C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been cheated aps/z06 turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:17 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seller stands behind APS turbo.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CARTAGE FOR A APS Z06 TURBO KIT. THE NUMBERS ON IT ARE 714568-5003 & LHMO21943. Purchase the turbo kit used with garranty they were not damaged I feel like a fool for not taking them apart. I have been quoted for a new cartridge cost over $1039.00. What should I do??

Last edited by 427silverhotrod; 05-08-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: change cost info
Old 05-07-2009, 04:45 PM
RCC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What parts are they exactly?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:47 PM
ZZMike
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

He is looking for the cartridge, AKA the CHRA, the center housing and rotating assembly. Basically the turbo without the compressor and turbine housings.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
ZZMike
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 427silverhotrod
DOES ANYONE HAVE A CARTAGE FOR A APS Z06 TURBO KIT. THE NUMBERS ON IT ARE 714568-5003 & LHMO21943. Purchase the turbo kit used with garranty they were not damaged I feel like a fool for not taking them apart. I have been quoted for a new cartridge cost over $1039.00. What should I do??

What got bonked? Is it just the seals, or are the wheels bad?

You may be able to get it rebuilt if the center housing isn't destroyed.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 05-07-2009, 04:51 PM
RCC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gues if I read the whole thing I would have picked that up......my bad.

Precision has parts for those turbos, maybe try them.

Not trying to hijack here but I have the intercoolers,oil cooler,bov's, and upper intake pipe for the aps z06 kit if anyone needs them.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm certainly not like most people and hide out when someone that purchased something from me says they were cheated. So I am going to be more then willing to post on here the exact circumstances of what happened and what I did to rectify the situation. (my side anyway)

I sold the APS Twin Turbo kit off my car. The kit as everybody knows here goes for 14k new. In addtion to that I also, replaced the blow off valves with HKS Blow off valves, replaced nearly the entire fuel system, included the electronic Boost Controller and the custom made shroud. I sold all of this, well over 17k in stuff... for a whopping $8500 and Silverhotrod's entier stock exhaust system... in which I then had to personally swing another few hundred dollars for stock cats that he end up NOT having. I didn't even ask for addtional money. Who cares, right it's a few hundred dollars? He's happy, I'm happy, whatever..

At the time he came up to purchase the stuff, he told me that he found another stock APS TT Z06 kit new for less then what I was asking for my kit (had previously agreed to 9k excluding boost controller, + all his stock exhasut). What's my response? I tell him to go ahead and buy that kit instead. Told him, if he can purchase a new kit for less, it's obviously a better deal. Only benifit to mine at that point would be the upgraded items, which he probably wouldn't need on a stock motor car anyway. He then proceeds to tell hem he drove a long way and would just assume get the deal done, offered me 8k, I told him best I would do is 8500. We both agreed, deal made.

So I'll discuss the kit itself. Kit has less then 1k miles on it, and the turbo in question has less then 10 1/4 mile passes on it. IPS and myself didn't see anything wrong with the kit prior to him taking delivery of the kit... Everything was in perfect order. IPS told him, if there was anything missing, they'd take care of getting it to him. Said the kit just came off the car, and there are so many pieces, some items will probably need to be shipped seperate, and arrangments for those items were made. (while could have been done faster sure)

So a few weeks pass and upon inspection of the kit.. he texts me and now there is something wrong with the passenger side turbo. I advise him via text, that I can't do anything about it right now, I'm busy for the next couple days but will be able to contact him on Thursday(today), however in the mean time e-mail me, and I gave him my e-mail. no e-mail....

He calls me in the middle of my work day and leaves me a message. Then as promised, on my way home I contact him. Long story short, I told him I didn't think it was fair that I pay the entire 1k to replace the turbo, as I would have effectively sold the kit to him for $7500. I told him, what I thought would be fair is that we split the difference, I'd have IPS ship out a new center cartridge, and him ship me the damaged one back. He agree's and as far as I knew everything was handled....

Guess not.... Anyway now you know. This is the whole reason I HATE selling stuff to people and often throw parts away so I don't have to deal with the drama.

Last edited by LPFSTheFett; 05-07-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 PM
atomicfusion
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think a big portion of this story was left out... LPFSTheFett had also arranged for a discounted install price from the shop that took off the kit for whomever was to buy the kit. This was done to ensure that it would be installed properly and completely since the kit was being removed and LPFSTheFett wanted to make sure that the purchaser got all they were paying for. The purchaser declined that option and I was there when he was told that the kit just came off and was probably missing parts.

I was also there when the purchaser said he "forgot" that the cats he had promised in trade were at a shop and he would have this "shipped right out" so that LPFSTheFett wouldn't have to buy any.

After a few days he informed LPFSTheFett that they "Tossed them out" so LPFSTheFett had to find some and buy them.

I missed the post where LPFSTheFett bashed the purchaser for shorting him cats. Oh that's because he didn't.

So, I know that the kit was working just fine with no issues when it came off the car and there were no turbo issues, since the last passes that the car made prior to the kit being removed were 8-10 low 9 second passes that can be seen here.

The last time I checked when you buy something used, it is sold for less than new because it is "LESS THAN NEW", but I have to tell you I have the exact same kit and haven't seen any turbo fin issues. I wonder if it is possible that something happened after the turbo was picked up?

The thing that I don't understand is why someone would bash someone on the internet that offered to make something right that was likely not even his fault in the first place. I mean, LPFSTheFett offered to split the cost of the replacement center cartridge making his effective selling price of this $17,000 retail kit with upgrades like $8000. Even after being shorted on the origional trade.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 AM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to bash or say or name anyone or blame anyone other than myself for not looking the parts over. No names or places were said.

What i was trying to do before i spoke with jason was find a turbo not bash him in anyway!!!! Not my style.

With all that said jason is truly a standup man and we have resolved the turbo situation.

Please lets not turn this into something that it never was and never will be. I consider both of you, reguardless of the turbo, friends and car parts good or bad will not change that in anyway.

Sorry if i did anything to offend. Jason thanks for being the kind of person you are with honor and integrity.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:45 AM
08jetvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by LPFSTheFett
This is the whole reason I HATE selling stuff to people and often throw parts away so I don't have to deal with the drama.
Sometimes its easier to give it to the junk man, he usually appreciates it more.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I sure wish you would have told me where I could buy that "BRAND NEW Z06 APS KIT for $7900" that you PM'd me about (if you weren't going to buy it - and obviously you didn't).................

I was nice enough to help you when you had questions, you could have been kind enough to tell me where I could have bought that kit.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:57 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

For 8.5K, even if you were to buy a new passenger turbo, you still made out like a bandit!!! Wow, I should have bought it and a new passenger turbo and saved $$$$$$$$...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII

I sure wish you would have told me where I could buy that "BRAND NEW Z06 APS KIT for $7900" that you PM'd me about (if you weren't going to buy it - and obviously you didn't).................

I was nice enough to help you when you had questions, you could have been kind enough to tell me where I could have bought that kit.

I can't believe that anyone was selling a brand new kit for $7900, how is that even possible?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:28 PM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 427silverhotrod
I'm not trying to bash or say or name anyone or blame anyone other than myself for not looking the parts over. No names or places were said.

What i was trying to do before i spoke with jason was find a turbo not bash him in anyway!!!! Not my style.

With all that said jason is truly a standup man and we have resolved the turbo situation.

Please lets not turn this into something that it never was and never will be. I consider both of you, reguardless of the turbo, friends and car parts good or bad will not change that in anyway.

Sorry if i did anything to offend. Jason thanks for being the kind of person you are with honor and integrity.
Glad it was resolved.

Get notified of new replies

To Been cheated aps/z06 turbo kit

Quick Reply: Been cheated aps/z06 turbo kit