C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.::NEW House of Boost/Aeromotive Fuel System::.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:26 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We've done several and the "over-heating" is indeed a non-issue. It doesn't stop the haters from posting otherwise as that's what they do....but facts are, there is no heat issue.

AEROMOTIVE IN-TANK RESULTS

Originally Posted by Aeromotive Fuel Systems
This is a very common misconception about pumps overheating. The A1000 is the size of two 255's. So it moves a large volume of fuel. Fuel flows through the pump, so if the pump is hot what does that tell you about the fuel? Now where the heat comes from. The fuel is pumped through a fuel rail (heat sink) attached to a hot engine enclosed in a hot engine bay. The fuel is then returned to the fuel tank. The longer you drive the hotter the fuel gets. Not only because of time but the amount of fuel in the tank keeps getting lower.

As long as the pumps are installed with the right wiring and filters you will not have any issues. For those concerned with heating issues you can install a 16306 speed pump controller. It reduces voltage (pulse modulates) to the pump to make it run slower and is RPM activated. Hope this helps guy!

Last edited by C_Williams@RPM; 05-01-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added link
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by C_Williams@RPM
We've done several and the "over-heating" is indeed a non-issue. It doesn't stop the haters from posting otherwise as that's what they do....but facts are, there is no heat issue.

So, No need to install the pump controller unless you want to cut down on the noise at idle?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 PM
95redz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about running a fuel cooler on the return line to combat the gradual increase of the in-tank fuel temperatures.

Recirculating warm fuel only results in one thing: warmer fuel. Keep this process going for 4 hrs straight (ie: highway trips) coupled with a decreasing level of fuel in the tanks and what do you get??

Both the A1000 and Elminator are awesome pumps, but won't they both eventually get very warm thus risking injury to the pump, even with the speed controller??
Old 05-14-2011, 04:04 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^
^
good question and wondering about the answer from Aeromotive..

Do you installed A1000 or the eliminators pumps ?

I having heating issues and vapor lock from the Eliminator pump, I bought the HOB c6 complete system.

Also many other members reported that have same heating issues with A1000 and Eliminator in-tank pumps..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...or-pump-3.html
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 PM
fast00ss
Heel & Toe

This kit sucks Period! It needs a bunch of other stuff thats not included, and they dont tell you about.

Garbage!!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by fast00ss
This kit sucks Period! It needs a bunch of other stuff thats not included, and they dont tell you about.

Garbage!!!!
Like what? The only thing mine didn't include was a fuel pressure gauge (but that's because a user can choose what to use) and a tach driver, but the tach driver isn't even needed.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:36 PM
95redz
Pro

Originally Posted by fast00ss

Garbage!!!!
I wouldn't say it makes the kit, or in this case, the in-tank engineered piece garbage? Perhaps not getting all the fittings is "garbage" but as far as the pump assembly goes, its far from a POS...
Old 06-06-2011, 11:42 AM
MGJ07C6
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I was about to upgrade the system in my TT Z06 with this kit until I rode in a friends car that has it and we were left stranded on the side of the road on more than one occasion.

At least in his car there IS a heat issue!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:28 PM
1stGlance
CF Senior Moments Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pm for pricing please

with / without installation ?

I'm in Parkville - not far away!!

2000 Vert with 2006 LS2 forged 402
Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
vette.se
Drifting

Originally Posted by MGJ07C6
I was about to upgrade the system in my TT Z06 with this kit until I rode in a friends car that has it and we were left stranded on the side of the road on more than one occasion.

At least in his car there IS a heat issue!!!!
Zero heat issues here. Maybe it have something to do with how the rest of the system is designed

I have no experience of the complete kit. I bought the Eliminator version of the pump + the controller and built the rest myself.
Heat is always a issue with a fuelsystem having the regulator + return line going from the engine compartment. I have the regulator just beside the throttelbody and I have all the lines heat insulated and routed as far away from exhaust side as possible. That include the lines to/from the tank.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vette.se
Zero heat issues here. Maybe it have something to do with how the rest of the system is designed

I have no experience of the complete kit. I bought the Eliminator version of the pump + the controller and built the rest myself.
Heat is always a issue with a fuelsystem having the regulator + return line going from the engine compartment. I have the regulator just beside the throttelbody and I have all the lines heat insulated and routed as far away from exhaust side as possible. That include the lines to/from the tank.
What is the return line used -8AN or -6AN ?
How many hours did you drive your car withot any stop; truning off the engine?
Outside and your coolant temprature?
Do you have heat extractors hood?

It seems that these are major factors to get the overheating suituation!

For normal driving, at least for me, less than 30 minute,,, it was ok
even tuning the car on the dyno and taking 5 - 6 runs or more,,, no problem at all

but anything else,,, you will be on side of the road to cool down the damn fuel system! and you cannot drive the car for longer period anymore,,, otherwise the overheating suitation and pressure drops everytime,,, the more time you cool it down,, the more you will you be able to drive it!! of course you will not exceed the 30 minute period!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 PM
vette.se
Drifting

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
What is the return line used -8AN or -6AN ?
How many hours did you drive your car withot any stop; truning off the engine?
Outside and your coolant temprature?
Do you have heat extractors hood?

It seems that these are major factors to get the overheating suituation!

For normal driving, at least for me, less than 30 minute,,, it was ok
even tuning the car on the dyno and taking 5 - 6 runs or more,,, no problem at all

but anything else,,, you will be on side of the road to cool down the damn fuel system! and you cannot drive the car for longer period anymore,,, otherwise the overheating suitation and pressure drops everytime,,, the more time you cool it down,, the more you will you be able to drive it!! of course you will not exceed the 30 minute period!
6AN and the longest drive so far is about 3 hours, coolant around 100 degree celsius and around 20 outside, and yes it's a heat extractor hood on the car (it's a twin-turbo so it's needed).
Old 09-21-2011, 06:56 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The people having fuel overheating issues, were you running the pump controller?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 AM
orangecrrrush
Pro

i am running the pro series pump with the controller, and I have had no issues.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 PM
95redz
Pro

Originally Posted by BoosterClub
The people having fuel overheating issues, were you running the pump controller?
Yup 100%.

My issue now is the seal to the driver side tank in the transfer tube keeps leaking (has been replaced) and I get nasty fuel smells now.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 PM
TTBEAST
Instructor

I have the eliminator pump and stopped my build for other reasons. But now I am sitting on a lot of brand new parts and one of them is this complete eliminator fuel system with controller, lines , gauge, ect.

I have $ 2,500.00 Into this stuff and feel like I am stuck with it. Any suggestions ? Some seem to be ok with them and some not. I would hate to sell this thing to someone and them be pissed at me. Will Aeromotive take it back ? Most companies do not return electrical parts, I would be happy with a credit if they stand behind their products. I hate to sit on this stuff, I want to move on with my new build.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...te-system.html
Old 09-28-2011, 03:00 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TTBEAST
I have the eliminator pump and stopped my build for other reasons. But now I am sitting on a lot of brand new parts and one of them is this complete eliminator fuel system with controller, lines , gauge, ect.

I have $ 2,500.00 Into this stuff and feel like I am stuck with it. Any suggestions ? Some seem to be ok with them and some not. I would hate to sell this thing to someone and them be pissed at me. Will Aeromotive take it back ? Most companies do not return electrical parts, I would be happy with a credit if they stand behind their products. I hate to sit on this stuff, I want to move on with my new build.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...te-system.html

Why would they take a product back that you have had no issues with and just no longer need?

Get notified of new replies

To .::NEW House of Boost/Aeromotive Fuel System::.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:17 PM
TTBEAST
Instructor

Originally Posted by BoosterClub
Why would they take a product back that you have had no issues with and just no longer need?
I am not bashing Aeramotive and know that the majority of companies will not return electrical parts period. I have used their stuff in a couple of my cars and never had issues. But it seems as though their are people in here that are having some issues with them and people that are standing behind them with good results. Just trying to sell the system at this point, I do not expect them to take it back. I am buying an eliminator pump that is set up for a Cobra jet fuel tank and at first thought I could just use the one I have, Aeramotive advised me to sell the kit because they are " selling like hotcakes " instead of them trying to take this one apart and set it up for what I need it for. I agree with them, it makes more sense to start with the right one. I am not sure I feel comfortable selling it to someone and then them coming back at me because whatever reason. That is what I was looking for some insight on.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I am not bashing Aeramotive and know that the majority of companies will not return electrical parts period. I have used their stuff in a couple of my cars and never had issues. But it seems as though their are people in here that are having some issues with them and people that are standing behind them with good results. Just trying to sell the system at this point, I do not expect them to take it back. I am buying an eliminator pump that is set up for a Cobra jet fuel tank and at first thought I could just use the one I have, Aeramotive advised me to sell the kit because they are " selling like hotcakes " instead of them trying to take this one apart and set it up for what I need it for. I agree with them, it makes more sense to start with the right one. I am not sure I feel comfortable selling it to someone and then them coming back at me because whatever reason. That is what I was looking for some insight on.

caveat emptor. Don't make any promises, just list it exactly for what it is. If there is an issue, it can't be blamed directly on you if in fact you have never installed or used the device. You're selling it as "used" with no guarantees on your part.

Elmer
Old 09-29-2011, 02:35 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

I would buy it from you, having read everything here, except that I want to make my own lines and I think I want a pro pump.

Quick Reply: .::NEW House of Boost/Aeromotive Fuel System::.