Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2006 Corvette in Iowa - V3 T-Trim Supercharged / Cammed / 6speed - 10 second daily

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 05:40 PM
RlySlow
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2006 Corvette in Iowa - V3 T-Trim Supercharged / Cammed / 6speed - 10 second daily

$23k Firm. Do NOT need to sell at all. Rebuilt title. 62k miles. Get the important part out of the way that will drive most buyers away. Around 28k miles car struck a dot beam and damaged the passenger side. Was repaired very well.

Car is a driver. If it was a TA or something I'd say it's a 9/10. But just because it's a vette I'll say it's a 7/10. Has some paint chips in front. There's a spot as big as my thumb by the corvette logo on front bumper where clearcoat flaked. There is a tiny crack in wheel well of front driver fender that just barely wraps around. There is some scuffing on the targa top, not sure what from it's not the original top - the rear latch had an issue on the old one and I put off fixing it too long and it flew off and is now a winter sled. I bought my buddy's silver top off his same year/color c6 but it had the scuffing already. Then as to be expected - the bottom of the front bumper has scrapes as the car was VERY low for awhile and scraped a lot. Can't see it unless you're under the car anyway and it's cut on the underside for the intercooler anyway. Interior is decent but there is a small piece of plastic broken behind the passenger seat. Some wear marks on drivers seat mainly on bolster but no rips or anything. I poorly hydrodipped center console with carbon fiber in my bath tub and my tub is too shallow so the bottom sides didnt get a full wrap. People say it looks good but it's crappy. I still planned to re-dip it in a better container or just buy an 08+ console.

Only considering selling to pick up a friend's car. Which would mean putting this sale $+ going to the bank - which this c6 is paid off title in hand so I'm not necessarily in a hurry to be in debt on a fun car again but figured it'd be worth throwing up.

I bought the car last year in April with 47k on it. Had about 10k miles on the mods at the time which consisted of exhaust, btr stage 3 cam, monster clutch, and 100shot nos sniper setup.
I daily drove it through summer and my best track time was 10.77@129mph. In August I bought a used A&A V3 T-Trim blower kit from RaginRacing on here.
In November right before I planned to tear it apart to swap cams and install my blower - a lifter seized and trashed the bore in the stock LS2 and ruined the cam.

I picked up a black friday special deal on a thompson motorsports stage 2 forged 370ci. I found the monster clutch was toasted even though it shifted good so I bought a McLeod RXT twin disc new from texas speed.
I also had the flywheel resurfaced and I had the 243 heads cleaned and surfaced - and just for peace of mind I put in brand new texas speed dual valve springs/retainer along with new valve seals.
I got the car together in April and a few days before my tune with about 250 miles on the new motor/blower - the blower gears shredded despite fresh fluid and everything. So I sent it off to A&A who took it to Vortech and it was fully rebuilt and serviced.

Car setup now:
There is about 4,000 miles on these first mods. However only about 500-1000 miles since the blower has actually been on as most of the mileage was just driving highway to work and back and cruising while the headunit was off getting diagnosed and refurbished).
TMS Stage 2 Forged 370ci Shortblock - obviously everything else that goes with a fresh motor - all new LS9 headgaskets/front and rear main seals/new camshaft position sensor, new oil pan gasket, etc - so free from a lot of worries from old gaskets/seals.
243 Heads /w brand new TSP Dual Valve Spring/ Retainer / Valve seals
Smith Bros Trunion upgrade kit also done at the same time
McLeod RXT Twin-Disc
Resurfaced Monster 28lb Flywheel
Siemens 60lb Injectors
A&A Vortech V3 T-Trim Blower 3.8 Pulley - making 8psi (Headunit only has about 500~ miles on it as mentioned above) - It is a mostly complete kit however it did not have the spacers for the core support. I didn't want it to sit that low anyway so we just dropped the bar itself. This still wasn't quite low enough and I don't think the intake RaginRacing sent me was correct for a c6 - so we built a custom alumium pipe with enough bend to clear the radiator/hood. It's a unique setup that allows less scraping of the core support and the aluminum pipe is probably much better than the plastic intake.
LS3 Cartridge MAF & Harness Adapter
ATI Harmonic Balancer - Pinned Crank as well
EPP Brute Speed Blower Cam
Motion Catch Can

Just bought OEWheels C7Z06 replica in satin black and federal 595 RPM street radials for back. Can't remember fronts off hand. Tires are all essentially new still.

Rest of mods have about 15-20k miles on it including
Kenne Bell BAP /w hobbs switch (installed for blower)
TSP Longtube 1 3/4 Headers
TSP Y-Pipe
SLP Lm-1 Axleback.

Also has an aftermarket sony double din stereo that is a great upgrade from factory.

Car has literally not been beat on on the new setup/motor until now. I just yesterday finally got the car tuned so I had just been cruising it between work and back and putting around town.
Car was tuned on pump gas only by Shane Hinds. Car is making 8-8.5psi. Fuel system starts to max out at 6600-6700rpm so rev limiter has been set to 6500.
Shane is a well known tuner - and primarily does street tunes so I don't have a dyno sheet or anything but car is easily making around 600whp. It's a ton of fun on the street as it still hooks very well with street tires.

Main deal with the car is you're getting a fresh setup between motor/blower/clutch. The stock trans still shifts great. The diff makes no bad noises or anything. Trans has fresh Redline D4 ATF. Motor has only had the TMS recommended VR1 20w-50 ran in it. Car doesn't smoke or use oil. No leaks.

Mechanically sound fun supercharged car for 23k. 62k miles on the chassis now. 4000 miles on the motor with hardly any abuse yet being it only got tuned yesterday and I've done maybe 4 pulls since then. It will see the track in a couple weeks.

23k is with the new c7 wheels and street tires. 24.5k and I'll throw in the Weld s77's with hoosier slicks now on the rear and mt front runners.
Name:  3qbr3hs.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  90.2 KB
Name:  waZvptx.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  127.2 KB
Attachment 48347519
Attachment 48347520
Name:  xakUl8o.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1.23 MB
Attachment 48347522
Name:  kyOJP2l.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  2.23 MB
Name:  c7NBTRj.jpg
Size:  987.5 KB
Name:  8kCkWU7.jpg
Size:  66.6 KB
Name:  mIgXiTY.jpg
Size:  77.2 KB
Name:  KbAlTOM.jpg
Size:  119.1 KB
Name:  OIMrSV7.jpg
Size:  93.4 KB
Name:  KZfXDGG.jpg
Size:  84.5 KB
Name:  fNJtXsB.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  ZEeFekT.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  56.5 KB
Name:  i9lFwTT.jpg
Size:  261.8 KB
Name:  xmVDiTJ.jpg
Size:  280.6 KB
Name:  8zKnIUo.jpg
Size:  512.4 KB
Name:  tSrgmMq.jpg
Size:  73.2 KB
Name:  IHSytqA.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  126.0 KB
Name:  xujyWFe.jpg
Size:  105.3 KB
Attachment 48347538
Attachment 48347539
Attachment 48347540
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (08-13-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Jeff Monzo
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any intrest in selling the s77 wheels and tires? PayPal ready
Old 08-12-2019, 04:05 PM
RlySlow
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Monzo
Any intrest in selling the s77 wheels and tires? PayPal ready
I'd definitely sell them if the car sells but as long as I own the car I don't plan to get rid of them as I love the look + function if I find time to get it to the track again this year
Old 08-13-2019, 08:14 PM
CMPNS8N
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PMed
Old 08-14-2019, 06:32 AM
Ocalavette
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

sniff, sniff, sniff... smells like a great deal! good luck with sale

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Corvette in Iowa - V3 T-Trim Supercharged / Cammed / 6speed - 10 second daily

Quick Reply: FS: 2006 Corvette in Iowa - V3 T-Trim Supercharged / Cammed / 6speed - 10 second daily