C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A&A V3 Si Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default My A&A V3 Si Install

Today i started my install.

My current setup has 406/406 with boltons
1-3/4 kooks
3" kooks z06 midpipe
z06 catback
Fast 92mm spin ported
Cory Harris ported TB
Vararam

i raced my buddies c5 with a 04 z06 motor and the same boltons i got, i lost 2/3 times on the drag, i chalked that to my inablitiy to launch the car and get traction.

well, i was doing the TractionMonster with some stickier nitto 555r2's. i figured that was what i needed to get him next time

then i find out he put in a torquer v3 cam and a 3600 stall. now hes at the same powerlevel and with his auto, he will probley beat me again.

NOT THIS TIME I SAID!

so that got me to searching for a supercharger kit, i cam across a deal i couldn't refuse. it ended up being a A&A V3 Si-Trim i got from **********. Thanks by the way!!

so now that the background has been said

Before the Kit has even showed up, i decided to get a head start.

Today, i drilled the oil cap and installed a small air filter, pulled the spark plugs, air intake, removed front bumper, and ground down the thermostate, removed ps cooler. and moved the abs that took about 3 hours, including jack time

now here is where i wana just slap a GM ceo,

the 18mm lines that attatch the steering rack,, ARE YOU SERIOUS!! those took me a 45mins!!! then came the removing of the rack, THREE HOURS to get that bitch out!! Ridiculous!!

then me and my buddy got to trying to remove the crank bolt. NOTE TO SELF, 24MM bolt + 24MM sock + 3/8"-1/2" adaptor and a FOUR FOOT breaker bar = broken 3/8"-1/2" adaptor!! LOL,, it snapped clean OFF!

Parts store was closed, so i called it a wrap.

Tommorow i will pick up a 90degree drill and a 24mm 1/2" socket. and get back to work removing the crank bolt, so when the kit comes in on wednesday, ill just have to pin it, put the rack back in (hopefully not another 3 hours putting it back in!!) and continue with the kit..

but so far so good!! A+ for A&A's installation instructions!!

Some dismantled pics, crappy cell phone, of course!!

-Carl

Last edited by carlrx7; 06-19-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
skamp
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will love the power. I finished mine a few weeks ago and it is sick. I used a 40" 3/4 breaker bar and the damper bolt came right off. There are pictures of it in my thread. If you have any questions installing PM me and I will help best I can. I also have an install thread that shows my install.

Steve
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Atomic-Vette
Drifting

I used a 1/2" Ingersol Rand impact gun to remove the crank bolt.

BTW, do you self a favor and take the hood off.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 PM
RE-ENTRY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you are coming along nicely. Tuning will play an important role. I've got an uncle in SC that could help you with tuning if required.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:47 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

UPDATE....

today i got me a 24mm 1/2 drive socket, GM power steering fluid, and some new GM header gaskets (mine looked like there was some exhaust blowby)

well, with my buddy yanking on the 4 foot breaker bar,, the pulley was just spinning,, PO'd i was.. i figured some locktite was in play so i grabbed my trusty hammer (aka my version of a impact gun) and just started wailing away on the crank bolt, lol, it worked, and we didn't even need the 4 foot extension, just the 24" bar worked like money!

i celebrated a little, then went to swap out the header gaskets. as i was doing that i looked down and saw the motor mounts, i got to thinking, i got time. and i got some PFADT poly motor mounts sitting on the shelf,, so i got to starting on that.

that considered of removing the headers completly, loosening up the lower subframe, remove the lower shock bolts, then the upper control arm, then jack the motor and remove the motor mount bracket, then out comes the motor mount, reinstalled the new mount, and repeated on the other side.

Sounds easy right? well, 6 hours from start to finish, thats including smoke breaks, and some food time.

I also i got ahold of B&B corvettes about 1-1/2 hours from me.. really nice guy, has done over 75 FI c5 and c6 corvettes, he even ownes a fored 402 c6 A&A superchared car. that which pretty much sold me there!!

I asked me to removed my pcm and mail it to him. but im just gonna drop it off with my DD and bring it back. i got the pcm out and ready to go.

anyways,, everything is organized ready to start the install. hopefully UPS comes a day early tommorow

-carl
Old 06-02-2009, 01:16 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,505 Likes on 808 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'm assuming since you removed the PS cooler your car is Z51 optioned. I finished my A&A V2 install Friday. When we removed the steering rack we found out those two 18MM lines are indeed a b**** to remove. We wasted a few hours in that arena. My car is Z51 optioned. My friend Motorhead-47 who was a huge help on the install has an 09 with F55. His PS lines are not looped around like mine were.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:55 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

yeah, i have the power steering cooler removed,, wondering if i can reinstall it, i can't figure out why i can't put it back in. the cooler is pretty small. i've heard of other kits that keep the pwr steering cooler. where is the interference.. ill see tommorow when santa drops off the kit.
-carl
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Also, Im wondering if the 92mm fast is the same as the 90mm fast when it comes to having to flip the TB inorder for it to fit..

ive been looking at other people's install pics, and it looks really close, but i might be able to get away with griding a little off the tb itself or the bracket.

any inputs..

-Carl
Old 06-03-2009, 11:45 AM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

the power steering cooler will be in the way of the tube coming right out of the supercharger. you can leave the driver's side bolt in and turn it up clockwise to around a 45 degree angle and use a zip tie to hold it, or relocate that one or get a smaller unit. I know of people doing all of these... You will still have to flip the TB with the 92mm FAST.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

are there any extension harnesses to flip the TB? or just cut and add?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Do yourself a favor and look at the following thread regarding the relocation of that heater hose wth a T fitting. That T fitting will be right in the way of the SC and you'll have a hose trying to rub thru on the SC bracket if you don't make this mod. Doing it before you install the SC will be much easier than trying to do it after the install!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...post1570207721
Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 PM
skamp
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
Do yourself a favor and look at the following thread regarding the relocation of that heater hose wth a T fitting. That T fitting will be right in the way of the SC and you'll have a hose trying to rub thru on the SC bracket if you don't make this mod. Doing it before you install the SC will be much easier than trying to do it after the install!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...post1570207721
I agree! It is a cheap and easy mod that makes install much easier

Steve
Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

well, got the kit in today.

its pretty complete for a used kit, but it is missing some major stuff, aka the boost a pump. trying to get ahold of ******...

anyways.

i pinned the crank. reinstalled the steering rack, abs bracket and fan. then i swapped out the injectors for the 60#ers

added some spacers to the radiator support bracket, and moved the horns. then i got the install the rear main bracket,, after scratching my head for a while, i finally figured out how it bolts up.

i do see how the T' heater hose will be in the way,, i picked up some 3/4" hose and a coupler. i need to re-read that thread, cut i cant figure out where im supposed to cut the hose and add more.

but that will have to wait for tomorrow. i gotta get up early, and its already 130, and i haven't showerd or eaten..

goodnight everyone!

-carl

p.s. tighening those 18mm lines that attach to the power steering rack was a BIZATCH!!!

Last edited by carlrx7; 06-19-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:13 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by carlrx7
are there any extension harnesses to flip the TB? or just cut and add?
there are harnesses for the c5 and probably now for the c6. We cut and solder on the few we do here... try katech for the harness Part number KAT-4752 is for the LS1/LS6, not sure about the C6...
Old 06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

im pretty handy with a soldering iron, so ill do that and some conduit, it'll look like stock..

p.s. anybody have a KB Boost-a-pump i can borrow?

-carl
Old 06-04-2009, 05:36 PM
SETc6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sad now i took my kit off the other day to sell it and im already missing the power.

Get notified of new replies

To My A&A V3 Si Install

Old 06-04-2009, 06:12 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by carlrx7
im pretty handy with a soldering iron, so ill do that and some conduit, it'll look like stock..

p.s. anybody have a KB Boost-a-pump i can borrow?

-carl
Don't use solder, use crimp joints. The vibration of the car can weaken and crack soldered joints.

Just look at all of your factory connections.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:25 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ajg1915
Don't use solder, use crimp joints. The vibration of the car can weaken and crack soldered joints.

Just look at all of your factory connections.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette
The factory uses crimp ends on all connections or splices to repair damaged wiring. [i.e. it is not recommended to solder wires together because of the vibration of cars (causes the solder to crack or loosen) over time]

Is that better

Quick Reply: My A&A V3 Si Install