C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple C6 Vette SC system

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Mike@Whipple
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Whats the price on just the head unit with lower manifold? Nothing else.
So, you want a price on just the blower assembly as it would sit on the motor right? No IC lines, reservoir, pump, fuel system or tune right? Like a hot rod kit? For what motor? LS3 or LS7?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM
scottss
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike: What psi are you shooting for on the LS7?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:02 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Whipple
So, you want a price on just the blower assembly as it would sit on the motor right? No IC lines, reservoir, pump, fuel system or tune right? Like a hot rod kit? For what motor? LS3 or LS7?
Yup, LS3...
Old 04-04-2011, 06:10 PM
45ACPDoubleTap
Intermediate

What does the other end of the cooling look like? I am specificially looking for what the heat exchanger looks like. Do you have an installed picture with the heat exchanger?

Where do you take IAT readings from? I don't see an IAT sensor after the blower anywhere on the drawing.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Mike@Whipple
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by scottss
Mike: What psi are you shooting for on the LS7?
Shooting for around 7psi but I will know for sure after we get the car on the dyno
Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Mike@Whipple
Heel & Toe

Yup, LS3...
$5250.00 for black or $5750.00 for polished. Does not include: Heat Exchanger, IC Hoses, Water Pump, Reservoir, Injectors, Boost a Pump, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Thermostat or Wire Extensions
Old 04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mike@Whipple
$5250.00 for black or $5750.00 for polished. Does not include: Heat Exchanger, IC Hoses, Water Pump, Reservoir, Injectors, Boost a Pump, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Thermostat or Wire Extensions
Yikes, still to steep for just a comparison test....

Cant wait to see peoples results though, looks good in pictures.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:28 PM
eric04
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 04-04-2011, 07:30 PM
0Dustin@Whipple
Former Vendor

You apparently have NO idea how much time ive spent playing with PD blowers. They will not rival a Centri on a LSx engine, especially in a corvette. No way, no how, in no alternate reality or universe.
A few things:

A. You've never run our twin screw compressors on these engines, since they are just being released now.
B. A properly sized twin screw can always keep up with a centrifugal, just check efficiency maps, centrifugals take more power to move the same air on similar sized SC's. Centri's advantage is ducting air and running bigger IC's when available. We can't put a 300lb IC in the passenger seat like the race centrifugal setups. Also, inlet size, twin screw's need lots of air on the inlet side, the Centri pushes through the throttle body so its not as critical.
C. We've been in the twin screw business for 23 years, we've tested virtually everything out there and no the pros/cons of all. For street applications, we've proven we can make as much if not more power then centrifugal's. Check out the Mustangs, Camaro's, GM and Ford trucks, all make more HP per psi of boost and all are 50-state legal.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
0Dustin@Whipple
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 45ACPDoubleTap

What does the other end of the cooling look like? I am specificially looking for what the heat exchanger looks like. Do you have an installed picture with the heat exchanger?

Where do you take IAT readings from? I don't see an IAT sensor after the blower anywhere on the drawing.
We'll post some pics of the unit itself. Can't see it in car, has plastic shielding around it. Its installed similar to Maggies, but is bigger and bigger water tanks for better distribution.

The IAT is in the intake manifold, back, passenger side with rubber grommet to isolate temp, these come with the kit and are pre-installed.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Am I going to get suspended or banned if I argue with you? Because that is crap....

To think i never had any intention of bad mouthing this kit, it truly interested me as I consider myself a bit of pd blower guru and have quite a bit of experience re-engineering the "kits" that are sold.

Ill retract my statement when you post the first stock cubic inch corvette 850rwhp dyno numbers with this kit since apparently it can keep up with the centri units and the centri units can do it all day long without any huge intercoolers or anything like that.

Also, are the screws in this blower safe for the use of methanol?

PM me if you want to take this further, if I cant discuss this with you due to vendors rights, then its not fair for you to post it.

Originally Posted by Dustin@Whipple
A few things:

A. You've never run our twin screw compressors on these engines, since they are just being released now.
B. A properly sized twin screw can always keep up with a centrifugal, just check efficiency maps, centrifugals take more power to move the same air on similar sized SC's. Centri's advantage is ducting air and running bigger IC's when available. We can't put a 300lb IC in the passenger seat like the race centrifugal setups. Also, inlet size, twin screw's need lots of air on the inlet side, the Centri pushes through the throttle body so its not as critical.
C. We've been in the twin screw business for 23 years, we've tested virtually everything out there and no the pros/cons of all. For street applications, we've proven we can make as much if not more power then centrifugal's. Check out the Mustangs, Camaro's, GM and Ford trucks, all make more HP per psi of boost and all are 50-state legal.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

I'd like to know this as well

Thanks for answering my questions, the first PD for the C6 that looks to have some promise
Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM
45ACPDoubleTap
Intermediate

No problem with water/methanol injection.
Answered in an earlier post. Results would be better if injected after the screws.

Last edited by 45ACPDoubleTap; 04-04-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:56 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 45ACPDoubleTap
Answered in an earlier post
Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM
45ACPDoubleTap
Intermediate

We'll post some pics of the unit itself. Can't see it in car, has plastic shielding around it. Its installed similar to Maggies, but is bigger and bigger water tanks for better distribution.

The IAT is in the intake manifold, back, passenger side with rubber grommet to isolate temp, these come with the kit and are pre-installed.
Thanks. Waiting to see that heat exchanger picture.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:34 PM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spend some time reading some old threads, if you have questions PM me... Dont think the OP wants to talk about other manufacturers blowers.....
Now you suddenly care about staying on topic?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:04 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Dustin@Whipple;1577238316]Here you guys go, kits will be shipping in approx 2-3 weeks. Fits 2008-2011 LS3 and LS7 vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc9tmpNaT8k

Great looking kit, maybe we will have to try one and see were it maxes out.
Rob.

Get notified of new replies

To Whipple C6 Vette SC system

Old 04-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Spying Beast
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forget your medication this morning?

I didn't see anything in his post that would send you screaming foul...

Historically speaking, It's usually the "know it alls" that really don't know it all...

Anyways, back to the post!

Nice kit, I'd love to have one as I'm sure it can make some power. Probably more than my Centri kit.

I think it would be a show stopper in a car show!

Good luck with sales, I wish you the best!

Am I going to get suspended or banned if I argue with you? Because that is crap....

To think i never had any intention of bad mouthing this kit, it truly interested me as I consider myself a bit of pd blower guru and have quite a bit of experience re-engineering the "kits" that are sold.

Ill retract my statement when you post the first stock cubic inch corvette 850rwhp dyno numbers with this kit since apparently it can keep up with the centri units and the centri units can do it all day long without any huge intercoolers or anything like that.

PM me if you want to take this further, if I cant discuss this with you due to vendors rights, then its not fair for you to post it.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by McMung
Now you suddenly care about staying on topic?
Only when it comes to vendor threads, they like to cry to the moderators when things get "truthful" and/or "ugly".

Originally Posted by Spying Beast
Forget your medication this morning?
No, i took my meds, I think..

Best of luck to Whipple. It truly looks like a great system and I cannot wait to see the real world results and what it is capable of when someone really pushes it. It does look like the best designed system to date and for someone in the market to purchase such a blower I would recommend this one to them without even putting my hands on it. The design is far superior to any other available PD blowers, hell id pull the trigger on one to test it out if I could get the head unit cheap enough. For anyone in the pd blower market, this should be a no brainer. The only other company that comes close is Kenne bell and for the corvette applications it takes ALOT to get them to flow enough and cool enough air, trust me!!! Id love to see what it could do if someone pushed it. I truly hope someone buys one of these with the intentions of 18psi, id love to see if this can make 900rwhp.

Last edited by breecher_7; 04-05-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

As a person in the market for a PD blower I have some basic questions.

How “complete” is this kit?
My point of view is I have a bone stock 2008 vette and I’m looking for a DIY kit. I don’t care if you have drill bits included, but I do care if I have to make a drive into town for a 90* fitting or a fuel adapter fitting.

How do you handle the tune?

in your pictures shown above, Has the OEM battery been moved? If so do you supply the parts to do so?

looking at the picture above, I see this is a modified car with an MSD A6 box and aftermarket valve covers. Have you tried this kit on a Bone Stock car?

what type of permanent changes do I need to make to my car for this to work?
Example, the A&A kit you have to grind off a weeee bit from the water pump, and hack out the top part of the radiator.

when and where will the install instructions be available?

Thank you
Chad

Quick Reply: Whipple C6 Vette SC system