C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody know what (APS)turbos I have???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:09 AM
Still_Slow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody know what (APS)turbos I have???

I have been tring to find out what turbos I have the serial number on them reads 780-062-400, I have looked at all the turbo part numbers on aps' site and found none to match? I'm trying to get these identified so I can get new seals in them!!

thanks

Last edited by Still_Slow; 04-22-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:11 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks like the 28mm's. Its about all I can tell you LOL! APS can still tell you that information. GL!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

Originally Posted by inspector12
APS can still tell you that information. GL!
APS is no where do be found! there was an aps rep on this forum but he hasn't been on in two years, I tried to send some emails but no response!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:04 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

That is the same APS number I have on mine. That part was made by APS and has a design flaw in that the impeller blade rubs on the housing. The rest of the turbo is by Garrett and I believe it is a 3074 but it's been awhile since I looked it up. The Garrett part number is mentioned in a couple of old thread. I should also mention that I had the oil seals in mine upgraded to an overlapping oil seal. I didn't like the gap in the split ring type seal.

BJK

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 08-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
That is the same APS number I have on mine. That part was made by APS and has a design flaw in that the impeller blade rubs on the housing. The rest of the turbo is by Garrett and I believe it is a 3074 but it's been awhile since I looked it up. The Garrett part number is mentioned in a couple of old thread. I should also mention that I had the oil seals in mine upgraded to an overlapping oil seal. I didn't like the gap in the split ring type seal.

BJK
do you still run the stock aps turbos or have u upgraded like most of the aps kits on CF, did upgrading the seals make a difference in anyway that you can tell, mine did maybe have a little smoke before we took them off but other than that I just want new seals just for a piece of mind!

Thanks
Frankie
Old 08-06-2013, 04:30 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

First of all, I found this thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1571229732-post10.html

And the Garrett part number is 3076R. I can't comment on the upgraded seal as the car is still up on jack stands. I do still have the stock system, but I will probably upgrade the intake side by doing the AtomicC6 mod. I also upgraded the scavage pump to a Turbo Werks pump and installed a one way valve on output side to reduce oil pooling in the turbos.

I also found out that just because the turbos smoke sometimes doesn't necessarily me the oil seals a bad.

BJK
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Because of circumstances beyond my control, my car would sometime set for extended periods of time and oil would pool up in the turbos and end up dripping on the garage floor, so when I decided to upgrade my entire driveline, I also pulled the turbos and took them in for the same reasons you have. That's when I found about the impeller rubbing and saw that the oil seals are really a metal split ring with a gap big enough to allow oil to slowly seep. It only cost me a little over $300 to have them inspected, grind down the intake housing where it was rubbing, upgrade the seals, rebalance and put back together. I the future I will have the rear of the car elevated 3-4 inches when setting for extended periods so that the oil doesn't pool in the turbos.

BJK

Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 08-06-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Here is the AtomicC6 mod I mentioned:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...that-work.html

BJK
Old 08-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

yea I have seen the first thread u should me, that's what I thought I had, another shop looked at the turbos and said I have an internal gated journal bearing turbo and not a external gated BB turbo, that's why I figured Id ask around on here from y'all that have experience with these kits! that second link looks like a good idea, probly going to end doing that as well, thanks 07Monte!

Frankie

Last edited by Still_Slow; 08-06-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: I can't spell!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:05 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Still_Slow
APS is no where do be found! there was an aps rep on this forum but he hasn't been on in two years, I tried to send some emails but no response!
Well this maybe true as it has been a while since I tried to call them, but they did answer the last time I tried calling and was able to talk to someone etc... and that would have been late 2011 early 2012 so this timeline is in your favor lol. Glad you found what you were looking for.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

Well now it just depends on if I actually want to rebuild these or get the DKT upgrades, but know I kind of know what I have, Devon @ DKT offers the PTE 5830, or the LG upgrades but I will start a thread with that question soon also! wish I could run the 6266 but it will not fit on my kit!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Icevettez06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Still_Slow
Well now it just depends on if I actually want to rebuild these or get the DKT upgrades, but know I kind of know what I have, Devon @ DKT offers the PTE 5830, or the LG upgrades but I will start a thread with that question soon also! wish I could run the 6266 but it will not fit on my kit!
I‘m running PT5830 witch I got from Deven @ DKT Those are much better than the stock one. Much more power at low RPM and all through to 6500 RPM. Downside is the internal Westgate and in me case I cannot go be lo 15 psi 5300-6500 RPM. I assume with smaller cid and stock engine that this would not be the case. Those turbo will fit directly to the C6 kit but you might need to do some mod on the inlet side do to small space if you want to put bigger than 2” inlet hose.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Still_Slow
Pro

Originally Posted by Z06-TT
Lg upgrades won't fit your kit.

I would love to sell you the 6266 upgrade. But the hot side is COMPLETELY different.
would they fit if I used an LSX and the Z06 manifolds?

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody know what (APS)turbos I have???

Quick Reply: Anybody know what (APS)turbos I have???