Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2006 Corvette Z06 / LeMans Blue / 157 Original Miles / Collector Condition

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 06:46 PM
fq-300
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

'C7, so knowing what I paid for the car means what exactly, lol. Not sure what point your trying to make, especially considering what I paid for it, what I put into it and with the additional extras the car come with the car, $35k is laughable to say the least. Go find yourself one for $35k that has the pedigree and mileage of this one. Wait, you can't that's why you haven't purchased one in over a year and are once again lowballing me, trying to obtain this one. My asking price is "LESS" than what I have into the car, so dumping it for some low ball offer is not going to happen. Not a chance...

I will hold out for the right buyer as MeHeartCorvette has said, as he obviously understands what the car is and represents. There are a "handful" of C6 Z06s out there with comparable mileage (sub-500 mile examples) and they are priced in the high $40s all the way to the $60s! None of which are LeMans Blue, which in many people's opinions is one of the premier, desired colors for the C6 Z06. Good luck. Patience is a virtue, and yes, after a year, I am still extremely patient. Take care 'C7 and thanks again MeHeartCorvette for the support.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:01 PM
`C7
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fq-300
'C7, so knowing what I paid for the car means what exactly, lol. Not sure what point your trying to make, especially considering what I paid for it, what I put into it and with the additional extras the car come with the car, $35k is laughable to say the least. Go find yourself one for $35k that has the pedigree and mileage of this one. Wait, you can't that's why you haven't purchased one in over a year and are once again lowballing me, trying to obtain this one. My asking price is "LESS" than what I have into the car, so dumping it for some low ball offer is not going to happen. Not a chance...

I will hold out for the right buyer as MeHeartCorvette has said, as he obviously understands what the car is and represents. There are a "handful" of C6 Z06s out there with comparable mileage (sub-500 mile examples) and they are priced in the high $40s all the way to the $60s! None of which are LeMans Blue, which in many people's opinions is one of the premier, desired colors for the C6 Z06. Good luck. Patience is a virtue, and yes, after a year, I am still extremely patient. Take care 'C7 and thanks again MeHeartCorvette for the support.
Knowing what you paid means I know you tried to flip it for a bunch more and you’re unsuccessful in doing so. I guess you put a lot into it since you bought it. SURE lol

When you’re done trying to make money off the car and truly want to sell it vs having it for sale for over a year at a dream asking price, someone will buy it. However, as I told you a year ago that you’re not going to get your asking price. Even if you lower your asking price a grand or two you’re still not going to get it.

I made a $39k offer a year ago. I made a $35k offer this year. See you in another year.

Last edited by `C7; 06-22-2019 at 07:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
z76232 (10-21-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 09:35 PM
poor-vette
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

pedigree
lol. see you in 2020
Old 06-22-2019, 10:27 PM
fq-300
Instructor

'C7, this Z06 is clearly not for you, so I am not sure why you intend to keep making yourself look like you're some type of pricing expert. If you were, then you would have had another sub-500 mile, mint gem in your collection, heck maybe even two if you are some type of high roller, as there are a few out there. But alas, you have not purchased one, not because you couldn't find one, but because you weren't sure how to talk someone down from their $50k+ asking price for the same car as mine. Let me guess, you didn't know what they paid for their examples, so that stumped you in regard to what to offer them. Wait, $35k out the door!

I'm not losing any sleep because I have not sold the car yet (dealing with flakes is part of the game and more funny than frustrating most of the time). I can set the price of my car wherever and however I see fit, not to appease you or the masses. If you are in the business of selling cars for a loss, then you might want to re-educate yourself. Just enjoy your "collection", as you seem to reference it quite frequently and just find yourself another C6 Z06 for $35k that's literally brand new and enjoy it as well. If you claim it to be that easy, then everyone will jump at your $35k offer. Email all the other C6 Z06 owners who have sub-500 mile, showroom examples and offer them $35k. You never know, someone might be desperate (or in need of a good laugh). I'm not desperate and I appreciated the chuckle. I wish you the best of luck.

Poor-vette, yes "pedigree". Look it up, you might learn something. Keep your non-productive comments out of my for sale thread.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:28 PM
Faste
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car is worth what he’s asking. He could’ve gotten the car for free, doesn’t mean he has to give it away for free.
fq-300 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 11:41 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

This thread has gone on so long I actually forgot the original asking price...Well, seems like a showroom condition C6Z.....Best of luck to the seller and potential buyer...
Old 06-24-2019, 01:56 PM
fq-300
Instructor

Lol. What's not surprising is another troll invading my for sale thread. Not even sure you know what both of those adjectives mean, or how they even apply to this for sale thread, but nice try. Funny you have someone who shares the same mentality as you "liking" your post, who also coincidentally finds nothing better to do than attempt to invade/crap on other people's for sale threads. Cute couple. I'll enjoy it for as long as need be. Thank you for your pointless contribution to my for sale thread. Enjoy the day!
Old 06-24-2019, 01:58 PM
fq-300
Instructor

Thanks Faste & zrc3john
Faste (06-24-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 01:29 AM
mefly2
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 198 Posts

Free bump for a fantastic machine offerred at a very fair price. I dont understand all the negatives and the "I would buy it if the color was... or if ..."
It is a superb example and a shame that the op has to sell it. I do not have the $$ to buy but I sure can appreciate it and see the value...maybe because i am almost 71 and have owned a variety of C2, 3, 4, and 6 Corvettes brand new from the dealer. This Z offerred here is as close to new as you will likely find anywhere.
GLWS
The following 3 users liked this post by mefly2:
fq-300 (06-25-2019), MeHeartCorvettes (06-25-2019), ZO6 cracker (06-27-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 PM
fq-300
Instructor

Thank you sir for the kind words, they are welcomed and appreciated. It truly is a remarkable car.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:02 PM
fq-300
Instructor

PMs replied.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:02 PM
poolhustler
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful Z …. I hope it finds a new happy home soon!!!
fq-300 (07-18-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 09:36 AM
TommyFox
Melting Slicks

Received 303 Likes on 210 Posts

Thank you sir for the kind words, they are welcomed and appreciated. It truly is a remarkable car.
What's the price as of today?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:10 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyFox
What's the price as of today?
If you have to ask —- you can’t afford it.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Danooch
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM Sent
Old 08-04-2019, 12:30 AM
fq-300
Instructor

PM replied.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:18 PM
UnknownLS7
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sir have made this entertaining. After a year its fun to see the logic pointed out that clearly is failing. The list of people waiting to buy this car at $3X,XXX is so long... Well it would seem the car is only worth what someone is willing pay I'd say. And no a 10+ year old car with 5 miles is not a new car, just isnt. I'm interested to see your offer next year. Kudos for your work sir.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Corvette Z06 / LeMans Blue / 157 Original Miles / Collector Condition

Old 08-04-2019, 01:48 PM
`C7
Advanced

Originally Posted by UnknownLS7
You sir have made this entertaining. After a year its fun to see the logic pointed out that clearly is failing. The list of people waiting to buy this car at $3X,XXX is so long... Well it would seem the car is only worth what someone is willing pay I'd say. And no a 10+ year old car with 5 miles is not a new car, just isnt. I'm interested to see your offer next year. Kudos for your work sir.
I have private messages dating back from over a year ago with him. He has had a lot of people post
in this thread and he will report any post that looks negative or sounds negative. He bought it to flip it and the market has gone down since he purchased it so he kind of waited too long and always kept the price so high it’s unrealistic. Which is why it hasn’t sold in over a year. He doesn’t have the title in hand and has a lien on it from when he purchased it from the old owner. He got a killer deal and will tell you he had to put money into it or is into it for a certain amount rather than just being honest and saying, I bought it to flip it and won’t sell it for any less than what he wants. Over a year ago he said, he wouldn’t ever sell it for under $40k and he has offers higher. He will now eat those words with the c8 release no one will ever hand him $40k+ for this car. He will have to wait 10-15+ years for the value to bottom out and then start to pick back up.

Also, to the original poster, this isn’t a spam post or being negative. I’m just being honest. I will offer you $35k all in cash or wire and then wait for you to release the title to me once you pay it off.

Last edited by `C7; 08-04-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:17 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by `C7
I have private messages dating back from over a year ago with him. He has had a lot of people post
in this thread and he will report any post that looks negative or sounds negative. He bought it to flip it and the market has gone down since he purchased it so he kind of waited too long. He doesn’t have the title in hand and has a lien on it from when he purchased it from the old owner. He got a killer deal and will tell you he had to put money into it or is into it for a certain amount rather than just being honest and saying, I bought it to flip it and won’t sell it for any less than what he wants. Over a year ago he said, he wouldn’t ever sell it for under $40k and he has offers higher. He will now eat those words with the c8 release no one will ever hand him $40k+ for this car. He will have to wait 10-15+ years for the value to bottom out and then start to pick back up.

Also, to the original poster, this isn’t a spam post or being negative. I’m just being honest. I will offer you $35k all in cash or wire and then wait for you to release the title to me once you pay it off.

A lien on a 15 year old car? Lol

the lack of title in hand and could also be hindering sale.

maybe he can’t take less because he owes more
Old 08-04-2019, 02:25 PM
`C7
Advanced

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion
A lien on a 15 year old car? Lol

the lack of title in hand and could also be hindering sale.

maybe he can’t take less because he owes more
On 6/22/18 he told me he had a lien on it which is shortly after he purchased it from the previous owner. So, unless he paid it off within a year, he may still have a lien on it. He should of taken my offer a year ago and it would have been sold for more than he could ever get now. No car sits for 1+ year for sale, ran on eBay, and other places and goes un sold. It all comes down to price. If it was priced lower he would start to get action and it would eventually sell if he dropped the price. It’s his car so he will just sit with it since he wants to make money on it and will eventually lose money when he does sell it. Stubborn guy and frustrating for anyone who actually wants to buy it at a realistic price.

you can see his pm below from 6/22/18 when he wrote to me.

Hello,

Based on all the traffic it has received thus far, with numerous "what will you take" or "what is the lowest you will go", the Z06 is priced fair right where it is at $45,900. Honestly, I was going to list it for a couple of grand more, as there is not another one like it anywhere, and people/enthusiast know this. I can do $45,500 for the Z06. It's the best of the best, period.

There is a lien on the car, so if you purchase it, it will be sold with a notarized bill of sale, until the title arrives. Once the title arrives, I will have it notarized and sent overnight express mail (on my tab of course), so that there is no delay in you titling and registering it yourself in your home state. Let me know, as I am receiving inquires daily on this Z06, from all over the country. It's going to turn into a bidding war before long. Thank you for the inquiry.

Last edited by `C7; 08-04-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: 2006 Corvette Z06 / LeMans Blue / 157 Original Miles / Collector Condition