C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KB boost a Pump with Edlebrock E-force

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
sftdyna
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
I’m still on stock run flats with a 3.25” pulley and 65lb injectors (Z06 fuel pump). There is no way I can use all of the horsepower and torque as-is. I’m not at all interested in going to “R” compound tires (short wear life, poor wet weather performance and crappy handling) so until I can cough up the $8k or so it will take me to go widebody, I just chuckle when the car breaks the tires loose in 3rd. I manage traction the old fashioned way…with my right foot.
i to will be doing an eforce and i recently contacted edelbrock, ecs, and lingenfelter about my install. it appears edelbrock will only cover the s/c if you use there in tank ZO6 pump, also i asked about there powertrain warranty which is 775.00 and covers the entire drivetrain and i was told if they find a bap they will not honor your warranty. cant we get a definitive answer about install time on the in tank pump? it would make this whole bap no bap we need an in tank pump issue go away.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tlove32
Hey Charlie - glad to see you're getting something done to the C6. I was afraid you left us for the Ferrari crowd
I am on a waiting list for the 458 which I hope I will get in 2 years or so however I will always have a Corvette otherwise you guys won't let me hang around.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by sftdyna
i to will be doing an eforce and i recently contacted edelbrock, ecs, and lingenfelter about my install. it appears edelbrock will only cover the s/c if you use there in tank ZO6 pump, also i asked about there powertrain warranty which is 775.00 and covers the entire drivetrain and i was told if they find a bap they will not honor your warranty. cant we get a definitive answer about install time on the in tank pump? it would make this whole bap no bap we need an in tank pump issue go away.
To amplify your statement...Edelbrock will only honor the warranty if the car is otherwise 100% stock, you have the kit installed as designed and you have the supercharger installed by an authorized Edelbrock installer using their calibration that comes with the handheld tuner in their kit. FYI there is also an anti-tamper seal on the front pulley so they'll also know if you swap pulleys.

What we are talking about here are possible options for the DITY crowd who does not want to tackle the fuel pump install. I can swap a fuel pump in an MN6 car in about 4-5 hrs taking my time. If I had to drop the rear cradle for an A6 it would be much longer.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 PM
sftdyna
Racer

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
To amplify your statement...Edelbrock will only honor the warranty if the car is otherwise 100% stock, you have the kit installed as designed and you have the supercharger installed by an authorized Edelbrock installer using their calibration that comes with the handheld tuner in their kit. FYI there is also an anti-tamper seal on the front pulley so they'll also know if you swap pulleys.

What we are talking about here are possible options for the DITY crowd who does not want to tackle the fuel pump install. I can swap a fuel pump in an MN6 car in about 4-5 hrs taking my time. If I had to drop the rear cradle for an A6 it would be much longer.
dont you think its worth going the extra yard for some piece of mind? im not looking for anymore than there 599hp kit but i understand the situations of others looking to go further, that being said for the people looking to go a little further wouldnt you think it would make even more sense to do it the way you have, and go the in tank route?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by sftdyna
dont you think its worth going the extra yard for some piece of mind? im not looking for anymore than there 599hp kit but i understand the situations of others looking to go further, that being said for the people looking to go a little further wouldnt you think it would make even more sense to do it the way you have, and go the in tank route?
I think there is more than one way to get the results. The counterpoint to your position is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of cars running around with the BAP option that have no issues. I see either option as ok. For the DITY guys the C6 fuel pump install is usually foreign to anything they have done before and there are a lot of ways to screw it up. The BAP install is pretty simple in comparison.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:22 PM
fasz06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default E-Force supercharger 1/8 mile

2010 GS LS3/A6/Michelin non run flat tires@32PSI
1.79 60'
4.98 330'
7.12 594'
7.60 1/8
93.48 MPH

Had to run with TC on or it would break loose after 60' and never stop