Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 03:27 PM
vettsh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (vettewntd)

I'd love GMS pricing too and since I won't be in the market for a c6 for about a year or two (hopefully 1) I hope it is available by then.

It is available NOW - just find a dealer. Contact some of the smaller dealers that are just happy to sell a Corvette at all. The big dealers are not the way to always go. I have two dealers willing as soon as they can place an order. You won't be one of the first - but you won't be paying the high prices either!

See note I received to an email I sent to the Chevrolet division -

"As far as we know, the Corvette is included in GMS pricing, however it is up to the individual dealer as to whether or not they will honor GMS for a particular vehicle. Please check with your local dealer for further information."

[Modified by vettsh, 2:29 PM 7/2/2004]
Old 07-02-2004, 03:46 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (vettsh)

Woohoo!!!! I found a dealer (happens to be 3 miles from me) that is going to honor my GMSupplier discount!!! I don't know why I didn't pick up the phone myself...I guess because I figured if someone would accept the discount pricing, it would be all over these forums.

I will let everyone know AFTER my order is officially placed who my dealer is with their contact info. *Note, my order is not officially placed. After I get back from the dealer tonight, I will confirm that they are in fact going to accept the GMS pricing*

I'm also curious as to how many people on these forums are looking for a dealer that will honor GMS. I'd like to tell this dealer when I go in that I would be able to bring in XXX number of buyers for the C6 @ GMS.

If you are, reply with a "Hell yes, I would buy a C6 @ GMS and TheAccuser is super cool!"

Old 07-02-2004, 03:56 PM
kwagner
Instructor

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (TheAccuser)

Hell YES!!!! I've been looking for months. This is my thread!!!

Woohoo!!!! I found a dealer (happens to be 3 miles from me) that is going to honor my GMSupplier discount!!! I don't know why I didn't pick up the phone myself...I guess because I figured if someone would accept the discount pricing, it would be all over these forums.

I will let everyone know AFTER my order is officially placed who my dealer is with their contact info. *Note, my order is not officially placed. After I get back from the dealer tonight, I will confirm that they are in fact going to accept the GMS pricing*

I'm also curious as to how many people on these forums are looking for a dealer that will honor GMS. I'd like to tell this dealer when I go in that I would be able to bring in XXX number of buyers for the C6 @ GMS.

If you are, reply with a "Hell yes, I would buy a C6 @ GMS and TheAccuser is super cool!"

Old 07-02-2004, 04:49 PM
C7Dave
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd definately be interested in that. Let me know if he would take my GM supplier discount also.

Old 07-02-2004, 04:56 PM
vettewntd
Instructor

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing. (the_san_man)

I'd definately be interested in that. Let me know if he would take my GM supplier discount also.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:37 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Just wanted to let everyone know that the dealer selling to me @ GMS fell through....bastards just trying to get me into the dealership I think. They tried selling me an 04 for $10K off.....I was like what the F!?!?!?

Typical...
Old 07-07-2004, 03:05 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a dealer in MI that will let know next if they let me get a C6 Vert/GMS. Stay tuned.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:23 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Default Re: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.

Okay, so I think I have definately found a dealer that will place my order at GMS. Here is what they said (and this was confirmed with the manager of the dealership):

They are going to place my order for the car that I want. They are not requiring any money down. When the car comes in, if they have not yet received the GMS pricing then they will keep the car. If they are able to obtain GMS pricing (which I am sure they will...it just has not been officially announced from GM (the dealer called GM and they verified that there will be GMS pricing, but the exact number is not available yet)).

So, basically I told the salesman over the phone the exact options that I wanted including the order codes. I am going to drive there this weekened (it's about 1 hour away) to confirm that everything is correct.

This is definately a win-win situation for me. I don't have to put any $$$ down on the car, and if the GMS pricing falls through...I am not commited to the car. I will keep everyone updated.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:31 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Glad to here it/Congrats, I hope I get a Dealership to do it too!(GMS)
Old 07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They should already have GMS pricing since it came out on the same document as the rest of the prices. As you can see here http://www.z06fest.com/price.htm
Old 07-08-2004, 05:13 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

What about Supplier pricing though? Is it a standard % higher than employee pricing? Is it the same? I'm a little confused about that.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die

Yes it's a standard precentage higher. But don't remember what percentage. With supplier you do have to get a coupon from GM.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:39 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

I do already have the paperwork from www.gmsupplierdiscount.com
Old 07-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

You say that you found a dealer that will do GMS for you. Then you say that you have the paperwork for supplier. Does this dealer known that you are only entitled to supplier and not GMS? If he thinks you are entitled to GMS and finds out later you're not I will almost guarantee you that he will balk on the deal. GMS and supplier are two totally different programs.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:48 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie
You say that you found a dealer that will do GMS for you. Then you say that you have the paperwork for supplier. Does this dealer known that you are only entitled to supplier and not GMS? If he thinks you are entitled to GMS and finds out later you're not I will almost guarantee you that he will balk on the deal. GMS and supplier are two totally different programs.
I just got off the phone with the dealer, and confirmed that I do have GM Supplier and not GMS. He repeated back to me, and I quote, "GMS is a direct employee of GM. You have Supplier which will be a couple thousand more than GMS.", end quote.

I was very glad to hear him say this because I know I've confused the terms GMS and GM Supplier....simply because GMS could stand for GM Supplier.

So, basically, I am ordering the car to my specs on Saturday which is 100% loaded Triple Black Vert. I will have an order number. I will not have to put any $$$ down, and provided that Supplier pricing is available when the car is delivered to the dealership I will drive away with a great car at an incredible price.

I'd like to hear some feedback from other people trying to find dealers to work with you at the Supplier price.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:11 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Default My vert order!

My triple black vert order is being put in on Monday, and at GM Supplier pricing!!! The dealer won't have the exact supplier pricing until he gets the invoice, but who cares!?!? We both agreed that it should be a couple thousand more than the GMS pricing.

Here is what I ordered:

1YY67 Corvette Convertible

Option Packages

1SB Convertible

Options

CM7 Pwr convertible top
Z51 Perf handling
U2K XM
U3U AM/FM CD with DVD Navigation
F55 Magnetic Ride Control
MN6 6 speed
QG7 Polished Wheels

GOD I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 07-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

There's on way you can order Z51 and F55 together it's one or the other.

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.

Old 07-11-2004, 03:59 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie
There's on way you can order Z51 and F55 together it's one or the other.
Uh oh....well, this is a VERY small dealer. I'll make sure and call on Monday and straighten it out.

What do you guys think is a better option?
Old 07-12-2004, 04:48 PM
adolph
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TheAccuser
Uh oh....well, this is a VERY small dealer. I'll make sure and call on Monday and straighten it out.

What do you guys think is a better option?
Are you sure this dealer has an allocation? It sounds to me like he maybe using you to get a car, your quote of a "couple of thousand" more than GMS may not be correct. I am no expert on GM pricing, but this does not sound right.....

As for which is better, I went with Z51 on my 03.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:26 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Originally Posted by adolph
Are you sure this dealer has an allocation? It sounds to me like he maybe using you to get a car, your quote of a "couple of thousand" more than GMS may not be correct. I am no expert on GM pricing, but this does not sound right.....

As for which is better, I went with Z51 on my 03.
Yes, the dealer has allocation. Dealer called today to inform me that my order was successfully entered. What is the next step? Wait for GM to accept it and then get an order number at that time? When is the first time I can get a status code on my order?

As for Supplier pricing, how has it been priced on the C5 compared to GMS, Retail, and Invoice? Anyone have number from 2004? Or any other year for that matter?

Quick Reply: Wanted - C6 Dealer willing to accept GM GMS pricing.