Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS 06 Vert loaded 7K $28,900

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:52 PM
vetteride4u
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FS 06 Vert loaded 7K $28,900

Getting ready to store for winter but decided to testing the waters! I have a Monterey Red, tan top and interior 06 convertible for sale with a previous salvage title. Car is completely loaded with 7,700 miles. It has auto, nav, heads up, heated seats, Z51, aluminum wheels, etc. I need $28,900! Feel free to email me at chris@coblentzhomes.com for pictures.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:15 PM
vetteride4u
Pro

Ttt
Old 11-24-2009, 03:52 PM
vetteride4u
Pro

+++
Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 AM
vetteride4u
Pro

###
Old 11-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

SALVAGE=4 letter word with 6 letters
Old 11-26-2009, 07:11 AM
atikovi
Racer

I'd have no problem with buying a car with previous salvage. Some of the best deals around. I'd all over this one if I didn't have a trade to get rid of.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 205 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer44
SALVAGE=4 letter word with 6 letters
Actually, 7 letters. But who is counting!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Ron C!
Actually, 7 letters. But who is counting!
Dam!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by atikovi
I'd have no problem with buying a car with previous salvage. Some of the best deals around. I'd all over this one if I didn't have a trade to get rid of.
Of course they are some of the best deals around, they are salvage vehicles.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:10 AM
2manyvetts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me for asking...

1. At what point is a car considered salvaged ---bad wreck/flood damaged?

1. Do different states have rules that govern when a car is to be salvaged or is it when an insurance company totals it?

Can you give us the backgorund of this vehicle?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2009, 08:56 PM
atikovi
Racer

Well, if your car is stolen and if the cops don't find it in a few days, you take the title to your insurance company and they cut you a check. If in a couple of weeks they finally find it, the insurance company takes the title to the DMV and gets a salvage certificate so they can sell the car. The car may be an undrivable mess, or it may just have a few dollars damage from when it was stolen. Thats why some theft salvage cars are great deals. After all you are buying a car, not a piece of paper.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:42 PM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value. This damage threshold may vary by state. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state.

. Thats why some theft salvage cars are great deals.
NOT all states participate. The following eleven states use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

If the vehicle is kept by its owner through a buy-back program, then the vehicle will retain a clean title. A properly restored vehicle is still safely drivable even if it is technically considered a total loss by an insurance company, particularly with older vehicles where even minor cosmetic damage would cost more to fix than the vehicle's pre-accident market value.

A salvage car includes any car that was stolen, in a serious accident, or flooded.

Here is an EXAMPLE of a "salvaged title" from Hurricane Katrina:
This IS NOT the OP's car:

Last edited by LBear; 11-27-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:38 AM
bjs100
Instructor

Originally Posted by LBear
A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value. This damage threshold may vary by state. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state.

NOT all states participate. The following eleven states use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

If the vehicle is kept by its owner through a buy-back program, then the vehicle will retain a clean title. A properly restored vehicle is still safely drivable even if it is technically considered a total loss by an insurance company, particularly with older vehicles where even minor cosmetic damage would cost more to fix than the vehicle's pre-accident market value.

A salvage car includes any car that was stolen, in a serious accident, or flooded.
]
Good info !

I once had an Explorer that I had gotten with a salvage title. Worked great for five years and had gotten it at a huge saving. However when I went to sell it it was not easy ..gave back some of those saving but I was still money ahead.

If the repairs were done right and you can see receipts and pictures of the work done, buying a salvage can get you a nice car at a great price !
Old 11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Well, if your car is stolen and if the cops don't find it in a few days, you take the title to your insurance company and they cut you a check. If in a couple of weeks they finally find it, the insurance company takes the title to the DMV and gets a salvage certificate so they can sell the car. The car may be an undrivable mess, or it may just have a few dollars damage from when it was stolen. Thats why some theft salvage cars are great deals. After all you are buying a car, not a piece of paper.
and the people who steal these cars, especially sports cars, NEVER drive them hard to the brink of blowing them up, that is why they are such great deals.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:55 AM
tngerman1999
Instructor

What was the extent of the damage? Was the frame affected in any way? Have pics of the repair work?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2009, 01:59 AM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Racer44
and the people who steal these cars, especially sports cars, NEVER drive them hard to the brink of blowing them up, that is why they are such great deals.

Only 11 states participate in the use of Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

If it is NOT one of the above states, then the car was wrecked and/or flooded to the point that damage to the vehicle was exceeded ~ 75% of its pre-damage value.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:51 AM
dobewillie
Race Director

Good luck with sale

Get notified of new replies

To FS 06 Vert loaded 7K $28,900

Old 11-28-2009, 07:28 AM
vetteride4u
Pro

Salvage cars are what they are. Most people buy them and drive them like any other car! You save about $10,000 on the vettes over the same car without a salvage. To some it is worth it to others it isnt!!

I have lowered to price to $27,900!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by LBear

Only 11 states participate in the use of Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

If it is NOT one of the above states, then the car was wrecked and/or flooded to the point that damage to the vehicle was exceeded ~ 75% of its pre-damage value.
oh that makes them much, much better vehicles to buy. I brought 3 salvage vehicles up to Canada from California, I know how a lot of these cars are repaired, and you don't want to know, or maybe you do. The amount of salvage/junked cars being brought out of the depths of hell is staggering! As one of the dismantlers/salvage brokers told me...it needs to be regulated as they were pieces of sh*t before they were repaired and they are no better after. Sure, some of them get fixed properly, but a very high % are butchered to make money. And when you finally sell this great deal you got, you are also selling it (if you can get a buyer) for basically pennies on the dollar.
To the op, good luck with the sale...been there done that, I will pass.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:52 PM
s2kvince
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's nothing wrong with salvage as long as you can inspect it beforehand. I'd be hesitant to buy one already repaired, but I've purchased wrecked cars before and saved a lot of money over a clear title example.

It's also better on older vehicles (>5 years old) since a minor fender bender will be enough to total it.

If a car is worth $30k-$40k, then it may have underwent some fairly major damage to be totaled. At the same time, I've seen C6 Corvettes at the salvage auctions with minor hits. It may have just cracked a few exterior panels and damaged headlights, etc. Since insurance companies get quotes directly from the dealer, this can add up to $15k-$20k despite being merely a cosmetic repair.

Quick Reply: FS 06 Vert loaded 7K $28,900