C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPE ZR1 Clutch w/ 20% increased clamping + Steel flywheel = Track tested 700+rwtq

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:03 PM
BIG GUN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LPE ZR1 Clutch w/ 20% increased clamping + Steel flywheel = Track tested 700+rwtq

I took the car to the track this Wednesday and ran the new LPE ZR1 clutch with steel flywheel. They altered the pressure plate to provide an additional 20% clamping and it's absolutely awesome. I'm honestly excited to drive the car now and looking forward to getting back to the track. I've had no luck with 2 popular aftermarket twin discs but I can say without a doubt that this clutch delivers.

No hype. No BS. I'm just thrilled to find a smooth streetable clutch capable of track duty with my twin-turbo C6.

Full report posted in tech/performance..
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...at-clutch.html
Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG GUN
I took the car to the track this Wednesday and ran the new LPE ZR1 clutch with steel flywheel. They altered the pressure plate to provide an additional 20% clamping and it's absolutely awesome. I'm honestly excited to drive the car now and looking forward to getting back to the track. I've had no luck with 2 popular aftermarket twin discs but I can say without a doubt that this clutch delivers.

No hype. No BS. I'm just thrilled to find a smooth streetable clutch capable of track duty with my twin-turbo C6.

Full report posted in tech/performance..
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...at-clutch.html
Sounds good, How much does it cost?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:57 AM
BIG GUN
Racer

Lingenfelter sells the kit for $1499 with everything needed to install in a C6.

The unit I'm running has a upgraded 20% increased pressure plate and should be available soon through LPE.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C62

The ZR1 clutch is really a great option for guys wanting a street friendly clutch capable of running at the track with up to 750rw. The new upgraded unit provides the same feel with even more capacity. I've driven many vipers, C5's, C6's and numerous aftermarket clutches and this unit is really impressive.

I don't care what clutch you buy... I personally spent several thousand on the aftermarket and was very disappointed at the claims versus the performance.

I consider the LPE upgraded OEM ZR1 clutch to be one of the best options on the market.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Robls6
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about going this route when I need to replace the LS7 clutch in my A&A supercharged 07. That clutch should have no problems with 570rwhp and street tires.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:21 PM
BIG GUN
Racer

I'd seriously consider it as this clutch would be more than enough for 570rw and you could run slicks if you felt like it.
Drive one if you have a chance and make up your mind. It drives like stock because it IS stock.

However, it's also strong enough to run 9's in the 1/4 mile on 345 Mickey Thompson drag radials and 739rw.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I got a chance to drive the Katech version of the ZR1 clutch in a 560rwhp Z06 and it is an awsome feeling clutch.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:13 PM
TrenAman
Drifting

my builder only uses ZR-1 clutches.. even on his 1000rwtq TVS Camaro..
Old 03-13-2010, 11:12 PM
mattsc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the reason the zr1 clutch is comming from lpe because it is not a direct fit on LS2 or 3 or7 ? So thier version is adapted to fit ?
Thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 PM
BIG GUN
Racer

Originally Posted by mattsc
Is the reason the zr1 clutch is comming from lpe because it is not a direct fit on LS2 or 3 or7 ? So thier version is adapted to fit ?
Thanks
Yes, this is exactly the case. The ZR1 clutch has a different flywheel bolt pattern to work with the LS9 and LPE produces a billet steel flywheel with the correct bolt pattern to bolt to any C6 or Gen V Camaro.

Additionally, LPE has also developed an upgraded ZR1 pressure plate which offers 20% more clamping force than the stock. The stock unit really is awesome and most applications will not need anything more... But from what I've seen in my testing the upgrade takes a great clutch and adds a little more headroom for extreme useage.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:45 PM
mattsc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought so...Thanks Bro.

Get notified of new replies

To LPE ZR1 Clutch w/ 20% increased clamping + Steel flywheel = Track tested 700+rwtq

Quick Reply: LPE ZR1 Clutch w/ 20% increased clamping + Steel flywheel = Track tested 700+rwtq