Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

HRE 542's 18X10.5 & 19X12

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:00 PM
1998 GTR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HRE 542's 18X10.5 & 19X12

Set of 4 HRE 542 3-Piece High Polish Finish Wheels for Wide-Body C5. I'm also told these will fit the C6-Z06.

These were on my Specter Werkes GTR C5. One of the center hubs cracked, so I bought another set of wheels. HRE then contacted me and said that they had re-engineered their wheels and offered to replace ALL FOUR wheels centers. And I didn’t even buy the wheels from HRE – They were on the car when I bought it. So that tells you a little about HRE and their customer service!

In the process they called me and said that four of the wheel rim halves were slightly out of round (about .040”). So I had them replace all four. All wheels were also polished out by HRE. So while these are technically “used”, all the centers are new and half the rim sections are new, and the other rim sections were tested by HRE for trueness and ALL were polished to new condition. HRE did all work on the wheels, so the seals are all new as well. So these are basically new wheels, totally true, never mounted after I got them back from HRE, and in HRE boxes with factory packing.

These were on a Specter Werkes wide-body car that is 6” wider in the rear and 3” wider in front than a stock C5. I was running 285/35-18’s on the fronts and 345/30-19’s on the rear. So you would need either fender flares or a wide-body kit for these to fit properly. I'm told thye will also fit a stock C6-Z06. I don’t have the exact offsets (I can measure and PM if needed), but they do NOT require any tubbing or other modification to clear anything on the inboard side.

Wheel Sizes:

10.5 X 18” – Front
12 X 19” – Rear

Also included:

HRE Center Caps – NEW (2 Sets – One Green Set + One Red Set)
Chrome Lug Nut Set – NEW

These wheels are a little over $6,000 New from HRE.
See http://hrewheels.com/pricing/ for wheel pricing. Be sure to also look at the “Finishes” link for additional costs for the high-polish centers (+$165 each), and the “Accessories” link for the lug nut set and the extra set of center caps. TOTAL cost $6,032 + tax & shipping.

SAVE $1,500!!! $4,500 – Buyer pays shipping and PayPal costs.

Shipping weight is about 30lbs each. Shipped from Lafayette, CA 94549

Dave

Quick Reply: HRE 542's 18X10.5 & 19X12