Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: Floating offering my 07 Atomic Orange Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 08:20 PM
dhpeck
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm giving it a shot, car is listed in the FS section offered at $34K. Will see what happens. If I don't get my price, I guess I'll have to try and enjoy the car some more. - insert sarcasm.....
Old 09-02-2018, 04:54 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

heres my take on it and don't take it personaly. You have things going for you and against. Going- its a beautiful low mileage car in the right color (at least for me and that's a personal thing) You live in a northern area like me (UP of MI) that many buyers don't know about the head issue. Good chance you didn't know yourself when you bought it. That said the dealers do and used corvettes don't fly off the lot up here. Short season and a working class area. Many dealers who take them in trade end up shipping them south to sell. So I would expect a high dollar offer from a dealer. IMO your vet is a 35k car with the heads done. Remember your listening to vet owners here that want to think there own car is worth more. Heads are going to cost 3-4k to have done. Some will say you can get away without doing it but I know of only two c6 z's up here and both had engines fail and replaced under warrantee. If you really want to sell it your probably going to settle for around 32. You might hold off and get lucky and get more but I wouldn't hold my breath. The guys telling you that its worth 36 aren't selling cars. There owners who are proud of there car. Like was said color is a personal thing and doesn't really add value. Personaly I think cyber gray and AO are the two nicest colors but some don't agree. People get snotty on here when someone tells the truth. Bottom line is at least in this case you asked for opinions and got them. 35 is ALL the money for an 07z and if a buyer spends 4k on the heads and needs to sell it next year hes going to throw that money away because hes NOT getting 38-39k for it. If reality hurts and you don't really need to sell it, id keep it. You have one beautiful car there.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:35 AM
Blue Vert 91
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale
heres my take on it and don't take it personaly. You have things going for you and against. Going- its a beautiful low mileage car in the right color (at least for me and that's a personal thing) You live in a northern area like me (UP of MI) that many buyers don't know about the head issue. Good chance you didn't know yourself when you bought it. That said the dealers do and used corvettes don't fly off the lot up here. Short season and a working class area. Many dealers who take them in trade end up shipping them south to sell. So I would expect a high dollar offer from a dealer. IMO your vet is a 35k car with the heads done. Remember your listening to vet owners here that want to think there own car is worth more. Heads are going to cost 3-4k to have done. Some will say you can get away without doing it but I know of only two c6 z's up here and both had engines fail and replaced under warrantee. If you really want to sell it your probably going to settle for around 32. You might hold off and get lucky and get more but I wouldn't hold my breath. The guys telling you that its worth 36 aren't selling cars. There owners who are proud of there car. Like was said color is a personal thing and doesn't really add value. Personaly I think cyber gray and AO are the two nicest colors but some don't agree. People get snotty on here when someone tells the truth. Bottom line is at least in this case you asked for opinions and got them. 35 is ALL the money for an 07z and if a buyer spends 4k on the heads and needs to sell it next year hes going to throw that money away because hes NOT getting 38-39k for it. If reality hurts and you don't really need to sell it, id keep it. You have one beautiful car there.
I agree with everything said here, as a person who was looking for the right z06 , I already spent my money elsewhere, going through the headache of finding the right car and having everything line up right and I had the cash, it just wasn't in the cars and I feel like I have looked at about a 1000 cars since last december. Few people actually have the finances and or want the hassle, my advice is take the best deal you can get because as every second passes , they are falling in value. I bought mine with that in mind and only plan on holding the car for 3-5 years. Most people don't know this but the actual prices you see on ebay, maybe 5 % sell for those high asking prices. In particular are the collectible high dollar cars. Most of them do NOT sell.

Quick Reply: FS: Floating offering my 07 Atomic Orange Z06