C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost clutch hydraulic line on APS twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Rick Voss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lost clutch hydraulic line on APS twin turbo

I was just pulling into may drive way and depressing the clutch when “snap” the pedal drops to the floor and stays there. The vehicle is a 2006 vert APS with 5,500 miles. The turbo’s were installed at 3,100 miles.
I checked the clutch master and it was empty. I added a little fluid and it immediately leaks out, on the driver’s side, until I can get underneath the car I will not be able to see were the leak is. I looked in the shop manual, and it appears the line goes from a metal line, to a rubber flex line, and then back to metal were it inserts into the clutch slave or actuator. My guess is the rubber portion of the line couldn’t deal with the heat of the left side turbo, which is not far away. The line is wrapped with a foil heat guard wrap from APS. A clip holds both ends of the line in. I have two questions:
1) How hard is it to get to the actuator to remove the line?
2) Does any body know of a replacement line that is braided stainless so it can withstand the heat and prevent this from happening again?

I know this also happened to another forum member from I believe Troy New York on a 2007 red vert, same installer as mine. I have looked for an hour and can’t find the post. That thread mentioned a different replacement line?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank You
R.V.

Last edited by Rick Voss; 08-11-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:55 PM
FastBlackTA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Voss
I was just pulling into may drive way and depressing the clutch when “snap” the pedal drops to the floor and stays there. The vehicle is a 2006 vert APS with 5,500 miles. The turbo’s were installed at 3,100 miles.
I checked the clutch master and it was empty. I added a little fluid and it immediately leaks out, on the driver’s side, until I can get underneath the car I will not be able to see were the leak is. I looked in the shop manual, and it appears the line goes from a metal line, to a rubber flex line, and then back to metal were it inserts into the clutch slave or actuator. My guess is the rubber portion of the line couldn’t deal with the heat of the left side turbo, which is not far away. The line is wrapped with a foil heat guard wrap from APS. A clip holds both ends of the line in. I have two questions:
1) How hard is it to get to the actuator to remove the line?
2) Does any body know of a replacement line that is braided stainless so it can withstand the heat and prevent this from happening again?

I know this also happened to another forum member from I believe Troy New York on a 2007 red vert, same installer as mine. I have looked for an hour and can’t find the post. That thread mentioned a different replacement line?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank You
R.V.

I had a similar problem and yours probably stems from the same reason I lost pedal pressure - the fittings that are used to splice into the stock clutch line are not tight enough. I was able to get the orange heat sleeve off and tighten the fittings without removing the turbo/manifold assembly but it was not easy. I tightened mine and everything has worked well for 4000+ miles.

Quick Reply: Lost clutch hydraulic line on APS twin turbo