C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel System Wires Heating Up - RSI Stage 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Can you take a picture of your setup and how it is oriented in the tank. I'm having issues figuring it out putting mine in.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 PM
fe9_fe9
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unreal
Can you take a picture of your setup and how it is oriented in the tank. I'm having issues figuring it out putting mine in.
Sorry I don't have any pictures right now. I'll be dropping the tank when I receive my new harness and pump. I'll be glad to take photos and share with you then.

Sorry again..
Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
fe9_fe9
Racer

Until this moment, nothing has been shipped. I'm really frustrated with the level of support I'm getting from RSI.

I'm seriously thinking of getting another fuel system. Any recommendations? This should support 1000+ RWHP.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:38 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That's the only reason I went with aeromotive again. Their customer service is the best. Always answered my calls and emails. Shipped stuff QUICK and by that I mean the next day! Jarod spent hours helping us and always lept checking to make sure his system works. I would recommend them.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by fe9_fe9
Until this moment, nothing has been shipped. I'm really frustrated with the level of support I'm getting from RSI.

I'm seriously thinking of getting another fuel system. Any recommendations? This should support 1000+ RWHP.
Make new wiring harness yourself or local shop? Mine still works well after 500 miles. Even with a smaller fuses.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 AM
fe9_fe9
Racer

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
That's the only reason I went with aeromotive again. Their customer service is the best. Always answered my calls and emails. Shipped stuff QUICK and by that I mean the next day! Jarod spent hours helping us and always lept checking to make sure his system works. I would recommend them.
Hey thanks for the recommendation. I will be looking for an external pump setup. I'm thinking of restoring my stock hanger and using my stock lines for normal usage and use the external pump for boost.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 AM
fe9_fe9
Racer

Originally Posted by Tuomas FIN
Make new wiring harness yourself or local shop? Mine still works well after 500 miles. Even with a smaller fuses.
Thanks Tuomas for the tip.

It doesn't make any sense to me to buy a full fuel system and pay lots of $$$ and end up making my own harness.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Thanks Tuomas for the tip.

It doesn't make any sense to me to buy a full fuel system and pay lots of $$$ and end up making my own harness.
Yes I do understand.. But do they take it back and return your money??
The Pump hanger etc. all the included parts are high quality so why change them? It's anyway very easy to change power cables from alternator to relays.. This little upgrade I will do on next winter.. before if come any problems.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:56 AM
fe9_fe9
Racer

Originally Posted by Tuomas FIN
Yes I do understand.. But do they take it back and return your money??
The Pump hanger etc. all the included parts are high quality so why change them? It's anyway very easy to change power cables from alternator to relays.. This little upgrade I will do on next winter.. before if come any problems.
High quality is not enough if you don't support your product..

I posted on the transactions feedback forum with my experience with RSI..

Last edited by fe9_fe9; 04-16-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

High quality is not enough if you don't support your product..

I posted on the transactions feedback forum with my experience with RSI..
You are absolutely right!! I'm still waiting my invoice..
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

They have a good product at this point because they've learned the hard way.

I bought a triple pump setup around Christmas and the wire harness was the hold up. I only received my kit this past week.

I've been down this road before with wiring pumps as I made my own kit similar to this for a c5 back in 2005. Stock corvette fuel systems can benefit greatly from thicker wires... Many people don't understand voltage drop, and stock vettes only get about 8 volts at the end of the wires if that.

With this system, I ordered the 3 pump setup, but I'm only running 2 at a time. When one fails, I plug in the fuse on the third pump.

For this reason, they designed me a special wire harness at RSI... However, after seeing the thickness of the wires, or lack thereof, they should be making all kits with specific feeds to each pump if it's so important for them to cut corners on wire thickness after doing such a great job on the pump hanger itself.

Anyone looking for 2 pumps, I encourage you to do what I did which is to opt for the 3 pumps, pay the extra money, and keep one unplugged. 2 pumps will support 1000hp... Especially with big enough lines, injectors, rails, etc.

The extra money equates to not having to drop the fuel tank out of your car when a pump fails... You simply plug in a fuse, and away you go.

So let that compute in your head for a while... How much money it saves in the long run.

The other good news is you have 3 pumps incase you go big power. You could have 2 tunes based on different levels of nitrous or boost, etc.

This also guarantees you have 3 pairs of wires leading to your pumps, as thin as they may be... Instead of 1 pair or 2?

Buy this setup and if they say it's going to be a while, do their biz a favor and yourself and get the hanger and rest of the kit and run the wires yourself. Use thick ones it's the electricity feeding pumps that keep your motor from running lean. It's kind of important.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Go with another one..

RSI has the worst customer service I have ever heard of and seen personally on this board. Friend of mine on CF ordered an entire fuel system from Will, which took months to get then once it arrived, it was installed and the pumps were BAD. Will was supposed to ship new ones out right away.

To this day and we are talking towards the end of last year, we have yet to get the new pumps from Will or the crossover pipe he promised. So, he was forced to spend even more money replacing BAD parts that came with this kit!

We built mine using 80lb injectors, fast rails -8 feed and return lines and areomotive pumps (340's), new wiring, switches, etc. It will support well over my current needs and we did not have to wait on a vendor who seems to have most of his business focus on the Viper community.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:40 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

all I can say is wow. I am really glad I went with Aeromotive. I was so close of ordering my kit from RSI. its sad to read about all those problems from a big vendor such as RSI.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just move on and complete your project!
sorry to hear that and the poor support from RSI!

I believe if they supported their product and were reactive to put more development and research about these issues and weak points of their systems from their customers feedback (especially with tripple pump setup),they will reach to ultimate high quality product!

but even with a good product, still customer service is IMPORTANT!.

move on buddy and get your car rolling on street soon!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm very very disappointed !!!!
I ordered RSI hanger with triple DW pumps and harness from Will for more than two months now for my friend's C6ZO6 and still NOTHING the sad thing that Will doesnt even response to my Emails , pm or calls Funny thing he told me it was ready to ship when I made the order...

Last time he replied to my PM was about 3 weeks ago.

Come on William I'll have to refund my friend from my own money now...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:21 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

The hat and the triple wiring harness is all I ordered from him, I made the rest of the fuel system myself because I didn't want to run a single -8 or -10 feed. I took the old harness out of my car recently and sent it to him to fix it for the new gauge wires and fuses for the three Deatschwerk pumps and he sent it right back. I guess I'm lucky or know him better than most. I will say that we all know he has lacked on the Corvette Folks business in the past, which is why he is or trying to hire some more help in. And if I'm not mistaken they will be moving to Dallas if they haven't already started so that may be some of the hold up. Hopefully everything gets sorted out for everyone
Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

didnt your post got deleted once for writing something bad about RSI? i might be thinking of someone else but I know I have that post in my email and couple others that I saved because I was planning on contacting the people that posted their problems with RSI before ordering my kit.... those problems didnt just start now... its been a while now

I remember Will said last year that he fixed everything because now he has all parts in stock and he should be quick in shipping orders and he hired more people so he should answer calls...etc obviously that is not true!! since people are having the same problems

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel System Wires Heating Up - RSI Stage 4

Old 04-20-2012, 01:38 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

All a misunderstanding and I jumped the gun way to early which is probably why the thread got deleted so I don't blame the admins or mods for doing such. But everything is great now and has been. I just hope everyone gets their stuff sorted out. I defintely want to see this triple pump setup work for those who do not want to deal with a big external.

Last edited by GAMEOVR; 04-20-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 PM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Like I said, if you had a viper, or were sending your car to him for a TT setup, then you might see some activity from him. Huge letdown to the CF community.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:52 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

wow now that is something. so he is available for the viper forums and the viper guys but too busy to answer PMs and emails from those guys!!!!!!!!!! wow would love for him to explain this!!!

Quick Reply: Fuel System Wires Heating Up - RSI Stage 4