Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

$7000.00 Off All Remaining Corvette's

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:02 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick D.
I just got off the phone with Mike Huberty. I put a deposit on a black/black 6 speed coupe! It was built yesterday and should ship Monday. I booked my flight to Milwaukee for the 26th, they will pick me up at the airport and bring me to the dealership in Random Lake, Wi. After doing the paper work I should be on my way back to Texas the same day and be home by Tue. It was almost too easy! Mike was very professional and easy to deal with. There is an additional fee of $139 for docs that is added to the deal for everyones information. Seems fair to me since, according to Kelley Blue Book, this car is several thousand below invoice. Mike will call to confirm the shipping date and keep me informed as we go. I am excited!! YAHOO, and away we go....

Nick
Congratulations Nick. Smart buy, you'll enjoy the ride home I'm sure.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:49 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Michrider
So there are no rules to delivery reporting? Just punch in any date you want to tailor your allocation to suit your needs. I don't think so. Report it sold on one date to one party, and then actually sell it months later to someone else. Is that from the Enron School of Business accounting? How about if there is a safety recall. GM sends recall to party on record the vehicle was reported sold to, real person that bought the car is clueless.

Your last sentance makes no sense. Regardless of whether the car was originally punched/sold to someone with a service date of 4/29, then sold to someone 6/29, the person who buys it on 6/29 is now the owner of record. It's not like the title is going to stay in the name of the company on the punch date of 4/29? Register the car with GM's website after purchase and you get all recall/safety bulletins sent to you.

I talked with Mike today as well, and will most likely be buying the LMB coupe with an inservice date of 4/29. He was very upfront and said essentially the cars were titled to the dealer as of that day, so that future allocations could be secured, as already posted in another thread. Whether that's Enron buisness or not does not effect the end user, only the dealer. If I buy the car tommorow, my name is on the title and I own it. I lose 2 months of warranty, and gain close to 3k off of GMID pricing for a similar coupe.

For cars with a $7500 discount, they are technically sold as used since they have been titled to the dealership. The odometer on the one I want says 38 miles. I fail to see a problem, someone correct me if I am missing something before Monday.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:37 PM
4R27TH
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

That $7,500 discount looks great! My only question would be since the car is being sold as "used" does this staus surrender your rights under the Lemon Law?
Old 06-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Z06 L GO
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rothchilds
Your last sentance makes no sense. Regardless of whether the car was originally punched/sold to someone with a service date of 4/29, then sold to someone 6/29, the person who buys it on 6/29 is now the owner of record. It's not like the title is going to stay in the name of the company on the punch date of 4/29? Register the car with GM's website after purchase and you get all recall/safety bulletins sent to you.

I talked with Mike today as well, and will most likely be buying the LMB coupe with an inservice date of 4/29. He was very upfront and said essentially the cars were titled to the dealer as of that day, so that future allocations could be secured, as already posted in another thread. Whether that's Enron buisness or not does not effect the end user, only the dealer. If I buy the car tommorow, my name is on the title and I own it. I lose 2 months of warranty, and gain close to 3k off of GMID pricing for a similar coupe.

For cars with a $7500 discount, they are technically sold as used since they have been titled to the dealership. The odometer on the one I want says 38 miles. I fail to see a problem, someone correct me if I am missing something before Monday.
I think you have it right.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:10 PM
MAGRED2001VETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, since these vettes are already "sold" or "titled" to the dealership from 4/29/06...will the buyers that purchase a vette outright w/ cash receive a standard WI clear title like you would buying from a private party the same day you leave w/ the new vette? Just curious, I plan to come from TX and drive it back.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:58 AM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

I would assume so, but you would have to talk with Mike about that. I have no idea if title is on hand or it gets mailed to you.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:19 PM
jzd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California emissionsw

You might talk to Ron @ Random Lake, he indicated that on a new car, even though it has 50 states emissions, California requires an additional emissions. He also indicated that a used vette can be brought into California after it has 7500 miles and that you will be charged a one time fee of $300 plus dollars. Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:00 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by jzd
You might talk to Ron @ Random Lake, he indicated that on a new car, even though it has 50 states emissions, California requires an additional emissions. He also indicated that a used vette can be brought into California after it has 7500 miles and that you will be charged a one time fee of $300 plus dollars. Hope this helps.
jzd,

We have bought a few new Vettes out of state and have never had an issue and the Vettes we have purchased were not ordered from the factory with CA emissions. As long as it has the GM factory emission label under the hood which they all do, you won't have a problem. We have been through this many times.

You do NOT need an additional CA emissions tag and you DON'T need to wait until the car has over 7,500 miles on the odometer. You can access the California State DMV website and do a search for bringing a car into CA from out of state and you will find all the required info for what you need to do. Again, all GM vehicles from the 2001 model year are 50 state emissions legal cars.

If you have any questions, email me. Again, we have done it many times with no problems.

Shawn
Old 06-18-2006, 04:52 PM
C6 XPLOSVE
Advanced

I have been thinking of selling my C6 and ordering a 2007. I just can't live without the steering wheel audio controls! They are a life safer on my other cars.

Just wanted to say thanks to Shawn over at LAPD for answering my questions in regards to Ernie von Schledorn. I will be contacting them to order a 2007 C6 when I am ready.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:13 AM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RoscoesC5
I think this one is sold........

it is, someone put a deposit on it today while I was checking on transport

Any other dealers doing any wonderful deals on 06 coupes?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:09 AM
NevadaVette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it is, someone put a deposit on it today while I was checking on transport

Any other dealers doing any wonderful deals on 06 coupes?
Well, sorry dude, but you got what you deserved for wasting too much time listening to internet snivelers looking a gift horse in the mouth. Snivelers posing as buyers always have some moronic excuse about why they won't take advantage of a good deal but that usually means that they aren't real buyers because they don't have any money and don't want to admit that's the real reason.

With minor exception, the only person making a continuing contribution here with a 3 digit IQ here is Shawn, who is giving you the straight facts about bringing a C6 into California and the dealer.

The only reason not to buy a car there is if Wisconsin is inconvenient for you and you would rather pay more money elsewhere for the convenience or none of the cars are acceptable at any price. If not, go back and look at the list of cars and pick another one out before you blow it again. The next time you see a deal like that here, if ever, it will be on real leftovers. There are a lot of nice cars there and it will wind up costing you a lot of money to be a nitpick when you might wind up being pretty happy with something else ... or maybe you just don't have any money either!

Later, dude.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Foy Toy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Default how about roscoe?

ross, how about you? now that you are vetteless, surely you can pull the trigger on one of these great deals!
Or are you waiting for Eric to get in one of the first 2007 with the two tone seats? ( which I think are awesome)
Foytoy 2002 electron blue/ torch red 6 speed coupe
Foytoy2 2005 mag red/ebony auto coupe
Old 06-21-2006, 12:22 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NevadaVette
Well, sorry dude, but you got what you deserved for wasting too much time listening to internet snivelers looking a gift horse in the mouth. Snivelers posing as buyers always have some moronic excuse about why they won't take advantage of a good deal but that usually means that they aren't real buyers because they don't have any money and don't want to admit that's the real reason.

With minor exception, the only person making a continuing contribution here with a 3 digit IQ here is Shawn, who is giving you the straight facts about bringing a C6 into California and the dealer.

The only reason not to buy a car there is if Wisconsin is inconvenient for you and you would rather pay more money elsewhere for the convenience or none of the cars are acceptable at any price. If not, go back and look at the list of cars and pick another one out before you blow it again. The next time you see a deal like that here, if ever, it will be on real leftovers. There are a lot of nice cars there and it will wind up costing you a lot of money to be a nitpick when you might wind up being pretty happy with something else ... or maybe you just don't have any money either!

Later, dude.

Wow, who said I was nitpicking? You've got some major attitude towards a situation you know nothing about. I was in contact with Mike, had financing ready to go, and was checking on transport fee's/times as soon as Shawn gave me the info on non-ca cars. This was done in a 3 day period, and 2 of those were on the weekend. Another salesman sold the car while I was getting things figured out yesterday, it's not like I had my thumb up my A@@.

I'm pretty sure I did what I could to make it happen, but thanks for second guessing me on a post that started 7 days ago by telling me I dragged my feet and got what I deserved. Top class.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:18 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jzd
The $300 "smog impact" fee was eliminated several years back following a lawsuit against the state for infringing free trade.

As LAPD said, all Corvettes from 2001 on are CA legal, and have the appropriate smog labeling. My last two vettes were bought when we lived in San Diego - one in Memhis, and one in Minnesota. Neither were ordered with CA emissions, and both were registered with no problem. You WILL have to have the vehicle smogged prior to registration, but that's the only negative. $50 - no biggie!
Old 06-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Bruvette
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Roscoe- Nice grab
It wasnt to long vettless
Old 06-21-2006, 04:52 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RoscoesC5
Hi Ed..

Check out my new signature...

Ross....

I assume you got the one I was looking at, nice grab if you did
Old 06-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Z512GO
Racer

these cars have an in-service date of 4/29/06. I really don't see that as a detriment, losing 1 1/2 months of warranty vs. the savings they are offering. I have been in contact with Mike and he is very upfront and pleasant.

FYI these cars do not have CA emisssions packages on them, does anyone know if I can register in CA without the package?
all corvettes are 50 state legal according to Chevrolet.

Get notified of new replies

To $7000.00 Off All Remaining Corvette's

Old 06-22-2006, 12:53 PM
82katana
Intermediate

This is a quote from the California DMV website regarding buying out-of-state vehicles:

"California law prohibits importing and/or registering a new vehicle (one with less than 7,500 miles at the time of purchase) unless it meets or is exempt from California Emission standards. If you acquire a 49 state vehicle (vehicle manufactured for all states except California) from another state or country and do not qualify for one of the exemptions, you cannot register your vehicle and must immediately remove it from this state. You may purchase a One-Trip Permit to do so."

I guess if all Chevys are 50 State cars now, this would not apply.

Also, interestingly, its the miles when you purchase, not when you register. So my thoughts of driving around for a few thousand miles and then bringing the car to CA is out the window.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Calm1
8th Gear

Default 2006 LeMans Blue vert.

Hello,

Any chance of getting this vehicle with chrome wheels? Willing to accept a little less off if possible.

Lemans/gray/gray MXO,QG7,UE1,U3U,Z51,3LT $62,420.00
Old 06-24-2006, 06:56 AM
CubanMissile
Racer

No wonder there is a shortage of Xanax in the market. Sellers of used C6s bought them all!

Quick Reply: $7000.00 Off All Remaining Corvette's