Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

If you need a GMS Number

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:01 PM
0Reliablechevy
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If you need a GMS Number

I dont have the ability to give you one but now through the end of the month true employees of gm can assign one true gms discount which is good on almost all gm lines. If you need one post it here. Hopefully another one of the forum members can you send a reply and assist as they only have till thursday to help others out. And forum members usually help other forum members.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:27 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliablechevy
I dont have the ability to give you one but now through the end of the month true employees of gm can assign one true gms discount which is good on almost all gm lines. If you need one post it here. Hopefully another one of the forum members can you send a reply and assist as they only have till thursday to help others out. And forum members usually help other forum members.

Can a car be ordered by 7/31/08 with this promotion or is it only on instock cars? If the car has to be an instock car, is having the contract signed, with a deposit considered delivered or does the car have to be paid in full to the dealer by 7/31/08?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 03:30 AM
lkelliott
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default GMS Promotion

The promotion that will last until July 31, 2008 is only good for 2008 GM cars and trucks. Every active GM employee is getting an extra GMS certificate up to that date. The program is called “Employee Discount for Friends” and the only way you can get one is from someone who works for General Motors or GMAC. Luckily I know someone who works for GMAC and he is getting my GMS certificate.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lkelliott
The promotion that will last until July 31, 2008 is only good for 2008 GM cars and trucks. Every active GM employee is getting an extra GMS certificate up to that date. The program is called “Employee Discount for Friends” and the only way you can get one is from someone who works for General Motors or GMAC. Luckily I know someone who works for GMAC and he is getting my GMS certificate.
I believe you are wrong. I got a GMS number(had to supply my ZIP code and DOB to the very helpful GM employee who is also a member of this Forum). I do not work for GM. This morning I purchased a new(4 Miles) Z06, Cyber Gray with Ebony, NAV and Chromes. I gave Wes, at Reliable, my number and he put it into the system and then I had to verify my ZIP and DOB. MSRP was $80,015...GMS was $69,038 Reliable knocked off another $500 since they had the car in stock and added the $75 DOC fee to the trade in allowance on my 98 C5. I am extremely happy with the deal I got and the 1st class treatment I recieved at Reliable. It was a very pleasurable car buying experience.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:51 PM
kev1n
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoping to get one myself, if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:34 PM
0Reliablechevy
Former Vendor

the pricing is amazing for those regular retail customers ....keep in mind right now there are alot of specials out there ....but if you get the number now ...the number is good for six months. Find an employee and take advantage of this offer whether you buy it from me . ...or someone else. Does not have to be a corvette...malibu? cobalt? savings across the board.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

I need one of these as my son (just graduated from college) needs a new truck ASAP.

Thanks for your assistance.

Ron C!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Gmumd48
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a certificate

356fan@gmail.com

Thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
lumberdog
Instructor

Originally Posted by Reliablechevy
the pricing is amazing for those regular retail customers ....keep in mind right now there are alot of specials out there ....but if you get the number now ...the number is good for six months. Find an employee and take advantage of this offer whether you buy it from me . ...or someone else. Does not have to be a corvette...malibu? cobalt? savings across the board.
Is it also good on all 09's
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
0Reliablechevy
Former Vendor

I did just verify ....the id number must be processed by the dealer by july 31, .....i will honor on orders thru thurs . ..But i dont know if gm will reimburse me but I will accept the certificates even on orders ...may even do better Call us
Old 07-29-2008, 05:01 AM
lkelliott
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I believe you are wrong. I got a GMS number(had to supply my ZIP code and DOB to the very helpful GM employee who is also a member of this Forum). I do not work for GM. This morning I purchased a new(4 Miles) Z06, Cyber Gray with Ebony, NAV and Chromes. I gave Wes, at Reliable, my number and he put it into the system and then I had to verify my ZIP and DOB. MSRP was $80,015...GMS was $69,038 Reliable knocked off another $500 since they had the car in stock and added the $75 DOC fee to the trade in allowance on my 98 C5. I am extremely happy with the deal I got and the 1st class treatment I recieved at Reliable. It was a very pleasurable car buying experience.
If the dealer sold you the car at GMS pricing that's cool. Reliable Chevy is a forum dealer and does not have to sell you a Z06 at all with a GMS because Z06's technically is exempt from the GMS program. The dealer can sell you the car for free is they wish but I don't think GM is going to pay them back because they are exempt from the program. I am pleased as punch that there are so many dealers on the forum are selling any GM vehicle on their lot for less than GMS without an authorization. They are working the system some way to get the cars off of their lots and it seems that Chevy is going along with the dealers who are doing it.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lkelliott
If the dealer sold you the car at GMS pricing that's cool. Reliable Chevy is a forum dealer and does not have to sell you a Z06 at all with a GMS because Z06's technically is exempt from the GMS program. The dealer can sell you the car for free is they wish but I don't think GM is going to pay them back because they are exempt from the program. I am pleased as punch that there are so many dealers on the forum are selling any GM vehicle on their lot for less than GMS without an authorization. They are working the system some way to get the cars off of their lots and it seems that Chevy is going along with the dealers who are doing it.

I believe you are wrong. I had the GMS cert number and got the $80,015 Z06 for $68,538 bottom line. Wes had to put in the cert # and my ZIP and DOB. I had to sign a special form that only employees(or friends of employees using this special GM promotion) to verify that I was purchasing the car using the GMS cert. I believe that GM then gives the dealer a certain % of the MSRP, so they can make some profit, that dealers selling at "GMS" pricing, but not true GMS that is only available to employees, do not recieve. The special GMS promotion that ends July 31st is for ALL GM cars, including the Z06.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:21 AM
bluetorch83
Intermediate

Default Wife is looking to get a car... Need Certificate

Looking for someone to help get me a certificate so I can get the Malibu my wife is wanting to get. Can anyone help? DOB 3/24/83 Zip 65807 PM me if you can help.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:19 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bluetorch83
Looking for someone to help get me a certificate so I can get the Malibu my wife is wanting to get. Can anyone help? DOB 3/24/83 Zip 65807 PM me if you can help.
Hope you are able to get one. I was fortunate to read about the promotion early Sat. morning and was able to get a number by early Sat. afternoon from a CF member who is a GM employee.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
jabajet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am trying to buy a Sierra Denali TODAY!!! Can anyone help out with a certificate? Thanks.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
jxnvett
Heel & Toe

Please help....Local DLR has several 08 vettes in stock....Need GMS number to try to buy today.......thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 03:54 PM
0Reliablechevy
Former Vendor

08 VETTES I'LL SELL YOU ONE . . .at gms no pin needed and i'll go get you the car 866-78-chevy ask for wes

Get notified of new replies

To If you need a GMS Number

Old 07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
drlp02
3rd Gear

Default GMS Number

I am looking to purchase an Impala SS. Is there anyone who can help me get a GMS#? DOB-04/29/1976 and zip code is 65738.
This will be my first SS!!

Last edited by drlp02; 07-31-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 AM
StreetGame101
Racer

I would like to bump this because I am in the market for a new Vette. I currently have a few deals but to be at the number my bank wants me at for financing, I have to have the GMS number. A well known forum Chevy dealer told me its no problem, I just need someone to give me one. I've used them in the past but haven't bought anything new in a while so I'm a bit out of the loop. If any one can help me I would be so appreciative. Pm me to talk about it. If I wasn't in a bind with this deal I wouldn't be on here asking for the GMS number but here I am. I'm looking to do something ASAP so let me know.

Thanks a lot
Tom
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 AM
StreetGame101
Racer

Oh and by the way it took some searching to find this post so I didn't have to get into explaining what a GMS is.

Quick Reply: If you need a GMS Number