C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question from a new guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:04 AM
Senator Carbon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question from a new guy

Which is best, a turbocharger or supercharger system for my new Z06 Carbon 427? It will be a daily driver and occasionally tracked. Why or why not, please. And, which is the best mfr?

Thanks for all the insight.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:45 AM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Senator Carbon
Which is best, a turbocharger or supercharger system for my new Z06 Carbon 427? It will be a daily driver and occasionally tracked. Why or why not, please. And, which is the best mfr?

Thanks for all the insight.
Enjoy the car for a while and eventually you will answer your owned question, your question can cause a huge debate which has been asked here before, its all about the opinion of each other, I love Supercharger and my best friend love Turbo's.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:24 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

I personally love turbos... The feeling is unmatched. Superchargers are cool in their own right, but just aren't for me.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Senator Carbon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Thanks

I just spent the last few days reading everything on this forum. Very interesting to say the least. Motorhead-47 seems to know a lot about this stuff and helps others to solve their problems. Some others pretty good too. Who do you like to take advice from on this stuff? Which turbo system do you use?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Senator Carbon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, guess I didn't read everything. I just read your thread on the TTi install. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If $$$ doesn't matter get a GOOD TT setup. Not sure why you would want to DD a TT'ed Z. Sounds like a bad idea to me. They are very fun to drive but not everyday.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:47 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by gunterwalker
If $$$ doesn't matter get a GOOD TT setup. Not sure why you would want to DD a TT'ed Z. Sounds like a bad idea to me. They are very fun to drive but not everyday.
I could drive mine every day if I wanted to. It's easy to drive, even in traffic, despite the cam and triple disc clutch. I choose not to simply because I don't need to be putting 20k miles a year on my Corvette!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

If you're going to daily drive it AND track it, I'd leave it stock. That's alot of wear on a car and you're sure to find the limitations of some parts w/ the extra power... and when it happens you will be w/o a car.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:56 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ive owned them both, i love them both... They will both get the job done. Personaly i have never been a fan of twin turbo systems and no one currently makes a good single turbo setup for the C6 so superchargers have my vote on this particular day.

But I have to ask, how much power do you want/need? Exhaust, Cam, and a tune will really wake up your car..
Old 07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both are great for tons of xtra power
A good experienced shop (which you must find) pretty well knows by the problems they have had and what you need to prevent them in your build. There should be an Excell spread sheet that asks how much maximum power you think you will ever want then thru the columns tell ya what ya need. Get the best part right away....you will be happier and save coin in the long run. Do not be afraid to ask questions at the shop you choose. Cooling is huge imho from experience ...especially if you want to track the car.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

In my honest opinion i would say turbos. We build A LOT of cars at the shop so i have experience with just about every kind of set up. Turbos are about double the price but for a TRUE street car turbos are the way to go. If you want to drive around on 600hp and have fun you can with ease. If you wanna show off and impress someone or just scare your self with 900hp all you have to do is push a button. You can not do that with a blower. We have been doing a lot of twin turbo set ups are the shop lately and we do boost by gear setups on all of them. Its very nice bc you can have 600rwhp in first and second gear then 750rwhp in 3rd and 900rwhp in 4th.... It makes the car very driveable and not just usless power.

You are not too far from us. Feel free to give me a call if i can answer any ?'s you have. If you wanna stop by the shop and check out a couple diff. setups let me know. Im sure i can show you around to a few.

Get notified of new replies

To Question from a new guy

Quick Reply: Question from a new guy