Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTT: C6 Z06 street/track feeler

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 02:10 PM
jkduty
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default C6 Z06 street/track feeler

Hello!

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 with ~ 60k miles, that I bought off of a fellow Corvette Forum member several years ago, and have slowly turned it from a show car into a reliable HPDE track car. However, I feel it is too nice to push as hard as I'd like to on the track, so I've been considering selling it to buy a dedicated track car and/or a more comfortable GT style touring car. Ideally I would love to replace it with an Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 speed manual for the street and a Radical SR3/Ariel Atom/sports racer for the track. Although budget and timing permitting, there are also other interim vehicles I would entertain, like an SL55/SL63 or other comfortable street car/custom cruiser, and any number of other caged track vehicles (Spec Corvette??) or sportbikes. The values of the C6 Z06 with the naturally aspirated 427 engine and manual transmission are starting to come off the bottom of their depreciation curve, so now is a good time to get it the market if you have been interested, and looking for a car you can drive and enjoy. I would rather sell to an enthusiast like myself who would plan to take the car to the track a few times a year, and enjoys spirited drives through the mountains, where this car absolutely shines. With 3 young kids, I have only managed to put a couple thousand miles a year, including a few HPDE level 1 events, so it pains me to see the car just sit covered in the garage most of the time.

The previous owners (tjd113, mspell, shlagher) added the later model carbon fiber interior panels, upgraded all the leather (seats, steering wheel, visors, door panels, etc) and added yellow stitching, paint matched all of the under hood components, and more. I took this pristine car and then had the heads addressed and added a road course spec camshaft and other supporting mods to lay down 578 rwhp and 532 ft lbs. I then further improved any area of the car to inspire more confidence on the track, like Sparco racing seats and 6 point harnesses, AP Racing brakes and cooling ducts, Pfadt coilover suspension, adjustable swaybars, AMT camber kit, extended and reinforced splitters, vented hood, diffuser, etc, etc. I have all of the stock components so the car can be returned to near showroom appearance and performance if desired. I also have a low profile 2020 17' trailer and many spare parts (hood, brakes, wheels, tires, etc) that could all be negotiated into a turnkey package deal. Per forum rules, I value the car in it's most basic configuration (i.e. most track mods parted out) about $38k or with everything included (trailer and all spares) about $50k. I would be willing to meet anywhere in the middle, or trade up or down, depending on the offer(s).

I am a Senior Mechanical Engineer by trade and am very meticulous with my vehicles, so I have all the records, photos, and data you could imagine. So please let me know if you have any questions or recommendations!

Thanks,

John

Photos from recent Charity HPDE at VIR this past Memorial Day weekend:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a39n5dc2h...GJ8Hhwlva?dl=0

Photos from a few years ago at Track Night in America at Charlotte Roval showing more traditional OEM aesthetic:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ttxjs8sn...lv3rpoqma?dl=0

Last edited by jkduty; 07-22-2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added pricing
Old 07-27-2021, 10:34 AM
Dig581
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great deal ! Looks nice
The following users liked this post:
jkduty (07-27-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 07:19 AM
salty3123
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Beautiful car! Do you have any interior photos and engine bay photos? Can you give me more specific info on what's been done to the car? Feel free to PM me your info or email me at my username@gmail.com.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:04 PM
jkduty
Racer

Originally Posted by salty3123
Hi,
Beautiful car! Do you have any interior photos and engine bay photos? Can you give me more specific info on what's been done to the car? Feel free to PM me your info or email me at my username@gmail.com.
Thanks! If/when I really try to sell the car I would take professional photos, but here is what is on my phone. I would be glad to do a Facetime/video walkaround as well.

Old 08-05-2021, 06:40 PM
ygto1
Drifting

Received 721 Likes on 414 Posts

Sent PM.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:49 PM
jkduty
Racer

PM's and emails replied.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2022, 09:52 PM
jkduty
Racer

The car is out of its winter hibernation, has a fresh Mobil 1 0w40 oil change, complete nut and bolt checkover, and ready for whatever you want to throw at it! Title in hand and ready to go, but will continue to be enjoyed as time permits until the right deal comes along 😁

The following 2 users liked this post by jkduty:
HawkeyeGeoff (03-25-2022), ygto1 (03-23-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 09:36 PM
HawkeyeGeoff
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested in a Track Prepped 2001 S2000 + Cash? High end parts on it, ~85k on unopened healthy engine, Clean title, 10/10 vin panels (trunk lid is in storage, the one with the wing is a junk yard pull to drill into). Been extremely reliable for me and is very much track focus built.

I cannot PM yet, but if you have any interest just respond to this and we can set up another way to communicate or hit me an email at geoff.holbein@gmail.com

GM Engineer owned vehicle; located in Commerce Township, MI.

Here's a video of it scooting around our local grassroots track as well in it's current form:

No hard feelings if it isn't your thing, but just throwing it out there! Thanks!

Last edited by HawkeyeGeoff; 03-25-2022 at 09:49 PM.
jkduty (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 04:29 PM
jkduty
Racer

Thanks for the offer, and I have sent you an email. Good to know it's engineer-owned!
Old 05-20-2022, 10:01 PM
bananabun
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jkduty
Thanks for the offer, and I have sent you an email. Good to know it's engineer-owned!
Is your C6 still for sale? Just sold my BMW track car, and have been looking for something more fun.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:51 AM
jkduty
Racer

Originally Posted by bananabun
Is your C6 still for sale? Just sold my BMW track car, and have been looking for something more fun.
It is! Fully prepped and ready for whatever! In fact, I'll be running at Road Atlanta on Monday with Racing for ALS. Feel free to PM with any questions. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2022, 09:04 AM
bananabun
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jkduty
It is! Fully prepped and ready for whatever! In fact, I'll be running at Road Atlanta on Monday with Racing for ALS. Feel free to PM with any questions. Thanks!
Seeing that I created my account here just yesterday, I cannot PM you yet. Are you able to share your phone or email by message? If not, pls suggest an alternative way to get in touch. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2022, 11:51 AM
jkduty
Racer

Originally Posted by bananabun
It wont let me send you a PM, but feel free to email or text at:

Johnduty2athotmaildotcom

Nine80seven21five595

bananabun (05-21-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 street/track feeler

Quick Reply: WTT: C6 Z06 street/track feeler