuff that I would never use.

Resale value should I ever sell it will be less than a fully loaded ZO6 but I will have paid less up front.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

If the price difference between a 1LT and a 3LT is a make or break point you probably shouldn't be buying the car in the first place.

Although it may be hard for some to believe, not owning an item or purchasing that item in less than the "fully optioned" configuration does not always indicate a lack of funds. Why is it necessary for a person to editorialize about anothers financial status based on what that other individual owns.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 527 Likes on 344 Posts

If the price difference between a 1LT and a 3LT is a make or break point you probably shouldn't be buying the car in the first place.
I do not agree, since options can add 25% to the cost of the vehicle.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

It really depends on what you're going to use the car for. If its a daily driver then more creature comforts but if its just a toy then get what you need. I only put 500 miles per year on my last convertible.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:05 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
I do not agree, since options can add 25% to the cost of the vehicle.

Honestly, that is a personal judgement. I prefer to pay cash for my toys. The base Coupe that I will likely purchase will be 43-44K OTD. I will buy the car new in this configuration because I want it that way not because it is the max that I can spend or borrow. If I didn't have 53K for fun stuff I wouldn't spend the 43K. It is far easier to jump in and out of motorcycles, cars, boats, etc. when you have the titles. I don't expect everone to agree with this philosophy but it works well for me personally.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Red C5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be listing my C5 in the next 2-3 weeks. The argument about "stripper" cars is all relative. Some people just don't care about certain options. Me for instance, I don't care about memory seats, I'm the only one that drives it. NAV, although sounds nice to have, is rarely used in my company car. I wouldn't even care about power seats honestly, I'm 6'3", the seat goes all the way back and stays there always.

Some people can't live without all the options, good for them. We buy these cars because we love them, not because we need them. That's why it's so important to buy it the way YOU like it.

Quick Reply: 2006 coupes for 39995