C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from 1000hp guys and pro's on project.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:55 AM
v502
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help from 1000hp guys and pro's on project.

I getting prepared for 1000hp project financially and mentally guys i need some help from the Pro's cause i not one please don't be afraid to chime in cause i am in process of learning everything will be appreciated.

LSX Block (maybe 434ci. inspired by Dallas performance Amazing Build )
Heads ???(All PRO LSW pricey vs ET Ls7 not sure yet)
Pistons ??? (haven't decided yet with CR and pistons brand)
Callie's Magnum Crankshaft
Oliver Billet Rods

TTi Kit (maybe from Turbo Technology if they work on custom one)
Full Drivetrain Upgrade from RPM with RPS Triple Disk Clutch.

I know the list is short for 1200hp project am just listing the main parts but ending bill is around 60K for now.

The stuff I having second thought about.

6MN or 4l80e ( I personally love 6MN )

Ls7 Intake or Sheet metal
I just don't know what to get or benifits from is going to be worth the upgrade.(Dallas performance 434lsx build elbow intake looks interesting)

Thanks
Rashed
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 AM
adam205348
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not one of the 1000hp gurus around here but just to let you know. I spoke with the guys from TTI and they told me specifically that their system will not get to or over 1000rwhp. So if that is your goal then you will need to look at the APS or some customized system to reach that goal.

There rest of your list looks very sound. The All Pro heads are what I plan to go with when I get to the point of building a big cube FI motor. But the way I had pieced together their heads would be $7K+ just for the heads. ET heads are not bad and i have seen come in much cheaper. For around 1000rwhp ET heads will be fine.

For the pistons my personal prefrence is Diamond and then having them coated to deal with the heat a little better. CR depends on your plans for the car. if you want to mostly run around on Pump 93 octane no meth or only meth as a safety measure or for when you really want to turn up the boost then I would say 9:1 or so.

Like I said the guys you already know on here; Taylor, EdTraylor, ATX427, Atomicfusion, and MANY others I am sure will stop in to give you their input as well.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 AM
MrDrezzUp
Pro

Crazy build you have on the way!

EdwardTaylor and AtomicOrange are a couple of members who are pushing > 1000 RWHP. They both seem to be great guys who are always willing to help out. I imagine one/both of them will see this thread and pop in.

I agree with your statement regarding the MN6. Although an auto might be more suited for such a high-power build I think running an auto on such a setup would take a lot of the fun and enjoyment out of it. Tearing it down a 1/4 mile track with an auto sorta seems to defeat the purpose?

I am not sure if you have your heart set on a 1000+ setup or not but for a whole lot less money (probably tens of thousands) you can build yourself a car that will have 700 or so RWHP.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 AM
v502
Racer

Originally Posted by adam205348
I am not one of the 1000hp gurus around here but just to let you know. I spoke with the guys from TTI and they told me specifically that their system will not get to or over 1000rwhp. So if that is your goal then you will need to look at the APS or some customized system to reach that goal.

There rest of your list looks very sound. The All Pro heads are what I plan to go with when I get to the point of building a big cube FI motor. But the way I had pieced together their heads would be $7K+ just for the heads. ET heads are not bad and i have seen come in much cheaper. For around 1000rwhp ET heads will be fine.

For the pistons my personal prefrence is Diamond and then having them coated to deal with the heat a little better. CR depends on your plans for the car. if you want to mostly run around on Pump 93 octane no meth or only meth as a safety measure or for when you really want to turn up the boost then I would say 9:1 or so.

Like I said the guys you already know on here; Taylor, EdTraylor, ATX427, Atomicfusion, and MANY others I am sure will stop in to give you their input as well.
1200rwhp is what i am aiming for so thats why i was considering a custom TTi kit with LSX block and All Pro heads.
I know that All Pro heads are bit pricey but i try to keep them my priority i just want to know if ET heads are good for 1200rwhp.

I don't really care if they rip my vette apart to do a custom kit cause i am doing this once Turbo Technology is 2 hr drive away from me so i will see if they can work a custom kit for my application rather than getting standard kits out there I'll keep Diamond Piston's as an option.
I hope that 1000rwhp will chime in and give some info

Originally Posted by MrDrezzUp
Crazy build you have on the way!

EdwardTaylor and AtomicOrange are a couple of members who are pushing > 1000 RWHP. They both seem to be great guys who are always willing to help out. I imagine one/both of them will see this thread and pop in.

I agree with your statement regarding the MN6. Although an auto might be more suited for such a high-power build I think running an auto on such a setup would take a lot of the fun and enjoyment out of it. Tearing it down a 1/4 mile track with an auto sorta seems to defeat the purpose?

I am not sure if you have your heart set on a 1000+ setup or not but for a whole lot less money (probably tens of thousands) you can build yourself a car that will have 700 or so RWHP.
Yeah i been planning for months now and for 700 or so i thought about it and i already did one mistake that costs 10K and i don't want it to happen again that's why i want it to be right the first time without any regrets later.

MN6 are fun and i rarely drag my car maybe twice a year but i want to know if beefed up MN6 from RPM can handle this kind of hp with DR all time that's my worry.

I just worried on what 4l80e will be running high rpm on highways cause it will be kind of a DD and defiantly like to travel with my car.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:09 AM
IPS Motorsports
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by v502
I getting prepared for 1000hp project financially and mentally guys i need some help from the Pro's cause i not one please don't be afraid to chime in cause i am in process of learning everything will be appreciated.

LSX Block (maybe 434ci. inspired by Dallas performance Amazing Build )
Heads ???(All PRO LSW pricey vs ET Ls7 not sure yet)
Pistons ??? (haven't decided yet with CR and pistons brand)
Callie's Magnum Crankshaft
Oliver Billet Rods

TTi Kit (maybe from Turbo Technology if they work on custom one)
Full Drivetrain Upgrade from RPM with RPS Triple Disk Clutch.

I know the list is short for 1200hp project am just listing the main parts but ending bill is around 60K for now.

The stuff I having second thought about.

6MN or 4l80e ( I personally love 6MN )

Ls7 Intake or Sheet metal
I just don't know what to get or benifits from is going to be worth the upgrade.(Dallas performance 434lsx build elbow intake looks interesting)

Thanks
Rashed
Rashed,
Since we have been at these style builds here often lately, maybe I can be insightful. (Maybe )

LSX block, the only issue we have run into is weight, but in the long run longevity, the iron block will hold up very well. Cubic inches wise, we have seen a nice difference from Marks, 427 to current 434 , the 434 spools up the turbos very hard now, combined with the cam changes.

Personally if your going with any turbo GT35 or smaller, there is no need for the larger cubic inch, the 427 will spool up nicely and rev out well. Just my .02

As for heads, Kerrys heads at ET performance are industry leaders, amazing technology in his heads, I have been to his facility, and seen the start to finish build of the LS7 head he created, and it is mind blowing the amount of time and money in R&D on his heads. We have used them to over 1200 horsepower several times now, and he builds them right. ET's pricing is also incredible cheap for the product you receive. Combine their heads with some Titanium intake valves, and Inconel Exhaust valves (gonna need some coatings done as well at these power ranges) and you will have a very capable set of cylinder heads.

As for pistons, just consult with a manufactor you trust, we have used Diamond, and JE with good sucess, Katechs new pistons are top of the line as well. I would target a 9.2 to 1 compression ratio.

CrankShaft, the magnum from callies is a very nice piece, but if you thinking of saving a few dollars the dragon slayer will work nearly identical, albeit there are some neat stroke to rod ratios you can create with the magnum cranks.

Rods, The Olivers are nice rods, and will hold well. Also consider Carillo's if your looking for a strong forged rod. Just make certain that you are getting a proper rod bolt, we choose A1 bolts.

Drive train, well RPM does make proper set up, add in a Quaife as well, and some good out put shafts (trans and diff) and you will be good. As for a clutch, I would stear away from the RPS triple seen too many issues with such a high dollar unit. Consider the Exedy or maybe the Tilton.

The automatic 4l80 set up is fairly invasive to the car as well ( lots of cutting ), but will offer you the ability to give the chassis a much smoother transition between gears, and a smoother launch think slingshot! Just remember this is invasive, and some people will not mind, others will.

As far as other pieces, what are you thinking about on a fuel setup?

Drive train mounts (Pfadts work very well)

Intercooler, going to need a custom unit more then likely?

Radiator, dewitts?

I could think of a lot more what ifs, but if you like give us a call or PM, and I can build you an estimate that would show you some more real numbers to a build like this. There is a lot to these builds, and Good luck

-Brandon
Old 05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent.

As far as the block I personally used World Warhawk to save weight as the turbo system will be adding a fair amount of weight over the nose as it is.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Rashed,
don't forget the fuel system that you will also need to support your power goals... and the 434 LSX is the Perfect platform for what you are after...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
ArmySpeedFreek
Pro

i have a very stout 402 up for sale still brand new at the builders shop

Last edited by ArmySpeedFreek; 05-26-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
ArmySpeedFreek
Pro

oh and im not asking new price of course
Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Go with a 450 CI build (if you go with the LSX block). You'll make more power on pump gas and the turbos will spool INSTANTLY! Lot's of choices for heads in the six bolt config.

If money is no object, consider the short deck warhawk option!

Go with the 4L80E. Just get it over with and enjoy it!

Don't rule out the APS kit. It's quite an incredible kit.

Add a meth kit to your list of things to buy!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
atomicfusion
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What Brandon from IPS said... they built mine, you have seen what it has done.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Best advice.... Pick a top tier shop THAT YOU TRUST and discuss the plans accordingly. You will get to many answers here and all you end up is a bunch of opinions from people who are NOT going to build your car. I mean if you look at some of the top cars here ...most of the people had these discussions with their builder.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

You can easily reach your goals with your mod list, there will be a few other things that will be needed, but we have made basically that exact package already and exceeded the "maximum torque" for our dyno, which is aproximately 1150 ft lbs and had about 5 more pounds of sustainable boost left

Good luck with it.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you are on the right track! The best advise I've seen is to pick the shop you plan to use first, and then develop a build plan based on their experience. I know we could save some of our customers a LOT of money and time if were we able to do it our way from the start.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
Sounds like you are on the right track! The best advise I've seen is to pick the shop you plan to use first, and then develop a build plan based on their experience. I know we could save some of our customers a LOT of money and time if were we able to do it our way from the start.
+++100%. Obviously a shop that has actually done it before with all the proof that they are more than capable
Old 05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
v502
Racer

Originally Posted by IPS Motorsports
Rashed,
Since we have been at these style builds here often lately, maybe I can be insightful. (Maybe )

LSX block, the only issue we have run into is weight, but in the long run longevity, the iron block will hold up very well. Cubic inches wise, we have seen a nice difference from Marks, 427 to current 434 , the 434 spools up the turbos very hard now, combined with the cam changes.

Personally if your going with any turbo GT35 or smaller, there is no need for the larger cubic inch, the 427 will spool up nicely and rev out well. Just my .02

As for heads, Kerrys heads at ET performance are industry leaders, amazing technology in his heads, I have been to his facility, and seen the start to finish build of the LS7 head he created, and it is mind blowing the amount of time and money in R&D on his heads. We have used them to over 1200 horsepower several times now, and he builds them right. ET's pricing is also incredible cheap for the product you receive. Combine their heads with some Titanium intake valves, and Inconel Exhaust valves (gonna need some coatings done as well at these power ranges) and you will have a very capable set of cylinder heads.

As for pistons, just consult with a manufactor you trust, we have used Diamond, and JE with good sucess, Katechs new pistons are top of the line as well. I would target a 9.2 to 1 compression ratio.

CrankShaft, the magnum from callies is a very nice piece, but if you thinking of saving a few dollars the dragon slayer will work nearly identical, albeit there are some neat stroke to rod ratios you can create with the magnum cranks.

Rods, The Olivers are nice rods, and will hold well. Also consider Carillo's if your looking for a strong forged rod. Just make certain that you are getting a proper rod bolt, we choose A1 bolts.

Drive train, well RPM does make proper set up, add in a Quaife as well, and some good out put shafts (trans and diff) and you will be good. As for a clutch, I would stear away from the RPS triple seen too many issues with such a high dollar unit. Consider the Exedy or maybe the Tilton.

The automatic 4l80 set up is fairly invasive to the car as well ( lots of cutting ), but will offer you the ability to give the chassis a much smoother transition between gears, and a smoother launch think slingshot! Just remember this is invasive, and some people will not mind, others will.

As far as other pieces, what are you thinking about on a fuel setup?

Drive train mounts (Pfadts work very well)

Intercooler, going to need a custom unit more then likely?

Radiator, dewitts?

I could think of a lot more what ifs, but if you like give us a call or PM, and I can build you an estimate that would show you some more real numbers to a build like this. There is a lot to these builds, and Good luck

-Brandon
Brandon thanks for info i choose LSX iron for longevity and if turbo spools faster does that means less lag if i go for 434 ci.

I look in and Clutch's that you talked about see the the other options give me and for 4l80e i will see if its best option for me.

Originally Posted by INTMD8
PM sent.

As far as the block I personally used World Warhawk to save weight as the turbo system will be adding a fair amount of weight over the nose as it is.
Thanks for great info

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Rashed,
don't forget the fuel system that you will also need to support your power goals... and the 434 LSX is the Perfect platform for what you are after...
Everything is in the list

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
Go with a 450 CI build (if you go with the LSX block). You'll make more power on pump gas and the turbos will spool INSTANTLY! Lot's of choices for heads in the six bolt config.

If money is no object, consider the short deck warhawk option!

Go with the 4L80E. Just get it over with and enjoy it!

Don't rule out the APS kit. It's quite an incredible kit.

Add a meth kit to your list of things to buy!
450c.i is somthing i like to do if its possible with LSX i been hearing that alot of cubic inch isnt best choice for F/I builds but well that that also depends on shop i work with but you never know

And for APS kit i not ruling them i just want something little bigger and custom and for meth kit i go for it for insurance.

Originally Posted by atomicfusion
What Brandon from IPS said... they built mine, you have seen what it has done.
Very nice amazing work i want to ask you about 4l80e how is for street compared to 6MN

Originally Posted by Vindication
Best advice.... Pick a top tier shop THAT YOU TRUST and discuss the plans accordingly. You will get to many answers here and all you end up is a bunch of opinions from people who are NOT going to build your car. I mean if you look at some of the top cars here ...most of the people had these discussions with their builder.
Thanks i do that i am just looking at options that available and advice from 1000hp members.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:38 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

450c.i is somthing i like to do if its possible with LSX i been hearing that alot of cubic inch isnt best choice for F/I builds
That's not entirely correct. An overly long stroke that can take up valuable ring-land space is the problem. @ 454 CI an LSX can accommodate some healthy slugs....

but well that that also depends on shop i work with but you never know
Actually, we do know. That's why we make the ridiculous numbers reliably.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help from 1000hp guys and pro's on project.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 PM
v502
Racer

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
That's not entirely correct. An overly long stroke that can take up valuable ring-land space is the problem. @ 454 CI an LSX can accommodate some healthy slugs....

Actually, we do know. That's why we make the ridiculous numbers reliably.
454ci is what going to happen
Old 06-02-2009, 02:37 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

I suggest keeping it small cube, maybe 4.130 or 4.15x bore tops to keep it rebuildable. Max effort build on the first shot can cause many issues should something go wrong. We all know how that goes.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Don't forget the Driveshaft Shop driveshaft to replace the guts of your torque tube.
I am running the Textralia Exo Triple and am very happy with it. They're quoting 1200ftlbs torque capacity (real world), but it's also a matter of vehicle weight too. 1200ftlbs with a 8000lb truck is much different than a 3300lb car.

Get your pistons gas ported and annodized to help with strength and blow by. It's a little extra $, but good insurance.
I'm on budget Patriot heads and LS2 intake. The power mentioned in my sig. was the 8th pass on the dyno in an hour at Dallas Performance. Heat soaked and worst case scenario. The pass before, my Textralia twin was letting go, but it made 40 more rwtq, which would have put me closer to 960rwhp. Just the difference in displacement would put me over the 1k mark.

Quick Reply: Need help from 1000hp guys and pro's on project.