C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DALLAS PERFROMANCE INTAKE vs FAST 102

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:56 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DALLAS PERFROMANCE INTAKE vs FAST 102

Im really curious how the Dallas Performance intake does vs the {Mast Motorsports PI,Cary intake} LXR intake. But seeing how not alot of guys are willing to run a serious hood for the LXR intake I would like to know the gains the Dallas Performance intake {victor jr with elbow}has over a ported FAST 102?

What I have been told it that the guys at Mast Motorsports basicly did testing with the victor jr style intake,fast intake and the stock intake then designed the LXR to give you the best of both worlds. equal runner length and longer runners.

Here is a NA DYNO pull graph from a 9:5:1 ls7 lsx with a cam motion turbo grind. This is on a engine dyno.

as you can see the LXR did fall short threw the low and mid range. it took off where the fast signed off. Im curious if this is what the victor graph would have looked like. Would the victor had made way less torque? same? would the hp have looked the same or less?

thoughts?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You really can't compare NA combo to FI.

With that being said I don't have any experience with the LXR intake because it would require a massive hood. Our single plane intakes do pick up power throughout of FI applications over the FAST 92s. Not sure on the 102.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
You really can't compare NA combo to FI.

With that being said I don't have any experience with the LXR intake because it would require a massive hood. Our single plane intakes do pick up power throughout of FI applications over the FAST 92s. Not sure on the 102.

Hope that helps.
How does the graph look in a FI setup? Torque and HP loss and gain over a FAST92?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor

I'll see if I can drag up any dyno's. It's been a while since I've done a back to back comparison.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 PM
0Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The DP intake is the wilson Billet Bank. It loses power on NA setups. Picks up from 6-7, but the car is slower. On an FI setup, I wouldnt push a plastic intake at the boost levels taylor is running, so the aluminum piece is the only way.

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/produ...manifolds.html

Having said that, If you could physically fit the PI/Mast intake, its worth 50-70 hp, but its ginormous in size.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports
The DP intake is the wilson Billet Bank. It loses power on NA setups. Picks up from 6-7, but the car is slower. On an FI setup, I wouldnt push a plastic intake at the boost levels taylor is running, so the aluminum piece is the only way.
The Dallas performance intake Im refering too is the one they sell on the website and the one that is on the 1300whp 434 vette they did.

Im not looking to push a plastic intake at all. Just seeing how a victor jr would compare to the LXR intake. And since no one has hood room for a lxr Im curious the difference between the FAST and the victor jr.

Having said that, If you could physically fit the PI/Mast intake, its worth 50-70 hp, but its ginormous in size.

The graph above is my motor on a engine dyno. Na it gained 25hp and lost 10tq peak. Now under boost that may be a completely different story. Im just wonder if the LXR is really worth the money or will the victor jr perform just as well for less money.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 6.0Lcoupe
The graph above is my motor on a engine dyno. Na it gained 25hp and lost 10tq peak. Now under boost that may be a completely different story. Im just wonder if the LXR is really worth the money or will the victor jr perform just as well for less money.
In a boost application the Vic. Jr. would probably perform almost identically. Only one way to know for sure though...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:35 PM
6.0Lcoupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
In a boost application the Vic. Jr. would probably perform almost identically. Only one way to know for sure though...

So the LXR is over rated?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 PM
craftfox
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i watched Atomic Oranges car go 181 mph this weekend. it has a fast on it.. they must work.

Get notified of new replies

To DALLAS PERFROMANCE INTAKE vs FAST 102

Quick Reply: DALLAS PERFROMANCE INTAKE vs FAST 102