C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger Heat, can't handle anymore!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:49 PM
o0 zeno 0o
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by john_sblendorio
I definetely need to do something about my temps or forget daytime summer driving. In the 102* heat today, I saw 239* water and 268* oil. This was short shifiting and cruising on the highway at 65 1,900 rpms. Even right now at 10:15pm, it is still 94* outside.

I spoke to a tech at Ron Davis and he recommended going with a combination radiator and that they only experience 3-5* in water temp but ~50* decrease in oil temp. I could have sworn I read from others in this thread to run a separate cooler.

The same guy also said to run a 50/50 mix with the old green Prestone for the best results and that adding water wetter would not help. Does this all sound correct?
Old green stuff will corrode some of the composite fittings over time. I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
NYC6, Reread quote, "with bottle of water wetter"... WW has additives, and has worked GREAT in my cars...
If you go to the Redline website it says you can run straight water with WW in a "race engine". Street cars it should be mixed with the proper engine coolant. There may be some corrosion protection additives in the product but not enough for complete protection. It would take a long period of time to notice the damage done to a engine. But after three years or so I'll wager that coolant passages and radiator ducts will show signs of cloggage. Speak to GM and get their opinion. I'll also bet that they would say " use proper coolant". But its your car.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 PM
aTX427

Is there any value in adding an EWP do you have the same volume of water flow at high or low speed?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

I don't seem to have any heat issues with my intercooler. It mounts way further forward than any others I've seen.
My inlet actually goes in FRONT of the skid bar mount.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:54 AM
4evervette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@AandACorvette
I don't seem to have any heat issues with my intercooler. It mounts way further forward than any others I've seen.
My inlet actually goes in FRONT of the skid bar mount.
do u have any pics ??! thanks
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 AM
mdk
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by excessive81
i have a 416 ls3 with d1 and with my lpe anniversay hood i dont have any heat issues on my car making around 1000hp so i assume the hoods help alot!
I have the same hood and have never had any heat issues, someone needs to design a new front facia and go to split intercoolers to keep radiator/oil cooler in front of air flow.

Quick Reply: ProCharger Heat, can't handle anymore!!