C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS exceeds my expectations again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:49 AM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

1200cfm - wonder what that translates to in bar on a stock setup?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 AM
JFijolek
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Numbers------ E N J O Y
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 AM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, she must be a real beast now!!! Your numbers are ridiculous.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Medriver99
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Default ECS Supercharger

Originally Posted by knkali
i dont mean to hijack so if this needs to be moved or pm'ed please do so. To the original poster: Why did you go with Novi?

I did a lot of research between units, I am not bashing either one but for me the deciding factor was Not having to change the oil , with a special oil in the head unit. The Novi is plumbed into the OEM system,
no maintenance.I also heard of belt slippage on others
unless you had a custom bracket made.
Power in the low RPMs is not an issue I can smoke the tires in 1,2,3 gear easily.Popular?
Mine is not that loud if you know what to listen for you can hear it. CARB?
Call Chris or Doug at ECS 609-752-0321
Talk to them, they dont mind answering any of your questions. Great service.

Hope I answered your questions.
Mike

What is the dif between Vortech and Novi?
how does the Novi get its oil?
which makes power in the lowest rpm range?
which is most popular?
which is most quiet?
any one CARB EO'd?
Mike
Old 04-25-2007, 09:01 AM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Good points. I too had a little debate with a fellow power junkie in respect to RWTQ.

My point was I could not understand why on a stock driveline and daily street tires 550RWTQ would be a "good" thing. He argued over-and-over that he preferred the lower band of TQ. I see it as great for spinning tires and wasting tons of rubber - but in the real world a flat linear TQ curve that just keeps on pulling is what makes for fun and useable power.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponchorello
I cant wait to get mine. I called today and go the price and its hard not to pass it up. Hopefully in a couple of months, i get to join the ranks of satsfied ECS customers.
Thanks for calling

Originally Posted by valdeztke
I've still yet to be explained the difference between the NOVI 1500 and the 2000.

Great looking numbers! I bet she's a HOOT to drive.

Doug - I did get in touch with Chris. Thanks

Is there a "large" difference with this kit when headers are added?

The difference between the 1500 and 2000 is it's flow and size, we do not easily have the room for the 2000 in the C6 so we stayed with the 1200 and 1500 Novi. We can easily power a nine second car with the 1500 so we were not to concerned.
The difference with headers is roughly 25-30 rwhp when you are in the 500rwhp range, when power goes higher, the percentage gains from headers goes with it. One thing to keep in mind is that when the build is on a stock bottom end, that is the limiting factor, not the headers or cam etc.
For example, Medriver's car is bone stock at 543, yet Willfast has a cam and headers and is just under 600rwhp. I could make drasticly more power with Willfast's car but I have to tone it down to keep it together. 600rwhp is my cap on a stock bottom end unless the customer request, and understands the possible consequences, of going higher.
We have another forum member (SalVitale) that wants to do a forged bottom in the near future, so we simply removed his restrictor plate and his bone stock c6 put down 627 rwhp without alky. Lets just say, the power is thoroughly used without any engine issues, but that is pushing it in my opinion for a stock bottom end.
Now for the difference between when you would want the 1200 or 1500...I think I might start a different thread on that since it is the most asked question.

Originally Posted by Pio
Congrats on the numbers!!! I love FI - the power is seamless and linear. Wonder why more people don't do it.

Enjoy your ride!!

Originally Posted by willisfast
Thanks Doug took a few for rides and they love it.

Originally Posted by knkali
i dont mean to hijack so if this needs to be moved or pm'ed please do so. To the original poster: Why did you go with Novi?

What is the dif between Vortech and Novi?
how does the Novi get its oil?
which makes power in the lowest rpm range?
which is most popular?
which is most quiet?
any one CARB EO'd?
The two units are very similar basically,
Although there are differences, for instance Paxton housings are billet compared to cast. I have viewed them as the difference between Chevy and GMC since they are both owned by the same parent company. Both are great products, but GMC's have a few more bells and whistles.
-both Vortech and Paxton are fed by the engine oil, which is nice because it eliminates maintenance.
-with our restrictor plate design that comes with our base package, we have increased low end torque substaintially over our competitors.
-"most popular" I doubt it since we do not advertise as aggressively as other kits, although our past performance has proved that we are most popular with the faster supercharged cars.
- the Vortech SQ head unit is comparable in noise (or lack of) I'm not sure on it's flow rated though.
-both head units have carb ratings, we have not carb rated our kit with it though, but we have sold many kits in CA so they must be getting passed somehow.

Originally Posted by valdeztke
1200cfm - wonder what that translates to in bar on a stock setup?
On the base pulley and removing the restrictor plate we see around 12lbs at stock red line. With a smaller pulley it will make enough boost to blow a stock motor to pieces. If your going forged we upgrade to the 1500
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Congrats Mike, car must be so much fun to drive with an extra 200hp at the wheels!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
salvitale
Advanced

627 is holding strong, maybe we should raise the boost some more
ECS all the way!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 PM
valdeztke
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by salvitale
ECS all the way!
Man of few words let us know when she decides to go on ya!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:26 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by salvitale
ECS all the way!
Slow down Sal!

when the forged engine goes in it, it will be a whole other ball game, but for now... lets just say dropping it back off for alky was a good idea.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
PaiN00FRC
Advanced

I've had several conversations with Chris over the last few days. ECS has been really great about answering my questions.Doug hit alot of them here too.

I will eventually go forged, but probably not for a couple years. Initial install will be just the kit and headers. Hoping to get a good 500rwhp- 550rwhp.

Hope to be calling to order later today or tomorrow .

Larry
Old 04-27-2007, 11:37 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by PaiN00FRC
I've had several conversations with Chris over the last few days. ECS has been really great about answering my questions.Doug hit alot of them here too.

I will eventually go forged, but probably not for a couple years. Initial install will be just the kit and headers. Hoping to get a good 500rwhp- 550rwhp.

Hope to be calling to order later today or tomorrow .

Larry
Thanks Larry,
No problem on your rwhp goals, that I can guarantee!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Medriver99
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Larry "Hope to be calling to order later today or tomorrow " .

You won't be sorry

Mike

Quick Reply: ECS exceeds my expectations again!