Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2008 Corvette Z06 Victory Red 2LZ 1 Owner Nebraska

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 11:12 AM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

Location: Lincoln NE Riding and Driving Corvettes since 1967.
Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Default 2008 Corvette Z06 Victory Red 2LZ 1 Owner Nebraska

Corvette Forum Disclosure: This 2008 Corvette is not owned by me. I am helping the lady that owns this Corvette sell it for her. Her husband has passed and I am helping her sell off his Corvette collection. As per CF rules regarding selling a Corvette that is not owned by me: The lady is not computer savvy and definitely has never heard of Corvette Forum I feel this is a great place to find her husbands Corvette a new home. She does not want people coming to her house under the guise of being interested in the car just to later come back and rob her or take the car on a joy ride and never come back. I will be involved in the sale from start to finish with a buyer. I will be involved in handling any potential issues although I cannot see what that would be. I have a clear and signed off Nebraska title that can be transferred to a buyer upon deposit of certified funds into her bank account. The car is still titled and insured in her name. The original title that was in her husbands company has gone through legal probate, a death certificate attached as per Nebraska statue and a new Nebraska title issued in her name that will be signed over to the new buyer. I agree to be involved in any post sale dispute resolutions as per CF guidelines. The car is currently in my possession in Lincoln Nebraska and can be seen and test driven with 12 hours notice at my shop with my Corvette collection. My shop is in an industrial area that is semi friendly - close to Interstate I-80 through Nebraska and I can help assist the trucking company. I would prefer a buyer to fly in and I pick you up at the airport and you inspect the car in person prior to purchase. IF admin needs any more clarification, please let me know and I can update this listing.

NOW, on to the car. Purchased new on 6/24/2009 from Sid Dinsdale Chevrolet in Grand Island, Nebraska. Always stored in a heated/air conditioned Garagemahal with the other Corvettes in the owners collection in Lincoln, NE. The car has all GM required maintenance and service recalls performed and I have all service receipts from the local Chevrolet Dealership in Lincoln NE that has done the service work since it was new. The car is completely stock other than the addition of a $1500 Corsa 3083740 cat back exhaust. Not raced, not modified, as bone stock of an old man Corvette that you will ever find. Mostly driven highway miles back and forth to their vacation home. Original paint, non smoker, door sill, speaker grill and plastic carpet protectors have been on the car since new. Clear bra applied to the front, lower rockers, mirrors, front half of hood, etc. Interior is literally in brand new condition and has never been smoked in. Battery receipt is 4 years old, but was always kept on a battery tender in the garage. One photo shows the car in my play shop on the hoist getting an undercarriage and suspension clean and detail. Im an over the top perfectionist and the minor things that can be nit picked are some minor scratches to the bottom side of the rocker panel from driving over his driveway curb at the wrong angle. Left front wheel has very minor scratching to the chrome lip. Front lower gray plastic air dam has typical scrapes from driving into this steep driveway and has one one small crack. The front brake discs appear to showing a bit of wear. Were it my car, I would remove them and have them turned down and remove 5-10 thousandths and replace. They do not pulse or make noise, just look like they could use a freshen up. Overall, I keep telling myself this is an 11 year old car that was driven, not kept in a museum. With just over 3,000 miles per year, this car is still in amazing condition for its age. I can provide a full vin if you need it to run your own carfax. I have already run it and it only shows normal maintenance that I have the GM Dealer receipts for. Im happy to answer any more questions.

Option List:
LS7 7.0 505 hp engine w/ dry sump
FE4 Z06 performance package
CJ2 dual zone electronic climate control
J56 power braking system
MN6 manual 6 speed transmission
Q76 chrome Z06 aluminum wheels
U26 XM satellite radio
U3U AMFM Stereo CD/DVD navigation system
N37 power telescoping steering wheel
AQ9 adujstable sport bucket seats w/ leather inserts

MSRP $78,915.00

Service records indicate new front tires installed 3,000 miles ago and rears replaced 9,000 miles ago. Im here to answer any questions to help get this beautiful Corvette sold to a good home. I rarely check messages here on the forum so best to contact me directly either through email or phone. I can take more detailed photos of any area that you want to see pictures of.

Priced at $36,500 or fair and reasonable offer. My goal is to find a buyer and price that makes everyone a fair deal. I want the new buyer to get a good deal and I want the seller to get a fair but not dealer retail price. Let me know how I can help make this happen for you.

Bradhillhouse@yahoo.com
402 - Seven 3 Zero - 6898

Last edited by bigredbrad; 06-27-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-28-2019, 09:38 AM
RED2008Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How many miles does the car have???
Old 06-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

From my calculations this automobile should have roughly 33,000 miles on it.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:02 PM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

My apologies. Mileage 43,609

Old 07-02-2019, 08:14 PM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

$35,000?
$34,000?
$33,000?
$32,000?

Whats this Corvette worth?
Im a C3 guy not a C6 guy and only want to help her find a good home.

Put it on the money for me guys.

Thanks,
BigRedBrad
Old 07-02-2019, 10:07 PM
MeHeartCorvettes
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Well, seeing that you asked for feedback, I’ll share my thoughts. For a car with 43K miles, the car appears to be in very good condition (from the pictures). Pride of ownership is evident, so that should help fetch a decent price. You mention that you’re “not a C6 Guy”, so maybe you’re not familiar with the infamous valve guide issue that is (relatively) common with the C6 Z’s 427 powertrain. Many perspective C6 Z06 buyers (myself included) are looking for cars that have already had the heads addressed. However, for every buyer that is looking for a car with the “fix”, there are also buyers looking for cars in stock / unmolested form. While 43k miles is not “high mileage” by any stretch, I would consider it to be a driver. My thoughts are that perspective buyers of a “driver” or higher mileage Z’s in general will be looking for cars with the heads already having been addressed. In general, I think buyers looking for “stock” cars will be seeking lower-mileage examples for collectibility. Again, these are my thoughts / opinions and I’m speaking in generalities.

So, what do I think is a fair price? Frankly, if I were in your shoes, I’d probably start right around your asking price. If you are lucky and find the right buyer, you may get near a full price offer. However, if you’re looking for a “quick sale”, I think you’re going to need to be in the $32,500 neighborhood. Again, this is my opinion only, and as I’ve been searching these forums daily in search of the right Z (for me), that’s where I’m seeing similar cars trend. If you’re not in a hurry, I wouldn’t budge much and hope for a stronger offer.

As an aside (and not exactly an “apples to apples” comparison as it’s a different year/trim level etc), I was watching Barret Jackson over the weekend and a 2010 Grand Sport with 23K miles rolled across the auction block. This car had an aftermarket package installed by Hennessey (their 650 HP supercharged package). Anyway, trying to do some quick math in my head based on what the car was worth (stock) plus the cost of the modifications, then backing out some depreciation (as you never recoup the cost of modifications when you sell), I figured the car would easily fetch upper $30’s if not $40K. My jaw about hit the floor when the hammer dropped at $31K! I imagaine a very happy buyer, and one bummed out seller. Moral of the story, I think prices right now are soft in general, and if I had to attribute it to anything, I think the anticipation of the C8 is driving down demand for C7’s, leading to some really aggressive pricing. In turn, values of C6’s may also be feeling the pinch? Just a theory. Again, one mans thoughts and I hope it’s helpful. Best of luck with the sale!
The following users liked this post:
bigredbrad (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 10:31 PM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

MeHeart -

thank you for the response and insight. I too watched BJ at Mohegan Sun over the weekend and saw several extremely well done C3's bring salvage pricing. While all the talk of the weekend was the last C7 that we all know R.H. was going to buy, I thought there were some good buys to be had. Of course, having gone to plenty of auctions myself, I do know that they always look better under the lights than they do in real life, so the cars I thought were steals, may have actually been on the money. Its a rare thing to find a steal at the auctions as I know that dealers aplenty are there and will snap up anything that has 5 cents of room left in it.

I am not trying to get "top dollar" out of this Corvette, Im trying to find a fair price for her and for the buyer as well. This is the last of 5 Corvettes in her husbands collection and the hardest one to sell since he had purchased it new and had planned to give it to his only son. Sadly, the son is not interested in cars, let alone Corvettes and it is time to find it a good and caring home so she knows it is in good hands. I agree, if I had started at $26,500 instead of $36,500 I would have received offers of $20,000. That is how it goes. I did research of other cars and found others higher and lower in price and I guess no one can hit a car within $100 so I had to start somewhere. I have had 3 offers from dealers on the car at $29500-$31000 in the past 3 days, and if it comes to that, I suppose she will take one of those offers. I am trying to find an end user that I can tell her is taking care of her husbands baby, not just someone thats going to throw it on the front row of a used car dealership.

Regarding the heads, I have read about that, but from talking with the local Chevrolet dealer, they have said it is hit and miss and also depends a lot on how the car was driven. I have deep 1968-9 427 knowledge, not 2008 7.0. I guess I need an educated buyer to come see the car, drive it, and make a fair offer and I will do my best to make it happen.

Thanks again, and i hope that someone reads this and thinks this car is the right one for them.

BigRedBrad

p.s. I do know Corvettes, just not ones with computers! One of my C3's at Indy.
1968 L71 427/435 Bloomington Gold, NCRS Top Flight & MCACN Triple Diamond

The following 5 users liked this post by bigredbrad:
EuroPete (07-07-2019), Hardrvin (07-04-2019), KombatKing (07-08-2019), MeHeartCorvettes (07-03-2019), Scarlett-73 (07-03-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 11:02 PM
cschmitt
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still for Sale

Hi...is the Z06 still for sale? Thanks in advance...

Christopher

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 Corvette Z06 Victory Red 2LZ 1 Owner Nebraska

Quick Reply: FS: 2008 Corvette Z06 Victory Red 2LZ 1 Owner Nebraska