C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger F1-C or TTI TT??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Zo6BEAST
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger F1-C or TTI TT??

Ok guys whats your opinion on these two. My goal is to make my C6Z get over 800rwhp. Ive been talking to my tuner and he is telling me to go with TTi kit. He said we can do it with the F1 but he said thats more of a race blower. My guy already has a game plan for all the mods and upgrades for the TT. Whats your take on this guys.?

Just want to make the right choice and do my homework before I pull the trigger on an investment of this size. Any Suggestions

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Zo6BEAST; 01-26-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:08 AM
RICKEY BOBBY
Racer

My car 07 c6 zo6 made 945 Rwhp 790rwt ,a&a ysi blower ,a&a fuel sytem,
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You'll get a lot of info with the search function. We covered this about one every two weeks for several months straight before we started advising folks to utilize the search function.

I make SERIOUS ( think: 1,300 RWHP) power with my APS TT kit, meth, and Nitrous... I'm a fan of the TT setup.

If you have specific questions about the various turbo setups, then I'll gladly help you.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:32 AM
01SStoZo6
Instructor

I would probably do a TTI or a custom turbo kit or a big turbo aps kit.

How much is the F1 blower itself?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:34 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

a big turbo aps kit
I'm not sure what this means?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 AM
aTX427

The answer depends on how much power you want to make. Either will make 600hp with ease. Going for 850-1000hp - either WILL require custom work and $$$. The biggest advantage the turbo's have over SC's is boost controllers - read...boost by gear, but the SC will cost less.

Last edited by aTX427; 01-27-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:33 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by aTX427
The answer depends on how much power you want to make. Either will make 600hp with ease. Going for 850-1000hp - either WILL require custom work and $$$. The biggest advantage the turbo's have over SC's is boost controllers - read...boost by gear, but the SC will cost less.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 AM
0EPP
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zo6BEAST
Ok guys whats your opinion on these two. My goal is to make my C6Z get over 800rwhp. Ive been talking to my tuner and he is telling me to go with TTi kit. He said we can do it with the F1 but he said thats more of a race blower. My guy already has a game plan for all the mods and upgrades for the TT. Whats your take on this guys.?

Just want to make the right choice and do my homework before I pull the trigger on an investment of this size. Any Suggestions

Thanks in advance
An ATI ProCharger F-1A is not as loud as an F-1C or F-1R and will easily get you 800 rwhp. Take a look at this article about a Cadillac CTS-V we built using an LS2 and an F-1A.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1714

Here is a link to this car from my project car section.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29 Bob
Old 01-27-2009, 09:11 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

EPP,

I remember reading about that "V" you guys did. Man, that is simply a job well done! Awesome!

I "need" that car!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Zo6BEAST
Burning Brakes

Thanks Guys. Ed thats some serious power Ive been doing the checking the search engine and getting some info. I just wanted to see what everyones opinions on each one was. My last project car cost me 20k and it never made the track, it caught on fire about a year ago, so im going to donate it to shop. I took a firends advice and well we all know how that goes. I just want to make sure I make the right decision this time. My goal is to run well into the 9's in the 1/4mile. I want to get her numbers over 800rwhp/800rwtq on pump gas.

See a close freind of mine says go with a blower because its more predictable and cheaper/less maintenance. While my tuner is telling me to go with the TTi kit. I value both of their opinions becuase they both know what they are talking about so its hard to decide. I have never owned a FI car. So im just doing my homework this time. I think I might go to a local Corvette show and take a look at all the set ups and see which one I like better.

Ed do you have any footage of your car? Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Thanks Guys. Ed thats some serious power Ive been doing the checking the search engine and getting some info. I just wanted to see what everyones opinions on each one was. My last project car cost me 20k and it never made the track, it caught on fire about a year ago, so im going to donate it to shop. I took a firends advice and well we all know how that goes. I just want to make sure I make the right decision this time. My goal is to run well into the 9's in the 1/4mile. I want to get her numbers over 800rwhp/800rwtq on pump gas.

See a close freind of mine says go with a blower because its more predictable and cheaper/less maintenance. While my tuner is telling me to go with the TTi kit. I value both of their opinions becuase they both know what they are talking about so its hard to decide. I have never owned a FI car. So im just doing my homework this time. I think I might go to a local Corvette show and take a look at all the set ups and see which one I like better.

Ed do you have any footage of your car? Thanks
I have a TTi kit on my car and I really think its a clean set up and will definately make the big horsepower your looking for. My set up made 904 rwhp and 922 ft with about 14-15 psi. I've also had NO issues with the kit.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:45 PM
aTX427

I would go TT if you are planning on 1/4' drag racing the car. Boost by gear will enable you to hook up much better in first and second gear, while making torque down low for a strong launch. Boost by gear is not as much of an issue for 3rd gear roll-on's. If you have the money to go TT, I would whithout hesitation and not look back.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you want low end tq or top end power. Do you want to drive it on the street and be able to touch the pedal @ 2500 RPM and feel like someone kicked you in your behind? If yes, go with TT. If you want a safe and incremental increase of power, go with centri. You can get in trouble with TT when a sudden boost hits you at a wrong time or wrong location and that car becomes explosive, like in a turn or miss judgment of a distance. You need to learn and respect TT on a 427. with Centri it safer but will not feel the same kick in the butt.

I've had them both and I love TT and I like Centri SC.

Just my two cents!

p.s. If you go TT, be sure it's street and part throttle tuned and not just WOT on dyno.

Last edited by Z_Rocks; 01-27-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have a TURN KEY, 1000hp custom ProCharger system we sell and install. I have some pricing listed on our website that is only valid for one more customer.

With that said, we have developed several ways to control power application on either system - turbo or supercharged.

TT has advantages and SC has advantages. It depends on what gets you excited. At the 800 rwhp mark the supercharged route will get you there for less expense and is easy to reverse or swap to another car if you want later...
Old 01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Zo6BEAST
Burning Brakes

Vindication- Thats about right lol. Do you have any footage on your vette? Thats about what my tuner said she should make on pump gas. Have you ever taken her to the track?

Zrocks-There are alot of different things that i have to fiqure out. which on is faster in the street and which one in the 1/4? Sounds likew you prefer TT? Any particular reason why?

Atx427- I plan on taking her to the track every once in awhile. My guy does have that boost controller in my set up build. You think TT is alot better?

I plan on keeping her for along time, so durabilty is a concern. I hear blowers put more stress on your engine while TT are harder to maintain.

Thanks guys for the insight
Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Zrocks-There are alot of different things that i have to fiqure out. which on is faster in the street and which one in the 1/4? Sounds likew you prefer TT? Any particular reason why?
My First choice would be either TTIx or APS:
a) I love low end tq for Daily driving. Tap on the gas and see the front of that car lifts off.
b) With Turbo, you get free power. With SC, you take power from engine.
c) I hated belt problems. No belt issue with TT.
d) For some misterious reason, Twin Turbo has a nicer ring to it than Supercharger or blower.

My second choice would be:
a) Kenne Bell - TwinScrew. Very efficient and less heat

Third choice:
a) Maggie - TVS 1900 or 2300. Not as efficient as KB, but still great.

Last, I'd go with Centri. A&A has the best kit!

If you have never had FI, I'd be very careful having Twin Turbo on a 427 engine with light weight. People will mess with you and you could easily loose control. That would be an important consideration to go with Centeri, having safe power delivery!

Good luck!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Vindication- Thats about right lol. Do you have any footage on your vette? Thats about what my tuner said she should make on pump gas. Have you ever taken her to the track?

Atx427- I plan on taking her to the track every once in awhile. My guy does have that boost controller in my set up build. You think TT is alot better?

I plan on keeping her for along time, so durabilty is a concern. I hear blowers put more stress on your engine while TT are harder to maintain.

Thanks guys for the insight
There are 2 tracks near me. One is about 1 hour away which Ive heard 500-600 rwhp can't even hook up on and there is a track 3 hours away which Im not comfortable if and incase I break.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger F1-C or TTI TT??

Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 PM
aTX427

Originally Posted by FirstGen
We have a TURN KEY, 1000hp custom ProCharger system we sell and install. I have some pricing listed on our website that is only valid for one more customer.

With that said, we have developed several ways to control power application on either system - turbo or supercharged.

TT has advantages and SC has advantages. It depends on what gets you excited. At the 800 rwhp mark the supercharged route will get you there for less expense and is easy to reverse or swap to another car if you want later...
That is one hell of a nice ProCharger package.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:01 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
My First choice would be either TTIx or APS:
a) I love low end tq for Daily driving. Tap on the gas and see the front of that car lifts off.
b) With Turbo, you get free power. With SC, you take power from engine.
c) I hated belt problems. No belt issue with TT.
d) For some misterious reason, Twin Turbo has a nicer ring to it than Supercharger or blower.

My second choice would be:
a) Kenne Bell - TwinScrew. Very efficient and less heat

Third choice:
a) Maggie - TVS 1900 or 2300. Not as efficient as KB, but still great.

Last, I'd go with Centri. A&A has the best kit!

If you have never had FI, I'd be very careful having Twin Turbo on a 427 engine with light weight. People will mess with you and you could easily loose control. That would be an important consideration to go with Centeri, having safe power delivery!

Good luck!
I always felt that the back end squatted, but then I only have about 2/3 the tq you guys are talking about (654).

BJK
Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Zo6BEAST
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the help guys

Which set up do you think is more durable, and easier to maintain?

Quick Reply: Procharger F1-C or TTI TT??