C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth injection on a Maggie?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:57 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Meth injection on a Maggie?

Who has meth injection on their maggie? What system do you have and what benefits have you seen? Which product do you use and at what % is the mix?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 AM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

We actually started working with meth to combat the heat of the Maggie, here is my recommendation.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...hol%20Kit.html
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM
LINGENVERT
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sea Six: Having had experience with ECS during May of 2007, I had them install their meth kit & tune it.they also recommended 100% methanol for the maggie setup, I have noticed lower iat & no detonation even with now new to us in northern Maine 10% ethanol 91 octane gasoline.I am debating a retune , All said & done i think its insurance inspite of lower octane gas. Hope this helps you Have a safe 1 Larry
Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We actually started working with meth to combat the heat of the Maggie, here is my recommendation.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...hol%20Kit.html
Thanks Doug My Maggie install is almost finish . I will sending you my PCM for the tune so that I can drive down in early spring. Do you see a real need to install the meth injection or just for the extra power?

Thanks
Rod
Old 03-03-2009, 07:04 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by sea six
Thanks Doug My Maggie install is almost finish . I will sending you my PCM for the tune so that I can drive down in early spring. Do you see a real need to install the meth injection or just for the extra power?

Thanks
Rod

I am a firm believer that meth injection is a god send for a pump gas high hp vehicle. It gives not only the power difference, but it saves you if you do get that bad tank of fuel. It's not difficult to fill, or goes threw so much that it is annoying, so I simply do not see a down side to it.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by LINGENVERT
Sea Six: Having had experience with ECS during May of 2007, I had them install their meth kit & tune it.they also recommended 100% methanol for the maggie setup, I have noticed lower iat & no detonation even with now new to us in northern Maine 10% ethanol 91 octane gasoline.I am debating a retune , All said & done i think its insurance inspite of lower octane gas. Hope this helps you Have a safe 1 Larry

Hey Larry, Good to hear your enjoying your car!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I am a firm believer that meth injection is a god send for a pump gas high hp vehicle. It gives not only the power difference, but it saves you if you do get that bad tank of fuel. It's not difficult to fill, or goes threw so much that it is annoying, so I simply do not see a down side to it.
Doug,

I heard it is not advised to shoot meth onto Maggie teflon rotors. Do you know if this is a problem or not?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thegreenman
Doug,

I heard it is not advised to shoot meth onto Maggie teflon rotors. Do you know if this is a problem or not?
i have run large amounts of methanol though a maggies in the past with no issues
Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

I have a Snow meth kit on Vette and it runs sweeet!!
mine is a 50/50 mix!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Received 259 Likes on 76 Posts

Doug,

Bump

I heard this also....

Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 AM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Sent an e-mail to callaway to tech. support asking this very question. I will post the answer when ( or if ) I get the answer.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM
My first GTO
Instructor

Originally Posted by nextphasemarko
Bump

I heard this also....

We ran the Fastest GTO with a Maggie, a 112HH with a ECS meth kit and Never Had a problem with it for two Years....Now we Run a two Nozzle system and The maggie is now gone......
Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Doug,

I would have to find it now, but when we first started using meth injection we went back and forth with Magnuson to make sure there would not be any damage from it. The conclusion was a written OK from them to use straight methanol threw their rotors.

We have been doing it for years now with many of the original Maggies still using it 6-7 years later trouble free. Just make sure you purchase a kit (preferably ours) that can handle straight methanol, there is a substantial power loss from using 50/50 mix' or denatured alcohol. You want to go with Sunoco or VP brands methanol that is designed for your intended usage.

I hope that helps.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

Thanks Doug, and everyone else. I placed a meth kit to my wish list.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 PM
mhoglund
Racer

Are there any that don't use the tank for the windshield washer fluid?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:30 AM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mhoglund
Are there any that don't use the tank for the windshield washer fluid?
Do a google for methanol injection and you will find may options. They go from no tank to large tanks mounted in the rear compartment.

Get notified of new replies

To Meth injection on a Maggie?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sea six
Sent an e-mail to callaway to tech. support asking this very question. I will post the answer when ( or if ) I get the answer.
Got your email. I've been discussing the subject with our engineers here at Callaway. While we can discuss methanol injection theory, unfortunately, we have no hands-on experience here. I would recommend that you contact Brian Zacuto at Magnuson Products. He might forward your call to Magnuson's engineering department, but you should start with Brian.

In developing Callaway Corvette and C16 supercharger systems, our engineers focused on Corvette powertrains consisting of specific equipment which has never included methanol injection. Magnuson has had experience with all sorts of applications in all types of vehicles.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:50 AM
m_LeDez
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Houston, Tx.....'05 Corvette M6 LS3 Magnuson Heartbeat
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I called Magnuson Products Inc. Tech Support last year (805.642.8833) when I installed my meth injection kit and ask the question if it's true meth would delaminate the thin Teflon coat applied to the rotors.

The response was, regardless if it does or not over time, spraying meth or nos WILL void the Magnuson factory warranty.

I've had my kit installed for over a year with no problems.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
sea six
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mcv
Got your email. I've been discussing the subject with our engineers here at Callaway. While we can discuss methanol injection theory, unfortunately, we have no hands-on experience here. I would recommend that you contact Brian Zacuto at Magnuson Products. He might forward your call to Magnuson's engineering department, but you should start with Brian.

In developing Callaway Corvette and C16 supercharger systems, our engineers focused on Corvette powertrains consisting of specific equipment which has never included methanol injection. Magnuson has had experience with all sorts of applications in all types of vehicles.
Thanks for the response. What is the best method for control? off the boost or some other type of control?

Quick Reply: Meth injection on a Maggie?