C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LINGENFELTER Z06TT - 1/4 mile = Crushing top end CHARGE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
BIG GUN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atomicfusion
I really enjoy when people try to race my car with their "friends" car. I also find it amusing how everyone has a 7 second car at home in the garage.

The whole reason this thread exists is because I went out and ran the fastest "PROVEN" and "VERIFIED" ET and MPH in any C6Z06 Bar NONE!

Norm's car has it's place on the Mile strip, leave the 1/4 mile to those of us who were built for it.
Nice.. I posted a timeslip, congratulated you on your build several times but I can't recall trying to race you with anything.

I am NOT the guy that will come on the boards and challenge you with someone else's car.

I am NOT the guy that will talk about what we should or might run.

I AM the guy that has run 158+mph in the 1/4 and I posted up a timeslip to show some early numbers from a great build.

If it takes a nopi flyer and some guy's signature on the slip to "VERIFY" it then I suppose we missed the boat on the "world record". Like I said, it was a shakedown and I only felt compelled to post it to give some data about the car.

I did nothing to take away from your accomplishments, respected your thread and made a post to share the numbers from the LPE car. If I were not directly involved in the performance of this car, I would have left it up to others to share the results. As for leaving the 1/4 mile to "those of us who were built for it"... I'd recommend that you enjoy your build and realize that "someone is always faster". Forget the mile, I'd say Norm's car has it's place as the baddest C6Z06 built to date.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Hllywood
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting read.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
0IPSjeff
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BIG GUN
Nice.. I posted a timeslip, congratulated you on your build several times but I can't recall trying to race you with anything.

I am NOT the guy that will come on the boards and challenge you with someone else's car.

I am NOT the guy that will talk about what we should or might run.

I AM the guy that has run 158+mph in the 1/4 and I posted up a timeslip to show some early numbers from a great build.
I personally am glad you posted up some info that nobody else seemed to be aware of -- gives us something to shoot for in the trap-speed dept

Now, on the other hand, all the "Preliminary" and "Early" talk (In regards to its one pass) does make my head hurt. You act as if the car just finished up last month and thus far has one shake-down pass under its belt. Its only actual pass was almost 1 1/2 years ago! Whether it hasn't made its way back due to repeated parts failures, dis-interest, no-time, no track near by, or whatever the excuse/reason, it certainly isn't "Preliminary" anything after 17 months later Hell, Atomic's car went to three different tracks and averaged 4 passes at each LAST WEEK

I think the car / set-up is very unique and don't doubt it makes great power and could do what LPE says it did. However, since we built both of the TT C6Z's (And have enough left over to buy a Z51 C6 for a daily ) for less than what is in that car I would certainly hope so. Money aside, can't argue with 158mph traps

What size turbos are on the car if you don't mind me asking?
Jeff
Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by IPSjeff
I personally am glad you posted up some info that nobody else seemed to be aware of -- gives us something to shoot for in the trap-speed dept

Now, on the other hand, all the "Preliminary" and "Early" talk (In regards to its one pass) does make my head hurt. You act as if the car just finished up last month and thus far has one shake-down pass under its belt. Its only actual pass was almost 1 1/2 years ago! Whether it hasn't made its way back due to repeated parts failures, dis-interest, no-time, no track near by, or whatever the excuse/reason, it certainly isn't "Preliminary" anything after 17 months later Hell, Atomic's car went to three different tracks and averaged 4 passes at each LAST WEEK

I think the car / set-up is very unique and don't doubt it makes great power and could do what LPE says it did. However, since we built both of the TT C6Z's (And have enough left over to buy a Z51 C6 for a daily ) for less than what is in that car I would certainly hope so. Money aside, can't argue with 158mph traps

What size turbos are on the car if you don't mind me asking?
Jeff
I don't remember the cost of the LPE car but what was the cost fo doing the APS cars, ball park is fine? I can't see being into it for less than a 110k with the cost of the car and probably much more, no? I'm looking into buying and doing a Z06 myself. I have an APS C5 at this point.
Dan
Old 08-27-2008, 07:11 PM
0IPSjeff
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
I don't remember the cost of the LPE car
From the C&D article:

PRICE AS TESTED: $288,540 (base price*: $272,040)

I will shoot you a PM on the APS quote
Jeff
Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Graham Behan
Instructor

Default 158 trap speed

[QUOTE=IPSjeff;1566872016]I personally am glad you posted up some info that nobody else seemed to be aware of -- gives us something to shoot for in the trap-speed dept

Hi everyone,
The term preliminary is accurate since this test was the first time the car was driven on a test track, US 27 does not count in this respect.

Yes the car has never been run on a drag strip again because that was not its mission. The 158 trap speed is not bad but a properly prepped car of this power level will significantly beat that speed, back in 2002 our Turbo C5 equipped with an Automatic ran 8.95 at 153+ with only 950 rwhp.

The important number from the Memphis test was the 51 mph picked up in the back half of the track, since this test was all about developing a boost control strategy for a later test i.e. standing mile.

The numbers you have posted are good for initial testing, I am pleased to see that someone is developing a C6 package to go after the high powered Vipers. Good luck with your efforts and congratulations on some impressive early numbers

Graham B

Last edited by Graham Behan; 08-27-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: sorry it was a 95 not a 93
Old 08-28-2008, 12:48 AM
SW
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I have no doubt that there are NA cars that are WAY faster in the 1/4 mile than my car.

I really enjoy when people try to race my car with their "friends" car. I also find it amusing how everyone has a 7 second car at home in the garage.

The way I look at it is like this. If you ever want to challenge me or my car, it better be with your own car, otherwise I'll just call up John Force or some other pro racer and see how much it will cost to have him come out and race whatever you want to bring for the day.

The whole reason this thread exists is because I went out and ran the fastest "PROVEN" and "VERIFIED" ET and MPH in any C6Z06 Bar NONE!
Put the stock 6 speed in it and then let's see what consistent times you run..

First off, Scott is a driver. He drives Norm's car. He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. I have seen him behind the wheel of Norm's Viper and his TTZO6 and win many events and set records. The yellow car still has manual trans in it like a ZO6 or any Corvette should. I personally think that he could take your TT ZO6 with the N/A Viper he drives shifting gears, so I wouldn't call him out...

Scott was just posting up some interesting information on Norm's car, no need to get your panties in a wad..

SW

Last edited by SW; 08-28-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 AM
0IPSjeff
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SW
Put the stock 6 speed in it and then let's see what consistent times you run..

First off, Scott is a driver. He drives Norm's car. He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. I have seen him behind the wheel of Norm's Viper and his TTZO6 and win many events and set records. The yellow car still has manual trans in it like a ZO6 or any Corvette should. I personally think that he could take your TT ZO6 with the N/A Viper he drives shifting gears, so I wouldn't call him out...
We decided to do the Auto-swap for that very reason -- so that the cars would more consistent / street friendly / easier to drive fast. Last season with just bolt-ons, I would bet that both C6Z's made more 1/4-mile passes then 3/4 of this forum combined lol. Because of that, we put a set-up together that was going to optimize the cars ability to drag-race and of course still be plenty fast from a roll if the need should ever arise.

I am sure Scott is an extremely gifted driver. What that (Or how fast somebody's Viper is) has to do with anything I still for the life of me can't figure out. If I want to find a car to beat Mark's C6Z I can make a phone call and have another customer's low 8-second Camaro ready to run him this afternoon. That was fun huh?
Jeff

Last edited by IPSjeff; 08-28-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:05 AM
xsmph
Burning Brakes

Graham, could you post the dyno graph of the TT vette?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:32 PM
atomicfusion
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I never wanted to call anyone out... AND I have nothing but respect for both Norm's car and what they have accomplished with it. I just found it odd that this post jumps up right after I broke the records that were posted.

It felt to me like they were saying ... Oh, you think your fast well check this out.

To me that kinda sucked.

I personally have offered Kudos to SW in other posts about what he has done in the mile, and have respected what Norm's car did in the mile as well.

Personally, I can drive the 6 speed, but for Drag Racing, an Auto is the way to go. When you bracket race, consistancy is the key. This is why many pro drivers have things like delay boxes, transbreaks, 2 steps and throttle stops.

I ran a 1.79 60' stock on stock tires in my car right after I bought it. I have also been racing now for well over 10 years and have driven everything from tube chasis cars to plain old street cars.

What it comes down to is this, I want to go fast and I want to go rounds. I wouldn't want to race Norms car in a Mile event any more than he should want to race may car in the 1/4 mile. That is just that. Setup make tons and tons of difference and we all have enough money in these cars to know that.

I would love to come to the mile event and see what my car would do; however, it isn't geared right to be the fastest car for the mile, nor have I setup the car for it.

In reality, we all are members of the corvette forum and should be learning from one another instead of playing this who's D**k is bigger contest.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
SW
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by IPSjeff
We decided to do the Auto-swap for that very reason -- so that the cars would more consistent / street friendly / easier to drive fast. Last season with just bolt-ons, I would bet that both C6Z's made more 1/4-mile passes then 3/4 of this forum combined lol. Because of that, we put a set-up together that was going to optimize the cars ability to drag-race and of course still be plenty fast from a roll if the need should ever arise.

I am sure Scott is an extremely gifted driver. What that (Or how fast somebody's Viper is) has to do with anything I still for the life of me can't figure out. If I want to find a car to beat Mark's C6Z I can make a phone call and have another customer's low 8-second Camaro ready to run him this afternoon. That was fun huh?
Jeff

I'm sure it's pretty fast at the strip with the Auto, but you can put a Automatic in just about any fast 6speed car and go quicker, not much driver needed.. What I am saying is, it would impress me more if you can go quick/fast in a ZO6 that has the factory 6 speed that it was designed with. If you want to "be consistent", bracket race, get a $10k Nova with a automatic..

SW
Old 08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
tlaselva
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

who's D**k is bigger contest.
It's unfortunate that what this thread has seems to have developed into.

Grown men w/o the intelect to realize that all they're doing is displaying their lack of self esteem on a public forum.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:12 PM
BIG GUN
Racer

It felt to me like they were saying ... Oh, you think your fast well check this out.

To me that kinda sucked.

In reality, we all are members of the corvette forum and should be learning from one another instead of playing this who's D**k is bigger contest.
Point taken.

I'm impressed with your car and what you've been able to accomplish in such a short time. My posting that timeslip wasn't meant to take away from what you've done or challenge your numbers, but I can see how it could be taken that way. Had I posted it before... or after... The intent would have been the same which was to give Norm and LPE some credit for the build. I suppose your pushing the envelope just made the results more relevant.

Regardless, it was a strong number from an extreme LPE build and I wanted to share with the group - not insult anyone, get into a pissing contest or start an internet bench racing session.

Your car is optimized for the 1/4 and I'm sure you will continue to post some great numbers. Norm's car will continue to raise the bar and (hopefully) take back the standing mile record. All good stuff.. These cars are crazy fast and finally starting to push the envelope enough to challenge the vipers/supras.

The LPE Z06 will not likely return the dragstrip anytime soon so the number is yours for the taking and I wish you luck with you efforts.
Scott
Old 08-28-2008, 02:26 PM
BIG GUN
Racer

Originally Posted by tlaselva
It's unfortunate that what this thread has seems to have developed into.

Grown men w/o the intelect to realize that all they're doing is displaying their lack of self esteem on a public forum.
If you're going to insult people's intelligence, at least spell "intellect" correctly.

If you engage in competition you are going to strive to be the best. In my opinion, it gives purpose to pushing the envelope and keeps development/innovation alive. If not for the competition, you really think the Z06/ZR1 would have been built? You think there wasn't some chest bumping at Dodge when the ACR ran the ring?

Racers don't compete for participation trophies.

Last edited by BIG GUN; 08-28-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
atomicfusion
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG GUN
Point taken.

I'm impressed with your car and what you've been able to accomplish in such a short time. My posting that timeslip wasn't meant to take away from what you've done or challenge your numbers, but I can see how it could be taken that way. Had I posted it before... or after... The intent would have been the same which was to give Norm and LPE some credit for the build. I suppose your pushing the envelope just made the results more relevant.

Regardless, it was a strong number from an extreme LPE build and I wanted to share with the group - not insult anyone, get into a pissing contest or start an internet bench racing session.

Your car is optimized for the 1/4 and I'm sure you will continue to post some great numbers. Norm's car will continue to raise the bar and (hopefully) take back the standing mile record. All good stuff.. These cars are crazy fast and finally starting to push the envelope enough to challenge the vipers/supras.

The LPE Z06 will not likely return the dragstrip anytime soon so the number is yours for the taking and I wish you luck with you efforts.
Scott

I think this is a great place to leave this post at..... Good luck on your Mile runs! I can't wait to see your car run 230+!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

I think this is a great place to leave this post at..... Good luck on your Mile runs! I can't wait to see your car run 230+!

There's plenty of room on the boards for all of you who are building MONSTERS!! You guys have motivated me to start looking for a Z06 for a nice twin build. My APS twin C5 is 700 RWHP, I'm custom making inlets and going for 800, but still ntohing compared to these large cube twins screaming past 1000 RWHP. Plus you have an awesome platform! Good job to all of you and Good Luck!
Dan
Old 08-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the Fireworks

Get notified of new replies

To LINGENFELTER Z06TT - 1/4 mile = Crushing top end CHARGE!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Hllywood
Interesting read.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:00 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hllywood
Interesting read.
I haven't seen a thread (outside of OT) get this hi-jacked in ages.

These are all crazy fast machines - no argument there.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 968 Likes on 574 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Braggers thread. Who cares.

Quick Reply: LINGENFELTER Z06TT - 1/4 mile = Crushing top end CHARGE!