C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Cam installed by RPM Motors Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:59 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
guys, you're missing the point...
1st if the lambda sniffer was at the rear of the exhaust which I'll hazard a guess it was, that relly puts his A/R at about 11.5/1
2nd here are a couple of quotes from Sam's (a.k.a. powerlabs) recent post about more power for his set up...

These quotes are about AtomicC6's car that makes 750+rwhp with the stock fuel system and Meth...

Taylor: "While we are here, tell these guys about how you ran your car up and down the highway at 160-170MPH trying to figure out why your meth wasn't working in 100 degree weather with ZERO issues. Why did your bone stock LS2 survive at 12 psi with no meth?

It's all in the tune guys. If tuned properly, you can safely run out of meth and scale the tune to pull timing and have ZERO negative effects - except that it will make less and less power until you fill up with meth again"

Shaun: "you are so right it is all in the tune... basically my turbos burned my boost line that actuates my alky kit. so i was running around in 100 degree weather for a month or so beating on my car thinking that the meth kit was working . BUT thanks to Taylor at DALLAS PERFORMANCE my car is still in one piece ,hows that for a safety net?"

I've written soooooo much on this topic in the past years, and given how to's, and total write ups with pics etc... but don't take my word or experience from this, you should do what you believe, or what you are comfortable with, heck I've tried to help as much as any one person can on this subject, it's your loss at this point as far as I'm concerned... I just hate the misinformation spread on this subject...

and all I can say BJK is the "Pro's" aren't pro's when it comes to tuning with methanol, no disrespect to the guys you got info from, they may be VERY knowledgeable tuners except for methanol injection where it pertains to "OUR" C5/6 setups with MAF sensors and IAT sensors...
I hear what you're saying. My car was done at LAPD in early '07 and was told that he could not pull enough timing to save the engine. The max timing before we added meth was only 6*. The ECM was pulling timing on the base line stock tune. After the meth they were only able to go with 12-13*. They seemed to be pretty familiar with Corvettes and said that my engine seemed to be on the high end of the stock compression limit.
I have heard of using the IAT to pull timing but I don't know what the limits are. I seem to remember something about 3-4*.

BJK

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 02-09-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
I hear what you're saying. My car was done at LAPD in early '07

BJK
Yeah they blew Brabus2's stock motor up on the dyno tuning for meth... that was a bad one for them...
Old 02-09-2009, 12:24 AM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah they blew Brabus2's stock motor up on the dyno tuning for meth... that was a bad one for them...
NO, THEY DID NOT! I was there at the same time. They took pictures of the faulty work that was done at the shop of a well know forum place. He (BRABUS2) did not want to name that shop or pursue the matter.

BJK
Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
cencalc6
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I forgot to post up this Dyno sheet sorry guys it's been a long weekend eitherway this is were my car is set at for safety ,I have total confidence with Charlie and his Magic this man sure knows what he's doing , as you can see the torque numbers did not really move with this setting but what a great feeling it is when the car is still making power over the 6k range

Last edited by cencalc6; 02-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:02 AM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO, THEY DID NOT! I was there at the same time. They took pictures of the faulty work that was done at the shop of a well know forum place. He (BRABUS2) did not want to name that shop or pursue the matter.

BJK
That is EXACTLY what I was told as well. The engine blew becasue the Meth kit was incorrectly installed at another shop.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:52 AM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PAUZAO
That is EXACTLY what I was told as well. The engine blew becasue the Meth kit was incorrectly installed at another shop.
Correct, I believe it shorted out full on and hydro locked the engine. For a while LAPD did not responded on the forum at Brabus2s request, but when the rumors got out of control Shaun, the owner of LAPD at that time, finally posted pictures and describe what had actually happened without naming the other shop. Brabus2 then decided to build that monster car that he later sold to someone in Texas.

BJK

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 02-09-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:42 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Correct, I believe it shorted out full on and hydro locked the engine. For a while LAPD did not responded on the forum at Brabus2s request, but when the rumors got out of control Shaun, the owner of LAPD at that time, finally posted pictures and describe what had actually happened without naming the other shop. Brabus2 then decided to build that monster car that he later sold to someone in Texas.

BJK
The kid that worked at LAPD came to work for me when I first opened. His name is Gev.

He related the entire story to me and the version he tells squarely put the blame at the feet of the "old LAPD regime" - Gev told me that the car went to a nearby exhaust shop (Royal Exhaust?) for work and when completed, the car would not start. Since the exhaust shop was near LAPD the brain trust in charge of matters decided to push the car and while doing so, pop the clutch to resolve the starting.

Well, with a cylinder full of meth and the clutch popped repeatedly - bang goes the cylinder wall. Of course the blame game ensued and the owner of the clear was the loser.

So much for stories and placing blame
Old 02-09-2009, 05:44 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PAUZAO
Totally a fabrication ...see above. The other shop had no culpability whatsoever. Your source is either misinformed or outright lying through there rotten teeth.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cencalc6
I forgot to post up this Dyno sheet sorry guys it's been a long weekend eitherway this is were my car is set at for safety ,I have total confidence with Charlie and his Magic this man sure knows what he's doing , as you can see the torque numbers did not really move with this setting but what a great feeling it is when the car is still making power over the 6k range

Plenty safe at 11.6:1 and low timing - thanks again and enjoy
Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Williams@RPM
The kid that worked at LAPD came to work for me when I first opened. His name is Gev.

He related the entire story to me and the version he tells squarely put the blame at the feet of the "old LAPD regime" - Gev told me that the car went to a nearby exhaust shop (Royal Exhaust?) for work and when completed, the car would not start. Since the exhaust shop was near LAPD the brain trust in charge of matters decided to push the car and while doing so, pop the clutch to resolve the starting.

Well, with a cylinder full of meth and the clutch popped repeatedly - bang goes the cylinder wall. Of course the blame game ensued and the owner of the clear was the loser.

Once again for those of us in the know... last I'll say on this, I set up the sale on Richard's car to my best friend here in DFW through my relationship with Richard on this forum and trying to help two friends at one time... did you also know (LAPD) caught the engine bay on fire (Richard didn't until we pointed it out and he did more digging, they never told him up front)??? Now lets stop pissing on this thread... and let's just agree to disagree on methanol, and what we know about others cars... lets please stop this and get back on topic... Thanks and VERY sorry to the O.P. for all of this misinformed nonsense...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 AM
cencalc6
Melting Slicks

Once again for those of us in the know... last I'll say on this, I set up the sale on Richard's car to my best friend here in DFW through my relationship with Richard on this forum and trying to help two friends at one time... did you also know (LAPD) caught the engine bay on fire (Richard didn't until we pointed it out and he did more digging, they never told him up front)??? Now lets stop pissing on this thread... and let's just agree to disagree on methanol, and what we know about others cars... lets please stop this and get back on topic... Thanks and VERY sorry to the O.P. for all of this misinformed nonsense...
lol! the past 2 FI threads I started ,the gloves came out it's cool but I agree with Mr. Big lets get back in track before it gets ugly

Thanks everyone for the comments
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

That's why I use a Snow kit w/ a 50/50 mix!!{not flamable}
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

i run 100% methanol on all cars that i install it on, yeah its flammable but if you install it right then thats not an issue, with that school of thought you should run your car on water because gas is flammable too
Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Well, with a cylinder full of meth and the clutch popped repeatedly - bang goes the cylinder wall.
Of course the blame game ensued and the owner of the clear was the loser.

So the car ran ok going over to the exhaust shop but wouldn't start for the trip back and you say they should have gone "Gee, the meth system just shorted out and flooded the engine" You probably didn't see the pictures posted on the forum that showed the bad wiring they found. Any court in the land would find fault with the shop that did the bad wiring that lead to the flooding. Could it be that Gev told you what Al thought about the quality of your $100 tune and you have an ax to grind?

So much for stories and placing blame [/quote]

BJK

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 02-09-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

So the car ran ok going over to the exhaust shop but wouldn't start for the trip back and you say they should have gone "Gee, the meth system just shorted out and flooded the engine" You probably didn't see the pictures posted on the forum that showed the bad wiring they found. Any court in the land would find fault with the shop that did the bad wiring that lead to the flooding. Could it be that Gev told you what Al thought about the quality of your $100 tune and you have an ax to grind?

BJK[/QUOTE]

Funny on so many levels and I hope I can touch on all of them.

1) Al wouldn't know much except how to bull**** - and he's good at it because you obviously believe him to the point that you are willing to make statements without facts - and on his behalf!
Please ask Al to tell you all about the TT car that sits in his shop, since September, and still they cannot tell the owner why it falls on its face at 5800 RPM - maybe if I fix that he can take credit for yet someone else’s work, AGAIN?

What, if anything, has the jerk ever done on his own? :thumbs

2) Your $100 dollar tune statement is exactly the kind of complete disinformation that Al spreads - but by all means stick your foot in deeper and elaborate, please.

3) I have no axe to grind other than making sure the BS stops when I see it. You on the other hand are a pot stirrer. Al and his workers broke the motor, according to Gev exactly as I reported it.

4) You insinuating it was "another shop" in this thread is completely wrong and not on topic at all - So what's your axe to grind with me?
I don't know you and likely would not want to. You have an axe to grind and it appears to be at the behest of one the lowest living individuals I can think of. Pathetic, really pathetic.

5) The meth system had gone through a fire that was brought on by Al's own ineptness and further exacerbated by plain stupidity. Again, all according to a former employee that was more than happy to share story.

6) Last, if you can't keep this thread on topic and insist on debating this “al is great and the other shop topic” with me, then start your own thread and I'll be right over. Years of gathering information and facts on that beloved buffoon you support will give me nothing short of total joy to finally have the opportunity to publish.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

lol! the past 2 FI threads I started ,the gloves came out it's cool but I agree with Mr. Big lets get back in track before it gets ugly

Thanks everyone for the comments
It should never have gotten off track in the first place.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

BJK
Funny on so many levels and I hope I can touch on all of them.

1) Al wouldn't know much except how to bull**** - and he's good at it because you obviously believe him to the point that you are willing to make statements without facts - and on his behalf!
Please ask Al to tell you all about the TT car that sits in his shop, since September, and still they cannot tell the owner why it falls on its face at 5800 RPM - maybe if I fix that he can take credit for yet someone else’s work, AGAIN?

What, if anything, has the jerk ever done on his own? :thumbs

2) Your $100 dollar tune statement is exactly the kind of complete disinformation that Al spreads - but by all means stick your foot in deeper and elaborate, please.

3) I have no axe to grind other than making sure the BS stops when I see it. You on the other hand are a pot stirrer. Al and his workers broke the motor, according to Gev exactly as I reported it.

4) You insinuating it was "another shop" in this thread is completely wrong and not on topic at all - So what's your axe to grind with me?
I don't know you and likely would not want to. You have an axe to grind and it appears to be at the behest of one the lowest living individuals I can think of. Pathetic, really pathetic.

5) The meth system had gone through a fire that was brought on by Al's own ineptness and further exacerbated by plain stupidity. Again, all according to a former employee that was more than happy to share story.

6) Last, if you can't keep this thread on topic and insist on debating this “al is great and the other shop topic” with me, then start your own thread and I'll be right over. Years of gathering information and facts on that beloved buffoon you support will give me nothing short of total joy to finally have the opportunity to publish.[/quote]

You were the one that jumped into a matter that did not involve you and used second hand info from a former employee who was moved out for poor work habits and and a refusal to keep the shop clean. I was in that shop on a daily bases from Dec '06 thru APril of '07 so I know what I'm talking about. You just proved my point about bad blood between you and Al. Apparently you missed all that was posted on the forum, including pictures, to support the bad wiring claim and there was no evidence of fire damage.
Kind of amazing that you would go off on something you had nothing to do with.

Here is a little lite reading for you:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1557987954-post140.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1558063516-post188.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1558076446-post204.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1558063516-post188.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1558093766-post216.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1558093988-post217.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1558094564-post218.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1558127047-post224.html

There were also pictures posted and I will put them up when I find them.

BJK

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 02-09-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Blower Cam installed by RPM Motors Inc.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

You were the one that jumped into a matter that did not involve you and used second hand info from a former employee who was moved out for poor work habits and and a refusal to keep the shop clean.
I am not commenting on Gev's work habits - just the statements he made to me. But as long as you are reporting work habits and such - just what did Al do on any given day?

I was in that shop on a daily bases from Dec '06 thru APril of '07 so I know what I'm talking about. You just proved my point about bad blood between you and Al.
Bad blood, don't make me laugh - my feeeling is total disdain of Al and he stands for and sorrow for all that drink his Kool-Aide.

Apparently you missed all that was posted on the forum, including pictures, to support the bad wiring claim and there was no evidence of fire damage.
I only stated what I was told - fire damage reports came from the Texas group that bought the car -

Kind of amazing that you would go off on something you had nothing to do with.
I tuned the car for a ProCharger - that'd be the extent of my involvement.

There were also pictures posted and I will put them up when I find them.

good, just post them in another thread because.....

MODS - please return this post to the OP contents and start a new thread with 07's crusade against A&A....and now me
Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
cencalc6
Melting Slicks

WoW! what happen here
Old 02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

WoW! what happen here
Sorry, Filepe - I've asked the mods to move the A&A stuff and start a new thread for Monte to bash them on.

Quick Reply: Blower Cam installed by RPM Motors Inc.