Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: Twin Turbo 2006 Z06 (Le Mans Blue)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

$50k take it?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Sure. I'll keep the engine and turbo kit though. =D
Old 08-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DSteck
Sure. I'll keep the engine and turbo kit though. =D
And thats why I love you!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

New wheels coming soon... *evil grin*
Old 10-16-2012, 12:51 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

Car has been verified at over 1000whp on pump 93 octane fuel. Original post updated.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
clekchaum
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

this car is crazy and perfect, you should keep it man
Old 10-16-2012, 05:53 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny but I get pm's on different days with people asking if I want to sell mine. I guess those are the ones that want to low ball such nice cars as this? Hmmmmm...
Old 10-16-2012, 07:44 PM
important
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

It was just picked up Tuesday to be detailed, and I could still hear the turbos whistling from a quarter mile away as he drove off.
You let a detailer drive away in this ride... That was nice/trusting of you.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

It's a beautiful an amazing car but as someone that has dropped $35K in to a modified engine myself, I assure you that mods add about .02 cents to the value of the vehicle.

Your car is basically worth a couple of grand more than a stock, clean 2006 Z06.

If you HAVE to have that sort of money out of it, 2 things: Don't ever go crazy modifiying a car again, and just part that thing out.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:29 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by clekchaum
this car is crazy and perfect, you should keep it man
I won't be sad about keeping it... That's for sure.

Originally Posted by BADZ
It's funny but I get pm's on different days with people asking if I want to sell mine. I guess those are the ones that want to low ball such nice cars as this? Hmmmmm...
Probably. It reminds me of people posting WTB threads for a mint condition low mileage C6Z for under $30k.

Originally Posted by important
You let a detailer drive away in this ride... That was nice/trusting of you.
I know him, and it's just a car (that's fully insured including mods). Screw it. Lol.

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
It's a beautiful an amazing car but as someone that has dropped $35K in to a modified engine myself, I assure you that mods add about .02 cents to the value of the vehicle.

Your car is basically worth a couple of grand more than a stock, clean 2006 Z06.

If you HAVE to have that sort of money out of it, 2 things: Don't ever go crazy modifiying a car again, and just part that thing out.
Let's get a few things clear.

First off, this car is not worth only a couple grand over a stock one.

I don't HAVE to have anything. I've stated that I do not need to sell it, nor am I actively trying to sell it. It's a case of "there's a price for everything". If nobody wants to buy it, I'll keep driving it and loving every minute of it while continuing to spend money on it. If I was actually worried about selling it and recovering money, I'd have taken the $65,000 cash offer somebody gave me. That wasn't enough to knock me off cloud nine though. As it stands, I have no need to unload the car which affords me the option to just sit around and see if this car is somebody else's dream car that they must have and don't mind paying for.

That said, let's stop the replies complaining about pricing. It's not your car, it's not your sale, and it's not your money, so keep it to yourself.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

THIS SUCKS DSECK!!! People want the built bad to the bone car and can always build it cheaper **** is for the birds You build something, you do it right, build it to last and that costs wayyyyy more than what people think. I could see if we were even asking half of the investment back. But at a 1/3rd of the price it just seems silly. But I assure you if you part it out there will be a buyer saying awww man I would've bought it for the price before you ripped it all apart as always. Theres gonna always be more dreamers than buyers bud. GLWS beautiful car! My offer of $35k still stands though J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

Bump. Ditched the Aeromotive fuel pump controller because it was intermittently shutting the pump down. I ended up doing my own with my own control logic to softly scale the pump with boost, instead of by RPM or an override like the Aeromotive does. The pump sounds a lot smoother too.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Falundir
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. Ditched the Aeromotive fuel pump controller because it was intermittently shutting the pump down. I ended up doing my own with my own control logic to softly scale the pump with boost, instead of by RPM or an override like the Aeromotive does. The pump sounds a lot smoother too.
There have been a ton of failures on the Camaro side. People are switching to Squash.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

People aren't setting the controller up properly because nobody knows how to do it and apparently nobody owns a freaking voltmeter. People also don't do proper filter maintenance with the new pump. My controller had shutoff issues from day one. The pump is solid though.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
crossram
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

No more offers on a post. If you are serious you will pm the offer. No more nonsense about how much the car is worth either. If what you are saying does not advance the sale of the car then you are breaking forum rules.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 AM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

LMBeast! Hang tight your buyer will be around soon. Nice job on the build and nice job being very candid about it. GLWS
Old 02-02-2013, 01:45 PM
99vetteran
Melting Slicks

Received 386 Likes on 308 Posts

Dave, that is one bitchin ride. Have you seen Daniel lately. I hope you get it sold, I could only imagine what you will do with a Cts-v or the new C7.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Twin Turbo 2006 Z06 (Le Mans Blue)

Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

Daniel as in Dan Finke? Haven't really heard from him. Been trying to get my 18x12s!

Thanks for the compliment. It's fun, no doubt. A V would probably get out of hand pretty quick haha. When I buy a C7Z, I don't imagine I'll do anything like this with it.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM
99vetteran
Melting Slicks

Received 386 Likes on 308 Posts

Yes as in Finke, I was there a few weeks back and he was telling me about your wheels. I have the red and black g8 with the supercharger north of columbia. Thought maybe I'd catch you up this way sometime at Daniels. Good luck on the sale.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:06 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Tech Contributor

Bump/update.

A few weeks ago, the slave cylinder blew out. I have an entire 4L80 conversion for it which will be going in shortly. That conversion includes a DSS heavy duty drive shaft, fully upgraded 4L80 (billet goodies), a Quaife differential, and a Coan triple disk stall (true stall of 3600). If somebody was interested, I could fix it and leave it as a six speed, but I don't see anybody jumping on it that fast.

The 4L80 swap will be unique in that I'm not using an aftermarket trans controller like everyone else. It will actually run off of a GM TCM, which means there will be torque management and brake stall functionality. I also did a custom shifter assembly which retains the ability to drop to manual 1 and 2, but uses the nicer A6 shift ****. It's all about attention to detail for me. I doubt you'll find another 80e swapped C6Z with the same features (like the ability to completely control the trans in HP Tuners).

Just to reiterate, I don't need to sell it. I just find myself barely driving it with two kids now. The Department of Child Services would probably get a phone call if somebody saw me carting around a two year old and a 7 month old in it. The ONLY trade I would consider is a 2012+ Opulent Blue CTS-V, black interior, fully loaded with an automatic plus cash.

Last edited by DSteck; 10-22-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: Twin Turbo 2006 Z06 (Le Mans Blue)